C h a p t e r 14

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 14:

“She’s a weakling. I know she is,” Jin said to herself.

“Who is?” her umma asked from the kitchen.

“JiJae! She’s always having someone protect her. So pathetic. I can’t believe JaeJoong chose her over me,” Jin said.

“Honey, don’t worry. I’m going to do something about her, araso? Then, business will run smoothly and we will have our fame,” she said. Jin smirked and walked to her room. Soon, JiJae’s words just flowed through her head. “Psh, me weak? I don’t think so.”

“Oppa, am I weak?” JiJae just asked out of the blue while they walk back home.

“JiJi, I said you aren’t, araso? I know that you’re strong,” JaeJoong answered.

“But I’m such a cry baby. I will cry at almost anything,” JiJae added.

“JiJi, then…promise me you’ll try not to cry,” JaeJoong said.

“I’ll try but I can’t really promise that.”

“It’s alright, just try.” JiJae nodded and smiled at him. “That’s my girl,” JaeJoong said and kissed her cheek.

They entered the apartment, finding the place quiet. They walked in the room and sat on the bed.

“I’ll take a shower,” JiJae said.

“Araso,” he responded and lied on the bed, reading a book.

30 minutes passed and she came in, wearing a bathrobe. JaeJoong looked at her, trying to his…’need’ for her.

“Um…I forgot my pajamas,” she said very quietly.

“Oh…I’ll go ahead then. You change.”

“Araso.”

She quickly changed and brushed her hair while he was gone. She lied on the bed, facing the window, soon falling asleep. JaeJoong came in and smiled, seeing her sleeping peacefully. He lied down next to her and wrapped her waist tightly to him. He smelt the scent of her hair and felt the smoothness of her skin.

“Saranghae, JiJi,” JaeJoong whispered and slowly fell asleep.

(A/N: Sorry, I bet that part was boring but it was the only thing that came into my head before I headed to bed)

It was 4AM and somehow, JaeJoong just woke up, not feeling tired at all. He changed into jeans and a T-shirt and wore a sweater. He put on shoes and started walking around the park. He sat on the bench, breathing in the fresh air. He stared at the almost disappearing stars in the sky. Soon, he just felt someone sitting next to him. To his shock, he saw JiJae, just wearing her shorts and a sweater.

“JiJi, why are you up so early?” JaeJoong asked, worried if she was cold.

“I couldn’t sleep,” JiJae simply answered.

“You could’ve at least just stayed home and…”

“Oppa, today is the day and time when my umma died. I really need someone next to me right now,” she said and leaned on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’m here, araso?”

“I know. You’re always here.” His arm was then around her to keep her warm. “Aren’t you cold?” he asked worriedly.

“Anio, oppa, you’re keeping me warm,” she answered happily.

They just sat there and soon JiJae just fell asleep on his shoulder. JaeJoong noticed and chuckled. He held her even tighter, just staring the surroundings around him. He then saw someone walking pass them. He realized that it was Jin. He saw her standing by a tree as she was talking on the phone. He shook JiJae awake.

“JiJae, shh…there’s Jin. Let’s eavesdrop,” JaeJoong whispered and she agreed.

They hid behind the tree quietly, listening to what she is saying.

“Umma…I can’t kill her,” Jin said. Her phone was quietly on speaker.

“C’mon, we killed her appa for all this, you can do that to JiJae!” Mrs. Shim yelled.

“I’m not doing that. Besides, I didn’t kill him, I watched and you killed him. It’s just going to cause nothing. The car accident didn’t work,” Jin said.

“Are you defending her?”

“Anio! NEVER!”

“WELL TRY AND KILL HER!”

“I won’t umma! I can’t!” she soon hung up.

JiJae’s and JaeJoong’s eyes both widened. Jin walked away, not noticing them. Once she was gone, JiJae fell to the ground, crying. JaeJoong’s heart broke as he comforted her.

“JiJi…” JaeJoong said softly.

“They killed him, they killed him. Just for the fame and money. They even tried to kill me,” she said crying.

“Oppa, otoke?” JiJae asked.

“Mollayo.”

“They killed him.”

“JiJi…”

“Oppa…I wish I knew that. His wife didn’t even seem sad when he did,” JiJae said.

“Look, they’ll get noticed and it will be soon, I promise, araso?” JaeJoong said.

“Araso.”

He helped her up. JaeJoong signaled her to get on his back and she did. Her head rested on his shoulder as he walked back to the apartment.

“JiJi, the other day when you yelled at Jin…she’s a different person?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae stayed silent for a while and sighed.

“Jin’s mother, Kang SooYoung, met my appa one day when she found him crying because of my umma. They became close, so then, I met Jin. She was very kind. We were like, 10 when we met and she was a month older than me. We had a lot in common. I did tell her about you but I never, well you know I didn’t mention your name. She encouraged me that I will find you. You know…I bet she knew that you were my childhood friend and never told me when she was told that she was going on the date,” JiJae explained. “Since a few days before my appa died, she changed.”

“JiJae, then make her realize that she shouldn’t be like she is now but to return to who she was before,” JaeJoong suggested as they then sat on the steps.

“I can’t do that. She needs to realize it herself,” she said.

“You sure?”

“I’m sure. C’mon, let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

“Araso. Let’s cook breakfast together, hmm? I have to help with the business later,” JaeJoong said.

“Okay, oppa.”

They entered inside, surprisingly seeing breakfast on the table already. They look at the couch, seeing YunHo reading his book. He looked up and smiled.

“Mianhe, we started breakfast without you since we didn’t know where you were and ChangMin was…hungry so…” YunHo was then cut off.

“It’s alright, YunHo,” said JaeJoong.

“Okay, well I’ll be going out then. I was waiting for you two since JunSu went to soccer, ChangMin just went to the library, and YooChun went shopping,” YunHo explained.

“Oh, araso. Thanks,” said JaeJoong.

“Welcome.”

YunHo then walked out, leaving the two of them alone. They sat down and ate their breakfast silently. Tears started flowing down her face and JiJae immediately wiped them away so JaeJoong wouldn’t see. She was caught.

“JiJae, uljima,” JaeJoong said.

“M-Mianhe, oppa, but…I’m just so confused now. Otoke?” JiJae asked while crying.

“JiJi, look, I promise something will be done. I know it. Just give it more time and…”

“Time? I’ve been waiting for a long time. I don’t know if I can wait anymore.”

“Yes you will wait and you can. I know that you can. In the end, everything will be happy, less confusing, and peaceful for you and for all of us,” JaeJoong said as he held her hand. He sat by her side and leaned in and kissed her. She kissed him back and after a few seconds, he broke the kiss and rested his forehead on hers. “Saranghae.”

“Saranghae, oppa. I don’t know what I would do without you,” she said very quietly.

“Me, too. I think by now I would be in my room waiting for night and hanging out with girls,” JaeJoong laughed. JiJae just pouted. “Yah, I’m not doing that am I?”

“Anio.”

“See? So…wanna come with me while I work?”

“Will I be a burden?”

“JiJi, you’re never a burden to me. You’re my girl.”

“Araso, oppa. I’ll come with you.”

“Good. Let’s get changed.”

Once they were ready, they headed out the door. JaeJoong bent down and signaled JiJae to ride on his back. She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her chin on JaeJoong’s shoulder. He smiled and walked to work.

“Umma, I’m here,” JaeJoong called as they both walked in hand in hand.

“JaeJoong and JiJae. How are you two?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“We’re good. JiJae’s gonna be with me the whole day. I’m not leaving her alone at all from now on,” JaeJoong said.

“You know, I think I’m going to give you two a surprise later on,” Mrs. Kim said.

“What?” JaeJoong asked curiously.

“Kim JaeJoong, I said surprise. Now go to work,” she jokingly said.

“Araso.”

JiJae giggled and JaeJoong just immediately hugged her from behind. JaeJoong lead her to his office. He sat down behind his desk and she sat down on a sofa. JaeJoong immediately stood up heading to the door.

“JiJi, stay here, araso?” he said.

“Araso, oppa,” JiJae answered.

JaeJoong gently closed the door and walked to his mother’s desk. She looked up and smiled.

“JaeJoong~ah, is there something wrong?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Anio, I have something to tell you though,” JaeJoong confessed.

“What is it?”

“Jin and her mother…killed JiJae’s appa, but we don’t have evidence to actually have proof. We can’t even get inside of her house,” JaeJoong confessed. “It’s either Jin nor her mother will be home so it’s impossible to get in. JiJae tried before to get back in but can’t. I need to help her so her life can be easier.”

“JaeJoong, it’s not that easy you know.”

“I know it isn’t. I really want to help her with this.”

“JaeJoong, I know that you do. Things take awhile, and you know that,” Mrs. Kim said.

“She’s sick and tired of waiting umma.”

“She just needs to, araso?” JaeJoong sighed in defeat.

“Araso, I’ll just continue working.”

“Good, just do that.”