C h a p t e r 2

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 2:

“Hey let’s go to that new restaurant,” ChangMin said.

“Sure,” they all agreed and grabbed their jackets and headed to YunHo’s car.

They reached to the café and entered in. The place wasn’t as crowded when YunHo and ChangMin came in last week.

“JiJae, there are customers. Bring them to their table!” said Mr. Choi.

“Araso!” JiJae answered. She took the menus and walked to over to her usual customers. “Annyeonghasaeyo, my name’s JiJae and I’ll be your waitress. Please follow me.” The five of them followed her and sat down.

“JiJae~ah!” YunHo called.

“Oh…it’s you again. Would you like the usual or something new?” JiJae asked.

“I’ll try something new this time. You work here a lot,” said YunHo.

“I guess I do. Since you know me, may I know your name?”

“Jung YunHo and this is Shim ChangMin who you always see too.”

“Oh…Annyeong. So…any drinks?”

“Water,” said JunSu.

“Same here,” answered YooChun and YunHo.

“Tea,” ChangMin answered.

“And you?” JiJae asked.

“Just a coke,” JaeJoong answered with no expression.

“Oh, araso. Your drinks will be coming shortly.

JiJae left as everyone stayed seated. All stared at JaeJoong as he stared down at the table thinking.

“Hyung, you alright?” ChangMin asked.

“She seems…”

“Here’s your drink,” said JiJae, “Have your orders ready?”

“Oh…I’ll take the special,” YunHo said.

“Oh…I want the special, too with a turkey bacon sandwich and egg rolls,” said ChangMin.

“Oh, I’ll have parmesan chicken penne,” said YooChun.

“Um…chicken,” JunSu answered.

“Hmm…I’ll try alfredo,” JaeJoong ordered.

“Araso, they’ll come shortly.”

After she left, they turned back to JaeJoong.

“So?” YooChun asked.

“She seems…familiar,” JaeJoong confessed.

“Familiar? Where would you see her? She’s not rich and famous, just an average girl,” said YunHo.

“Mollayo, but, she just seems familiar. Maybe I saw her just once and that’s it,” said JaeJoong.

“JaeJoong~ah, you’re overreacting. Calm down and just let it go,” said YunHo.

“Anio. I know whatever I see, I see.”

“Well…if you’re curious ask her then,” said JunSu.

They can then smell the aroma of food coming their way. Everyone smiled, except JaeJoong, seeing JiJae walking to their table for the food. She placed the food right in front of them and smiled.

“Araso, if you need anything, I am at your service,” she said. Everyone looked at JaeJoong, causing JiJae to look at him. “Um, would you like anything since everyone is kinda looking at you?”

“Were you family with the Shim Corporation?” JaeJoong suddenly asked.

“A-Anio, wae?” JiJae responded.

“You seem like one of their daughters who ran away. Are you sure?”

“I’m sure,” she answered, “So, call me if you need anything.”

She left, shocked with the question she was asked. They didn’t bother to ask JaeJoong as they ate and joked around. JaeJoong looked up, watching JiJae cleaning the tables from behind them. He examined her carefully of her looks. Her eyes, hair, nose, lips…everything. ChangMin looked at JaeJoong then at JiJae back to JaeJoong.

“Hyung, do you like her?” ChangMin asked sheepishly.

“Anio, but I’m suspicious about her though,” JaeJoong answered.

“Oh, c’mon, get over it,” JunSu said.

“I can’t. Usually I can but this time I can’t!”

“Look, she’s just a normal girl unlike us.”

They felt an appearance in front of them, seeing JiJae looking tired and exhausted.

“Um…would you like anything else? Desserts? Refills?” JiJae asked, trying to hide her sadness and fear.

“Uh, anio. We’ll like the check please,” said YunHo.

“Araso. Be back in a minute.”

She walked away, heading back to the kitchen. YunHo frowned and turned back to JaeJoong, giving him a look.

“Bwoh?” JaeJoong asked.

“I think she heard us because of you,” said YunHo.

“Why does everything have to be my fault?” JaeJoong asked himself.

The door then opened. JaeJoong turned to the direction with his eyes wide opened. In fact, all of the customers’ eyes opened wide.

“Oh, annyeongsayo, Jin,” said the waitress as calmly as she can. “Which table would you prefer to sit?”

“Doesn’t matter,” Jin answered casually.

“Araso, please follow me to your table.”

Jin followed her waitress to a table. She sat directly behind JaeJoong then. He immediately stood up and left the restaurant, not wanting to see her at all. Jin frowned yet she shrugged, starting to plan something. Soon, JiJae came back with the check.

“Oh, where is…never mind, it’s none of my business,” JiJae said.

“Oh, mollayo, he just walked out,” ChangMin answered.

“Oh, okay. Well, just call me if you’re done and you 4 are good to go,” she said.

“Here, JiJae,” said YunHo giving her the check, “Keep the change, araso?”

“Oh, Kamsahamnida,” she bowed and watched them leave. She cleaned the table and picked up the plates. “Ah!” she screamed when she fell.

“JiJae, are you alright?” the waitress who assisted Jin asked and helped her up.

“Neh, gomawo,” said JiJae. She turned to Jin and gave her a cold look before walking away.

As everyone turned back to what they were doing, Jin smirked and ordered. The day was over as everyone left. Well, almost everyone. JiJae was the last one inside. As she was about to walk out, she saw Jin.

“Wow, now what a surprise,” said Jin as she walked towards JiJae.

“What do you want Jin?” JiJae asked.

“What, is it bad for me to say hello to my dongseng?”

“Dongseng? I don’t think so. You’re not my unnie.”

“C’mon, JiJi…”

“DON’T CALL ME JIJI!” JiJae screamed.

“Okay, okay. Temper, temper, control that,” said Jin, “Now, I just want you to never talk to JaeJoong since I’m back.”

“Who’s JaeJoong?” Jin laughed.

“Oh right, you don’t know cause you never met him, even though you were supposed to.”

“What do you mean?”

“Just call me unnie and I’ll answer.”

“You’re not my unnie! Stay away from me!”

“Okay, if that’s what you think. I just wanna say, I thank umma and your appa.”

“What do you mean?” JiJae asked.

“Thanks to your father’s death, my umma get to set me up on a blind date with JaeJoong. Do you wanna know something else more?” Jin asked.

“W-What?” JiJae asked, wanting to cry.

“You were supposed to be with him. JaeJoong and you were supposed to be together and surprisingly engaged but since you had your community service, I went. I’m lucky that your name wasn’t mentioned or I had to lie that I was JiJae and I would puke I if I had to.”

After that, Jin left, leaving JiJae there alone with tears. She walked outside, locking the door behind her. She turned and headed back home. She noticed someone familiar at the coffee shop that she was going to stop by before she reaches home. JiJae ignored the thought and entered, ordering a cup of coffee. She sat down, starting to drink the coffee while it’s warm. She turned, seeing JaeJoong sitting right in front of her. But why?

“Hey, you’re that waitress, JiJae, right?” JaeJoong asked.

“Yeah, why?” JiJae responded.

“What’s your surname?” JaeJoong suddenly questioned.

“Shim. Why all the sudden questions again?” JiJae asked him.

“Are you sure you’re not from the Shim Corporation? You seem like the irresponsible girl that got kicked out of the family.”

“Anio, I’m not. I’ll be leaving now.”

JaeJoong watched her leave the shop. He frowned, feeling that she may never want to face him again. JiJae stormed to her house, crying. She hates being reminded of her past and wishes that her appa never re-married.