C h a p t e r 3

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 3:

“Would you like anything else?” JiJae asked tiredly.

A couple of weeks passed since JaeJoong asked her the questions. She became much more tired and exhausted from lack of sleep. Not all she can sleep now. She sleepily headed to the kitchen, getting the couple’s order. She came back, setting down the food.

“Enjoy your meal,” she said and walked away.

She sat down on a free chair, holding her head up with her hand. She slightly coughed and soon saw a cup of cold water in front of her.

“Oh, SooMi,” she said to one of the waitresses.

“Here’s some water. You seem stressed,” SooMi said.

“Kamsahamnida,” JiJae thanked. Once she left, JiJae took a sip of the cold water. She looked at the clock happily knowing it’s almost time to go home.

“Annyeongsayo.” JiJae turned, seeing YunHo and the rest of his friends behind him.

“Oh, hey. Um…table for 5?” she asked.

“Neh,” YunHo answered.

“Araso, please follow me.”

YunHo nodded to them and they followed JiJae to a table. They got their orders and happily ate. JiJae sat back down, reading the newspaper. She looked up, hearing her boss calling her.

“JiJae~ah, you’re done for tonight until you finish assisting those 5 boys there,” said Mr. Choi.

“Oh, araso. Kamsahamnida,” JiJae said, heading to the kitchen to get changed. She yawned taking off her apron. “I need to sleep.”

She quickly stood back up, about to pass out, but able to stand. She then passed YunHo’s table.

“JiJae, you’re leaving?” YunHo asked.

“Oh, not yet. I get off after you guys are done. Take your time, araso?” JiJae answered.

“Araso,” said YunHo, “Would you like a ride home?”

“YunHo, I don’t think she’ll need our help,” JaeJoong said.

“YunHo~ah, it’s alright. I’ve walked home alone all the time,” JiJae answered.

“We really don’t mind,” said YunHo, “Do you guys mind?”

“Not at all/Anio/It’s cool,” answered ChangMin, JunSu, and YooChun.

“It’s alright guys. I’ll go alone,” JiJae said and started reading her book.

10 minutes passed and they handed her the check and change. Everyone left as YunHo told ChangMin to stay.

“Araso, Hyung,” ChangMin answered and waited outside.

JiJae cleaned up the table. After, she grab her bag and headed out the door. She jumped in shock, seeing someone walking towards her. She looked up, relieved that it was ChangMin.

“Oh, ChangMin~ah, it’s just you,” JiJae said, “What are you doing here?”

“I’m going to walk you home, araso?” ChangMin answered.

“ChangMin~ah, please, it’s alright. I’ll walk myself home, ‘k?” JiJae suggested.

“It won’t be right if I let you walk alone, though.”

“Please, ChangMin, please.”

ChangMin looked in her eyes. He can see the sadness in there and pleading. She really meant it. ChangMin sighed and just gave in.

“A-Araso, JiJae. See you soon,” said ChangMin. JiJae smiled.

“Kamsahamnida, bye.”

JiJae turned and left. ChangMin just watched her from behind until her figure disappeared. Soon, it started to rain, making it harder for ChangMin to check if she was alright. He put his jacket over his head and ran to her direction to check if she was alright.

“JiJae~ah!” ChangMin called. He looked down with widened eyes. “JiJae~ah!” ChangMin bent down to her height, shaking her to wake up. “JiJae, c’mon, wake up!” She didn’t respond. ChangMin carried her bridal style. “C’mon JiJae, I’m taking you to our place.”

ChangMin ran back to the apartment, trying to keep him and JiJae dry in the rain. They finally made it and everyone turned to ChangMin when he entered. YunHo stood up and ran to ChangMin.

“ChangMin~ah, what happened?” YunHo asked.

“S…She…fainted…going…back home,” ChangMin answered, catching his breath.

“Bwoh? C’mon, bring her to the couch,” YunHo ordered and ChangMin did what he’s told. “YooChun, can you give her a blanket and extra pillows?”

“Araso,” answered YooChun and headed to the closet for the blankets and pillows.

“Hyung, I’ll help,” JunSu said and headed to YooChun.

YunHo kneeled down to her level and felt her forehead. He frowned and shook his head.

“She’s really hot. We gotta take care of her,” said YunHo.

“How? We can’t change her into warmer clothes since she’s a girl and we’re guys,” said JunSu while placing a pillow for her head and YooChun placing a blanket.

“We’ll wait till she wakes up then. She can wear…mollayo if they’ll fit.”

“Doesn’t matter,” said JunSu, “She can’t just stay in those clothes once she wakes up.”

“That’s true. Well, we should make her some soup and tea once she wakes up. JaeJoong~ah, will you?” YunHo asked.

“Araso,” JaeJoong answered, not wanting to refuse YunHo.

Before JaeJoong headed to the kitchen, he turned to JiJae. He walked up to her, looking at her lips tremble. He looked at her closely, trying to figure out something about her, but nothing.

“U-U-Um-ma…” JiJae mumbled quietly. Everyone looked at her curiously, especially JaeJoong. “A-Ap-pa…” Slowly, her eyes opened. Blinking many times and she finally got her vision. She sees five different boys around her, and she noticed YunHo clearly. “W-Why…”

“Just rest, araso? Don’t start talking and rest,” said YunHo. JiJae just nodded and looked at her side, seeing JaeJoong’s curious gaze. She quickly turned away.

“Gwenchena?” ChangMin asked.

“Neh, Kamsahamnida,” JiJae answered and coughed a bit. She then turned to JaeJoong. “Gwenchena?”

“Neh,” JaeJoong answered and just stood up, heading to the kitchen.

They then turned to the hallway, seeing JunSu walking in the room holding some clothes. He smiled at JiJae and handed them to her.

“Here, JiJae. Go and change so you’re dry. You can take a shower now in our bathroom,” JunSu said. JiJae smiled at him and accepted the clothes.

“Kamsahamnida,” JiJae said and stood up, “Um, where’s the bathroom?”

“Oh, 3rd door to the left,” JunSu answered.

She nodded and walked in. JiJae locked the door behind her and hugged her knees sitting down, silently crying, but happily.