Ready For Love (HunHan)

nightStar's One-Shots Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Hi, I'm Luhan. Lu. Han. I’m a high school student, second grade. It’s really fun, my high school life, why? Because I have a really great best friend, Oh Sehun. He is the kingka in our school and he’s handsome—I tell you. He is a very playful person from outside and he is really warm inside. I have known him since forever, hahah. 

Today is another day of our high school. But today is actually special because it is the first day of new school year. We will be the second year student and we just come back from our holiday.

I just step in to the school gate and soon I see Sehun from afar.

“Sehun-ahh.” I scream at him. He just keeps walking as if he doesn’t hear me.

“Huh. That guy!”

I know that he hears me, but he always like that though.

I then run to him.

“Yah!!” I put my hand over his shoulders. He puts his hand over my shoulders too, it’s totally comfortable for him, but not for me, he is taller than me and I have to put my hand down and let him guide me by my head.

“Come on.” He says and laughs.

We are gathered in the school yard because we have to attend the ceremony. The principal gives his speech, the same speech from last year, I guess. After the ceremony ends, we go to the announcement board to see our classes. Since it’s so crowded, Sehun says he will look it for me. I then wait for him and sit at the bench.

I wonder what class I’ll be in this year and most importantly I wonder if I can still be in the same class with Sehun. We were at the same class last year. It’s most likely that I can’t be in the same class with Sehun and other old classmates in this new school year.

When Sehun comes running to me, I quickly stand up and wait for his information in anticipation.

“What class?” I ask impatiently.

“A.” Sehun says, he is still panting.

“You?”

“A.”

“Seriously?” Sehun nods.

“Yeaaayy.” I squeal and hug Sehun. Sehun laughs. I soon release him and we walk to our new classroom.

 

We come to our class. Yeahh, we’re in the same class and I’m stuck with him as his seat-mate for another year. It’s not that I hate it though.

We get some new classmates, every year the school will put the students in different classes in random. But Sehun and I are in the same class again.

“Lucky.” I thought.

Sitting beside me, suddenly Sehun stands up and pulls me up with him. He grabs my shirt’s collar, making me stumble forward. My face is so close to his, I look up at his face. He focuses at my tie. He helps me to fix my tie. I smile at him.

“There.” He says.

“Thank youuu.” I say.

 

 

Today, we meet our homeroom teacher. She asks us to get to know our classmates. There is Chanyeol, the school’s happy virus, ohh seriously he’s hilarious. He cracks some jokes that make the whole class laugh until tears. And when he meets his seat mate—Baekhyun it makes the class merrier. They are really the best pair ever, my second year won’t be dull for sure.  

The first and second lessons pass by quickly. It’s now the last lesson before lunch break. The class feels warm, warm like there is really only jokes and jokes. May be it’s because it is only the first day of school, the teachers aren’t really giving the real lessons and assignments yet, may as well enjoy it and have a little fun.

Soon, the bell rings—sign that lunch break starts. Some of my classmates go to the cafeteria to have their lunch. Some stay in the class because they have prepared their lunch boxes, Sehun and I being one of them too.

Sehun pulls out his lunch box.

“Here!” Sehun says and pulls out another box. He never forgets to pack me a lunch box, since… since forever I guess. He is a really great friend.

“Wooaahhh.. Look delicious!” I say.

“Ahh.” Sehun says and feeds me a piece of chicken.

“Hmm...” I give him two thumbs up.

He ruffles my hair and eats.

We end up feeding each other and eat in happiness.

I notice that some of the girls look at us and start gossiping.

“Sehun here, is my best friend.” I say to their tables and pat Sehun’s shoulder.

“We’ve always had lunch together since primary school. And being our new classmates, you guys should get used to this. Just saying.” I say again. They nod.

“Good.” I think.

Sehun looks at me and smiles.

“Aaaaand, Sehun here is also single.” I say to the girls while having my hand to block my mouth from Sehun to see. But it seems like Sehun hears that too. He gives me a light kick at my shin below the table.

“Ahhh.” I hiss in pain but smile at those girls, they giggle.

Sehun is quite popular in our school. He has received several love confessions from the girls, but he never accepts them, he turns them down politely.

He never has a girlfriend or boyfriend before, I know. I’m his very best friend after all.

 

“Ohh, Sehun-ahh, guess what?”

“What?” He says, focusing on his food. He must be still annoyed from my tease just now.

“Yahh!!”

“I’m listening.”

“Don’t be so childish, Sehunnie.”

“I’m not.”

“Oww come on.”

“What?” He finally looks up at me, still chewing.

“Kyungsoo and Chen are having concert again.” I say while chewing.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full like that.” Sehun says, I ignore him.

“We’re going, okay?”

“To that stupid music concert again?”

“Yah!! Don’t—“ Sehun reaches out with a tissue to clean my mouth. I chew my food quickly and gulp it down.

“We should go. It will be amazing, just like the last time.” I say excitedly.

Sehun and I went to Kyungsoo’s solo concert the last time. It was totally awesome. Both Sehun and I love Kyungsoo. The last time, we went together, with Sehun buying me the ticket, it was totally hard to get the tickets seriously. And when we went to the concert, it was totally packed, like totally. Sehun and I had to squirm between thousands of people. But it was worth it, Kyungsoo sang amazingly. And when the concert ended, I got to see Kyungsoo and got his autograph. Well, thanks to Sehun actually. He was tall and fast enough to get through the other fans and got the autograph for me.

“I have to admit that I adore Kyungsoo and his singing skills, but the concert. Luhan-ahh, you still remember the last concert we went to right?”

I nod. Sehun sighs.

“I’ll get us the tickets this time. It’ll be more expensive than the last though, since there will be Chen too.”

“You sure can get the tickets?”

I then picture Sehun’s face when he got us our concert tickets the last time, it was as if he just came back from winning a war. Full of sweats, out of breathes, hair totally a mess, and his shirt even got ripped.

“Awful.” I cringe at the thought. Sehun must remember that too, he is giving me a smirk.

“I’ll order it online this time.” I say in the matter of fact.

Sehun nods. “You give me no choice then.” He says.

“Yeeaaayy. I’ll give you the ticket as soon as I get it.” I say to Sehun.

When the lunch break ends, we continue our lesson until the end of the last lesson.

The bell rings and we’re free to go home.

 

Sehun and I decide to go the mall. During the holiday, we went to Sehun’s grandparents’ house in the village. It was really fun there, all traditional and pure. But still, now I miss my modern life.

“We should change first.” Sehun says while we are walking out from the school building.

“Why don’t we just go to the mall directly?” I ask.

“In this uniform? No thanks.” Sehun says. I nod.

“Okay then.”

We walk together to the bus stop. We will ride the same bus. Our house isn’t too far from each other, only a few blocks away.

Soon, our bus comes and we ride it home.

Sehun drops me off in front of my house.

“I’ll be back in thirty minutes.” Sehun says. I nod.

“Don’t be late.” He says again and waves.

“I know.” I shout and come to my house.

 

I get ready quickly and I am ready in twenty-five minutes.

I have changed into my jeans and T-shirt, I wear my sneakers and I’m ready to go.

“Three minutes.” I say and go down to ask permission from my mom.

Exactly thirty minutes, Sehun arrives in front of my door. I smile.

“Let’s go.” He says.

 

We walk together to the bus stop again.

We ride the bus to the mall.

It’s five in the afternoon when we arrive at the mall. It’s not that crowded since it’s not holiday.

We walk around together. We eat, shop, window shop, shop, walk, play, drink, eat, we are totally enjoying ourselves.

It’s almost eight at night when we sit at the bench.

“Should we eat again?” Sehun asks. I shake my head.

“Let’s go home, it’s getting late.” Sehun nods.

We’re currently at the third floor, we take the escalator to go to the ground floor.

When we’re standing there, I take out my phone to text my mom that I’m going home, we almost reach the ground when suddenly my phone slips from my hand. I’m shock and in reflex my hands reach out to grab my phone. Wrong move, I lose my balance and stumble forward.

“Luhannie!” I hear Sehun’s shriek before I find myself on the ground in front of the escalator.

“Awww.” I hiss in pain. Sehun quickly helps me up.

“My leg hurts.” I say.

Sehun puts his hand on my back and takes a hold of my waist.

He then guides me to the nearby bench.

Some people are concerned and asking about my condition.

“I’m fine.” I say and bow at them.

Sehun sits beside me.

“Are you okay?” He asks and inspects my leg.

“I’m fine.” I say and stand up.

Sehun looks at me.

“I can walk.” I say and walk. My leg stings.

“Here.” Sehun says and gets down on his knee, his back facing me.

“Go on.” Sehun says again.

“Piggy back?” I ask hesitantly.

“Come on.” Sehun says and offers his hands.

I get up on his back and have my hands around his neck.

He grabs my legs and stands up. I close my eyes.

“Am not  he—heavy?” I ask.

Sehun sighs.

“Yes, you are.” Sehun says.

“Let me down, I can—“

“Just stay still and don’t fall.” Sehun says.

I bite my lips.

I my head to the right, I can see Sehun’s feature this close.

“What are you doing?” Sehun asks.

I gulp.

“I can feel your breath on my neck. It’s tickling.” Sehun says. I throw my head back.

 Sehun grabs my legs tighter.

“Yah!! Stay still.”

I stay still.

“Yahh! Your head.”

I then lower my head and hide my face in his hair.

“Is this okay?”

“Isn’t it tickling?” Sehun asks.

“Huh?” I my head to the right again.

“My hair.” Sehun says.

“Ahh.. No, it’s alright.”

“It’s a relief that I just washed my hair.” Sehun says.

I laugh.

“Sehun is so warm.” I thought.

I shift my hands and hold him tighter.

He keeps walking until we reach the bus stop. He helps me up.

Get down from the bus, he asks me to get on his back again.

I shake my head.

“I can manage.” I say and try to walk. Sehun quickly grabs my hand and takes my legs in his hands. I have no choice but to circle my hands around his neck again.

He walks again.

“You should lose some weight though.” Sehun says.

“Yah!” I say and I blow at his face.

“Yah! What are you doing?” He asks and stops. I laugh.

I come forward and blow his eyes.

“Stop it!” He says. He shifts my legs.

“Kyaaa.” I shriek.

“Stay still and don’t do anything stupid.” Sehun say.

I bury my face in his hair.

“Don’t fall asleep.” Sehun warns.

I don’t answer him, taking up his hair’s scent.

“Yah!” He shakes me.

“I won’t. Just walk faster.”

Sehun scoffs.

Sehun bends his body to the right and left.

I keep my balance by holding him tighter.

“Ready for a full speed?” Sehun asks.

“What?” I’m startled.

 Sehun starts to run and laughs.

 “Yooohooo.” I scream to the night sky.

 

When we arrive in front of my house, my mom comes out to help me. She scolds me for not being careful. She thanks Sehun and helps me in.

I turn back to wave at Sehun.

Sehun smiles and straightens his back.

I smile and come to my house.

"I feel lucky everyday when I’m with you."

 

 

Since it’s the beginning of another new school year there is a new student.

He is Kim Minseok. But he tells us that he is usually called Xiumin. Xiumin is a cute name, right?

He is totally handsome. Like really really handsome. But he is not like Sehun’s kind of handsome, he is more like that pretty kind of handsome, with his cute smile and smaller figure.

Ahhhh I like him already. I’m so lucky to have him sitting in front of me. He turns back and greets us.

Since that day, Xiumin always joins us in lunch.

Sehun seems to like Xiumin too. They both have the same passion for music. Well, me too. But I don’t do music, I just like to enjoy it, while Sehun and Xiumin like to sing and play music instruments.

Soon, Xi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter