C h a p t e r 7

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 7

A couple of weeks passed. Everything seems to be much more busier for JiJae now in life. She feels as if everything is going tough on her. She tiredly walked to work. Once she came in, all the workers seem very concerned of her. She ignored the stares and entered the kitchen.

“JiJae~ah, you should just take off,” said Mr. Choi.

“Anio, I’m fine, chincha. I can handle this,” JiJae answered and started her job.

“Hey guys, it’s been a while since we saw JiJae,” said JunSu, “Let’s go and visit her.”

“I’m worried about her,” JaeJoong said, “I will see her everyday and she seems weaker and thinner.”

“Chincha?” YunHo asked.

“Neh. Mollayo what’s happening but I wanna help, though she’s stubborn for it.”

“C’mon, I agree with JunSu,” ChangMin said, not listening to JaeJoong, “I’m starved.”

Everyone shook their head and grabbed their jackets, heading to ChangMin’s car.

“Yah! ChangMin slow down!” they all yelled.

“I really wanna eat,” ChangMin whined.

“Do you want us to die?!” they all asked in unison.

“Anio,” ChangMin answered quickly and drove to the speed limited.

“You know I’m NEVER sitting up front with you again,” said JunSu.

“I’m not going to be in the same car as him again,” said YooChun.

“Shut up. We’re here already,” said ChangMin.

They came in, finding the place packed. They smiled, seeing the original smiling JiJae in front of them. They followed her to their table and waited for their order.

“JiJae, how are you feeling?” JunSu asked.

“Oh, I’m feeling alright, just a little tired, but alright,” JiJae answered.

“Care to join us?” asked JaeJoong. JiJae looked at JaeJoong and smiled.

“Anio, I don’t wanna intrude and I have to do my job,” JiJae said, “Mianhe.”

“Oh, araso, I understand,” JaeJoong answered.

“Mianhe, Jae, but…I’ll make it up to you.”

“How?”

“How about…when I have time, I’ll cook for us and we can just talk?”

“Deal,” JaeJoong said immediately.

Both looked at each other and smiled, forgetting about everything else.

“JiJae~ah!” Mr. Choi called, breaking her gaze. She turned to her manager.

“Uh, n-neh?” she responded.

“C’mon, JiJi, hurry and assist the other customers,” said Mr. Choi. ‘JiJi?’ JaeJoong thought.

“Oh, araso, araso,” said JiJae and started to help the others.

Everyone started eat, but JaeJoong just watched JiJae heading to the kitchen. His focus is back to eating once she wasn’t in sight.

“Hyung,” ChangMin called.

“Hmm?” JaeJoong responded.

“Do you love her?” he asked in a low tone that only they can hear.

“Like my sister,” JaeJoong answered.

“You sure about that?”

“Neh, I’m sure.”

“Okay, whatever you say but I say you love her.”

JaeJoong shook his head in disbelief. ‘I don’t love her, don’t I?’ he thought to himself. He shook his head in disagreement. ‘Nah.’ Soon, the door opened and everyone in the place turned. She smiled and walked towards JaeJoong.

“What do you want Jin?” JaeJoong asked coldly.

“C’mon, let’s hang out together. Just the two of us,” Jin said.

“Jin, can’t you just understand? I don’t wanna see you anymore,” he said.

“But…oppa…”

“Don’t call me oppa.”

Jin was about to talk but was soon cut off.

“Oh, Jin, are you going to eat or just stand there?” JiJae asked.

“Stand here,” Jin simply answered.

“Look, it’s either eat or leave.”

“Wow, you know…I’ll eat, but with the guys.”

“I…don’t think so. I guess you just have to leave,” JiJae said, trying not to yell.

“What gives you the right to tell me to leave? Look, I’m just here to see my boyfriend!” said Jin. Soon, the crowd has got their attention.

“He’s not your boyfriend, Jin.”

“What makes you say he’s not?”

“Me,” said JaeJoong, “JiJae’s right. You’re not even invited to eat with us.”

Jin just stared at him in disbelief. Soon, anger filled her eyes.

“Argh! Fine! You know what Shim JiJae, I warned you,” Jin warned. “That one special thing you have will be destroyed and I will find out what and how,” she whispered in her ear then left.

JiJae just stood there with no expression in her face. She was actually scared and worried. ‘I bet she does know my weakness,’ she thought to herself. She just stood there like a statue. She didn’t know what to do at all. Her mind is still blank. After a few moments, she just jumped of fear, feeling a hand on her shoulder. She turned, seeing JaeJoong who looks very concerned of her.

“Gwenchena?” he asked.

“Oh, n-neh. Mianhe, I didn’t mean to worry you,” JiJae said, “Well, better get back to work.” She gave a small smile and then left to the kitchen. JaeJoong just stood at his spot and watched her.

“Hyung, you alright?” ChangMin asked.

“Something’s…troubling her,” JaeJoong muttered.

“You sure?” YunHo asked.

“Neh, I can…tell.”

It was late at night and the restaurant was about to close. JiJae left the place and headed to her apartment. Her eyes widened in shock of the sight.

“What are you doing to my apartment?!” she screamed at a worker. He then walked up to her with an apologetic look.

“Mianhe, but we were told to do so. We’ve packed all of your stuff so that we could start as soon as possible,” he explained and handed JiJae her things. “Mianhe, but it’s an order.”

“W-Who told you to do so?”

“Mollayo, we were just told.”

Soon, tears formed in JiJae’s eyes. She couldn’t believe it at all. Her only home being destroyed by an anonymous person. She sadly sighed and started walking her own direction for a place at least stay. But where? It was getting dark and colder, still walking around. She possibly walked the same block ten times too. She side, hugging her knees as she was against a brick building. Slowly, tears ran down her face as she tried her best not to even sob loudly. She covered , hoping no one will hear her sobs.

“Guys, I’m gonna take a walk,” said JaeJoong, about to head out the door.

“Oh, wae Hyung? We’re about to play a game of Monopoly,” ChangMin asked, pouting.

“Don’t worry ChangMin~ah, I’ll be back in about 10 minutes, araso?” JaeJoong said.

“Araso, Hyung,” said ChangMin in such a cheerful way.

“Okay, see you in a few,” said JaeJoong.

JaeJoong exited out, breathing the fresh air. He smiled and chuckled of ChangMin’s childish. He headed down the steps and casually headed to the park. He stared into the stars as he arrived, sitting on the swings.

“I wonder…when I’ll see you again,” JaeJoong mumbled to himself. “I need to know if you’re alright, how you’re doing, if you still…remember me. I can’t remember you as well, like your real name. I’m such a pabo, aren’t I? I know, I am.”

JaeJoong jumped off the swing after wishing to see his friend that he hasn’t seen in years. He smiled to himself, just feeling that she’s so close to finding her. Maybe, that she’s just right in front of him. He was about to open the door until he heard a muffle cry. He turned to his right and stood there in shock.

“JiJae~ah, gwenchena?” he asked and ran to her. She didn’t answer as she just cried harder. “JiJae, don’t cry, it’s alright. Please stop crying.”

“I-I-I c-c-c-c-an’t, J-Jae,” JiJae said, still crying. “M-My l-l-life is j-j-just a me-mess. I can’t…l-live anymore.” JaeJoong then looked at her face.

“What happened? Hmm? Why is your cheek red?” She didn’t answer and just cried. “C’mon, please answer me.”

“Sh-she’s right. She’s right…” she muttered.

“Who’s right?” JaeJoong asked. Though, JiJae then just passed out in his arms.

“JiJae? JiJae~ah, wake up,” JaeJoong pleaded. She wouldn’t.

With no choice, he carried her bridal style to the door. He came in, finding everyone staring at him in shock. He ignored the looks and brought her to his room. All of them followed.

“Hyung, what’s JiJae doing here?” YunHo asked.

“Mollayo, but get her bag outside. I just realized it when I was coming inside,” JaeJoong ordered. He nodded and headed out for her bag. JaeJoong lied her on his bed and put a blanket over her. “ChangMin~ah, I need a wet towel, please. YooChun~ah, JunSu~ah, I need some ice.”

“Araso, Hyung,” the three said and did what they did.

“It’s alright, JiJae, araso? It’s alright,” JaeJoong kept saying.