C h a p t e r 15

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 15:

“She’s right. I think she’s right,” Jin said to herself. “What if I am weak?”

“Who’s weak?” Ms. Kang asked.

“Me,” Jin answered,

“Who’s said such thing!” Ms. Kang yelled.

“Shim JiJae and you know, I think she is right!” Jin yelled.

“No she’s wrong. She’s weak, araso. You have so much power than a lot of people, so don’t think that you’re weak. You are powerful. I’ll be back, okay. I need some things to do,” said Ms. Kang and walked out the door.

It was night time and JaeJoong finally got out of work. He and JiJae walked out of the building, just walking around the city.

“Weren’t you bored staying with me?” JaeJoong asked.

“Not really, I mean, I get to be with you the whole day. That made me happy,” JiJae answered.

“That’s good then,” he said and put his arm around her. “You know what I realized?”

“Bwoh?”

“Let’s go on a date right now. We never been on a date yet JiJi. I would love to spend much more time with you,” JaeJoong said. “I mean, we’ve kinda been out but I never said or asked you if you would like to go a date with me.”

“I would love to go on a date with you Joongie,” JiJae said and pinched his cheek. JaeJoong held the hand that she pinched his cheek on.

“What was that for?” he pouted.

“You’re just way too cute, oppa,” JiJae said.

“I know I am.”

“So self-center of you.”

“Hey…” JaeJoong pouted.

“I’m kidding. So where are we gonna go?” JiJae asked curiously.

“Get on my back, you’ll know,” JaeJoong answered as he bended down.

JiJae smiled and climbed on his back. He stood up and walked to the destination. They arrived seeing many people.

“Oppa, the boardwalk!” JiJae cheered.

“Yup,” he replied happily seeing JiJae happy.

JaeJoong held her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. JiJae looked at their and back up at him and smiled. JaeJoong looked back and smiled back, just happy to be with her. JiJae looked away and found a water ride.

“Oppa, let’s go there,” JiJae suggested.

“Araso, aja!”

After minutes of waiting, they got in their seats. They were in the front and JiJae just stiffened as it was moving. JaeJoong looked at her and held her hand so that she knows that everything is alright.

“JiJi, you chose it, so it’s alright araso. This is supposed to be fun,” JaeJoong said and smiled.

She turned to him and smiled.

“I kn…KNOW!!!! AH!!!” JiJae screamed as they just flew right down and got wet from the water.

The ride was over and JiJae got out all shaky as JaeJoong was calm, just holding her hand. He lightly laughed at her.

“What’s so funny?” she asked.

“You chose to ride that and you were scared,” JaeJoong said.

“Aish, it seems really fun. I wanna try it and now I’m cold,” JiJae answered. JaeJoong suddenly hugged her from the side as he lead them to the beach.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep you warm,” JaeJoong said and kissed her head. JiJae blushed and stared at the ground.

“You’ll get sick though,” she said.

“Who knows? I might or might not,” JaeJoong said. JiJae soon embraced him around his waist to keep him warm.

“Not anymore, oppa. I’ll keep you warm too,” she said with a smile.

“Babe, let’s sit near the ocean,” JaeJoong said.

“Babe?” she questioned.

“Yup. C’mon baby,” he said and held her hand as he dragged her near the shore.

Both were sitting on the sand. JiJae sat between his legs on the sand as JaeJoong was behind her, his chin resting on her shoulder and arms around her waist as they both watched the sunset.

“Oppa, the sunset is so beautiful. I love the colors,” JiJae said.

“Me too. It’s more beautiful since you’re here with me watching it,” JaeJoong said and kissed her cheek. She blushed and looked down, watching JaeJoong holding her hand. “I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” JiJae asked curiously as she turned to him.

“Well, I’m going to say that this first date will be the most memorable one for us. I just hope it’s a happy one,” JaeJoong said.

“What do you mean?”

JaeJoong stood up and helped JiJae up. JaeJoong didn’t say anything and just stared at her, hoping for the right answer. He held her hands and deeply stared into her eyes.

“JiJi, I love you very much. I mean, I’ll give up my life for you. If something happens to us to become separated, I will chase after you. I will want you back no matter what. That’s how much I love you, JiJae. When we were kids, I helped you find your appa. I had a fun time helping you then. We soon just kept meeting each other and became the best of friends. Then you left and I was sad but still happy since we still had contact until that broke. Years later you came back in my life and I was happy. I can’t bear to lose you again, JiJae~ah. I can’t. So…will you marry me?” JaeJoong asked as he knelt one knee, holding her left hand. He just looked at her and tears her flowing down her face. She was crying. “JiJi?”

“How would you feel if I say yes?” JiJae answered with a smile. “I’ll marry you, Jae. I will. I don’t wanna lose you again too.”

JaeJoong smiled and took out the ring from his pocket. He slid it on her finger and stood up, kissing her passionately as he wiped away her tears. He then put his arms around her waist and JiJae’s arm around his neck, kissing him back passionately. JaeJoong broke the kiss and looked at her and smiled.

“I love you,” JaeJoong said.

“I love you too,” said JiJae.

“Gosh, you make me the happiest man alive, you know?”

“I bet I do, oppa.”

“Always and forever. Losing you is going to make me…depressed and like I will do whatever it takes to get you back,” said JaeJoong.

“You will?” she asked.

“Yeah, I will. I promise I will.” JiJae smiled and blushed. He smiled back and lightly kissed her. “C’mon, let’s go back to the office and then back home and warm ourselves up.”

“That would be a good idea,” she laughed.

JaeJoong wrapped his arm around so that she wouldn’t feel too cold heading home.

“Excited that you would soon be the next Mrs. Kim JaeJoong?” JaeJoong asked.

“Oppa, I’m very excited. Let’s start planning if you want,” JiJae said.

“I don’t wanna rush you though, araso? I don’t wanna rush our wedding, I mean, let’s take our time. I’m going to tell umma and make sure she doesn’t freak out over the whole thing,” JaeJoong said as he laughed. She laughed along with him.

“Araso.”

“OH MY GOODNESS! THE WEDDING MUST START SOON!” Mrs. Kim squealed like a maniac. All JaeJoong could do was feel embarrassed and JiJae stare. “So…when will it be? Where is it be held? Who’s invited? How many guests? Where will be the honeymoon? Food? Reception? Dress…?” Mrs. Kim just went on and on.

“Umma, we don’t wanna rush through it. We’re just going to go with the flow from now on,” JaeJoong calmly answered.

“Are you two sure?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“We’re sure Aujuma,” JiJae answered with an assuring smile. Mrs. Kim smiled back.

“Araso, whatever you two want, but…of course I have to be a part of it.”

“Deal,” JaeJoong said annoyed and JiJae giggled.

“Kim JaeJoong is that a way to act like in front of your own mother?” Mrs. Kim asked in disbelief.

“M-Mianhe, umma,” JaeJoong said.

“Oh sure. You see JiJae~ah, he may say sorry, but usually he doesn’t mean it and that’s usually towards me so watch him carefully,” Mrs. Kim said.

“Bwoh? Umma!” JaeJoong whined like a 5-year-old.

“Oppa, let’s go and don’t act like a baby. Bye Aujuma, thank you!” JiJae said happily as she dragged the pouting JaeJoong to the lobby. “Oppa, why whine? She’s your umma.”

“She just loves to embarrass me,” JaeJoong said.

“Do you want her to say what she did just now or have her show your baby pictures?”

“Now,” JaeJoong immediately answered.

“C’mon, oppa. We should sleep,” said JiJae.