C h a p t e r 17

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 17:

“Umma, I’m back. Just for a little while though. I fell in love…something I was afraid to do,” JiJae said at her mother’s grave. “He kissed Jin. I saw it with my own eyes. I wish you were here to comfort me and telling me something to keep me at ease. I’ll try and return. I love you umma.”

JiJae wiped away her tears and walked to Seven Eleven. She made a cup of coffee and soon she heard the bell, indicating someone came in. She immediately walked out. JaeJoong turned back seeing JiJae walking away. He quickly just exit the place and quietly followed her. JiJae turned back feeling as if she’s being followed. She shook her head. She had just decided to walk to the park then to her house. JaeJoong turned back to where she was standing finding her gone. He sighed and read the street name.

“Aish, what letter is that?” he asked himself. He looked at the address as he tried to match the words. He smiled and soon found her house. “This is it. Now…where’s her room?” He went to the backyard and smiled. He climbed up a tall tree close to a window. He just sat there, waiting for JiJae to return.

JiJae sat down on the bench, feeling the cool breeze hit her. She slightly smiled as she soon saw the image of JaeJoong at Seven Eleven. She put her hands in her pocket and walked back home. She entered her home and smiled, remembering everything when she lived here. She took a long, warm shower, changed to her pajamas and headed to bed. JaeJoong heard the door close and the light on. After 10 minutes, the lights turned off. He knows that she’s going to sleep. After a few minutes, JaeJoong carefully opened the window. He walked in, and hesitantly walking to her bed. He sat down and gazed at her sleeping face. JaeJoong smiled, slowly caressing her hair gently. Slowly, her eyes opened. JaeJoong was shocked but his legs didn’t want him to move. Her eyes were opened widely once she saw JaeJoong. She quickly pushed him off and backed away.

“W-What are you doing here? H-How did you get inside? How did you know I was here?” JiJae asked.

“I came to find you. I used the window and Jin told me,” JaeJoong answered as he slowly walked towards her.

“F-Finding me? Wae? To tell me good news about Jin?” she asked.

“Bwoh? Anio! I came here to find you…to fix things.”

“What’s there to fix?”

“I never kissed her and I never will again. I just want you back, JiJi, please,” JaeJoong begged. Slowly, tears fell from JiJae. She ran to JaeJoong and threw her arms around him.

“Oppa,” she muttered as she cried. JaeJoong tightly hugged her back with tears falling down his face.

“JiJi, saranghae and I’m really sorry. I never wanted that to happen. I don’t want anyone other girl but you. I would never do anything to hurt you,” JaeJoong said, causing her to cry harder.

“Oppa, saranghae. I’m happy that you came here. I’m happy that you came for me. Saranghae, Joongie, saranghae,” JiJae said. JaeJoong smiled and cupped her face so she would face him. With his thumbs, he wiped her tears and slowly leaned in to kiss her.

It was the next morning and the sounds of the birds chirping woke JaeJoong up. He smiled when he saw JiJae curled up in a ball as her back faced him. His arm was still around her waist. Slowly, he gently got out of bed so that she wouldn’t wake up. He walked downstairs and looked around the house. He frowned.

“No food,” he said to himself. He turned and jumped in shock. “JiJi, when were you up?”

“A minute ago. Let’s go out and eat, my treat,” JiJae said with a smile. “I’m just gonna change first.” With that she left with a smiling JaeJoong.

After an hour, both JiJae and JaeJoong were ready to head out. JaeJoong held her hand and walked to Burger King. They took their order and sat down.

“Oppa, remember one of our deals?” JiJae asked while they ate.

“Anio. What is the deal?” JaeJoong asked her confused.

“That I would make it up to cook for us and we can talk more.”

F l a s h b a c k

“Care to join us?” asked JaeJoong. JiJae looked at JaeJoong and smiled.

“Anio, I don’t wanna intrude and I have to do my job,” JiJae said, “Mianhe.”

“Oh, araso, I understand,” JaeJoong answered.

“Mianhe, Jae, but…I’ll make it up to you.”

“How?”

“How about…when I have time, I’ll cook for us and we can just talk?”

“Deal,” JaeJoong said immediately.

Both looked at each other and smiled, forgetting about everything else.

End of Flashback

“I remember now,” JaeJoong said.

“Neh, so what would you like to eat?”

“Hmm…mollayo, you chose,” JaeJoong said.

“Anio, you chose. Hmm…I guess you just want the usual from the café?”

“And kimbap?”

“Order is served for dinner.” JaeJoong laughed and just stared at her in the eyes. She looked away embarrassed. “B-Bwoh? Is there anything on my face?”

“Anio I just…really miss your smile,” JaeJoong said which made her blush.

“I miss you,” said JiJae.

“Me too. I can’t stand to be away from you every minute,” JaeJoong said.

JiJae paid for the food and both walked out of Burger King. JaeJoong held her back so that she can face him.

“C-Can you help me convert some money first?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae giggled.

“Sure, but what are you gonna do with it?” JiJae asked.

“You’ll see later,” said JaeJoong.

“Araso. You can kind of like go anywhere you want so take your pick.”

JaeJoong held her hand and walked in a convenience store. After 10 minutes, JaeJoong got his money and both walked out.

“So, what are we going to do for the day?” JaeJoong asked.

“Hmm…I’ll give you a tour around the L.A. I know,” JiJae said with a smile.

“That’s going to take a while. Well…aja, aja!”

JiJae held his hand and both ran off with JaeJoong followed her. It was nearly 7PM when they returned exhausted. They came back from the market so that JiJae could cool them dinner. JaeJoong entered the kitchen and smiled seeing JiJae starting to cook. He quietly walked behind her and hugged her from behind.

“Omo! Oppa, you scared me!” JiJae exclaimed.

“Mianhe,” he said kissed her neck, giving her shivers but in a good way.

“So, what are you up to?”

“Hmm…I would need to go out and get something.”

“Oh, get what?”

“Secret. I’ll come back soon, araso?”

“Araso, oppa. Don’t stay out late. Remember the dinner,” JiJae said.

“I promise to return safe and sound!” JaeJoong yelled and walked outside.

JaeJoong looked around, getting confused again. He sighed and stopped at a jewelry looking shop. ’Wow I should’ve paid attention in school when we learned English,’ he thought. JaeJoong entered and smiled since it was a jewelry shop. He walked up to the counter and asked for something.

“JiJi! I’m home!” JaeJoong called.

“Oppa, I’m in here!” JiJae called.

JaeJoong walked inside in awe. The dinner was set up as there were two candle lights on the table. A rose in a small vase was in the middle of the table and all the lights were off. The only light were the two lit up candles. JiJae looked up with a smile and walked up to him. She leaned up to him and gently kissed his lips.

“W-Wow, JiJi. Y-You didn’t have to do ALL of this,” JaeJoong said.

“Well, I really wanted to make this night special. We should go back to Seoul tomorrow right?” JiJae asked.

“Right. I’m so glad to have you,” JaeJoong said.

“Come, sit down, oppa.” JaeJoong nodded and sat down. JiJae then took the seat next to him. JiJae looked close to him, seeing something that is in his pocket. “Oppa, what’s in your pocket?”

“Hmm? Oh…um, let’s eat first then you get to know, k?” JaeJoong said.

“Araso, oppa.”

While eating, JaeJoong complimented on her cooking. All the compliments he said made her blush the whole time. JaeJoong smiled as she just blushed. Soon, he held her hands and deeply looked in her eyes.

“O-Oppa,” JiJae called him.

“I have something for you,” JaeJoong said.

“W-What is it?” JiJae asked. JaeJoong then took a small box out of his pocket. He opened it, revealing couple rings.

RINGS: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/trackgirl653/KoreanCoupleRings.jpg

“I wanted us to have couple rings. I know we’re engaged but I thought it’ll be pretty cute to have them,” JaeJoong said as he put the ring on her and himself. JiJae smiled and tightly hugged him.

“I love it oppa. I love it so much,” she said. She broke the hug and looked around. “Well, I guess we should just clean up first.”

“Araso, I’ll wash the dishes and you clean the table,” JaeJoong offered.

“Anio, I’ll wash the dishes and you can clean the table,” JiJae said.

“Anio. You cooked JiJi you can do something simple and I’ll wash the annoying dishes.” JiJae smiled and sighed.

“Araso. Let’s get cleaning.”

JaeJoong kissed her nose and headed to the sink as JiJae cleaned up the table.

“Done!” JiJae said.

“Aish, you wanna switch?” JaeJoong asked.

“Anio, you can do them. I’ll take a shower. Have fun.”

“Aish, that girl.”

He heard her giggle then the door shut. As 15 minutes passed, he entered her room. JaeJoong lied on the bed and rested his eyes. He heard the door open and pretended to sleep to fool JiJae.

“Aish, I forgot my pajamas,” JiJae muttered not knowing JaeJoong was there. JaeJoong’s eyes became wide open and he sat up, startling her. “O-Oppa…I-I didn’t know you were in here,” JiJae stuttered. JaeJoong looked at her as she was wrapped in her towel. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her and without knowing, he just walked closer to her. “Quit looking at me like that. Aigoo, this is so embarrassing.” Soon, she felt arms around her waist.

“You look really y, baby,” JaeJoong huskily whispered in her ears. She then shivers down her spine. JaeJoong led her to the bed and gently placed her on her back as he was on top of her. Soon, he passionately kissed her as she did the same to him.

“O-Oppa…”

“I’ll be gentle, I promise.” JiJae nodded and let allowed him to make love to her.