C h a p t e r 19

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 19:

“Are you with Kim JaeJoong?” Dr. Cho asked, JaeJoong’s doctor.

“Neh. How is he?” JiJae asked.

“Right now he’s in a coma. JaeJoong was hit pretty bad. He sprained his left wrist and has cuts and bruises. He injured his head but fortunately for him, there are no damages. We don’t know if he’ll make it though,” Dr. Cho said.

“W-Won’t make it? W-What do you mean?” JiJae asked.

“His condition is right now making it impossible to know if he’ll survive or not. We’re sorry, but we’ll make sure that he survives,” Dr. Choi explained.

“He has to live. Please, I trust you to help him survive,” JiJae said.

“We will. If you want, you may enter.”

“Kamsahamnida.” JiJae bowed and entered his room. She slowly walked by his side and held his hand. She kissed his hand and cried. “Oppa, saranghae.” She buried her face in her arm as tears just flown down her face. After crying for such a long time, she fell asleep.

“JiJae~ah,” YunHo called once he opened the door to JaeJoong’s room. Everyone looked to where JaeJoong was, seeing JiJae asleep and JaeJoong still in a coma.

“This is horrible,” said ChangMin.

“W-Who did this to him?” YooChun asked. They stood there like statues seeing JiJae slowly waking up. She turned and saw the guys standing there.

“Oppas,” she said quietly. The guys frowned seeing her eyes all swollen. YunHo walked up to her and hugged her. “Oppa,” she said and started to cry.

“Shh, JiJae, araso? He’s going to wake up,” YunHo said.

“I hope so. I miss him already,” JiJae said. Everyone else walked up to her and held her shoulder.

“JiJae~ah, are you hungry?” ChangMin asked.

“Not anymore,” JiJae answered. Her stomach growled. All chuckled.

“Not anymore?” asked JunSu.

“I’m too sad to eat,” JiJae answered.

“It’s not good if you don’t eat though. Look, me and JunSu hyung can buy some food for all of us while you, YunHo hyung and YooChun hyung stay with JaeJoong hyung,” ChangMin said.

“Araso. Gomawo, oppa,” JiJae said.

It has been a week since JaeJoong’s been in the coma. Everyday day and night (A/N: haha love that song) she would be with him as she always had hope that he would wake up when she’s there. He never did. For the whole week, Jin never returned to check up on her nor told her what is going to happen. As for Ms. Kang…

“Aish, that boy. He had to ruin everything,” Ms. Kang muttered to herself. The door then slammed open, revealing 3 policemen. “Bwoh? What’s going on?”

“JinAe Kang (A/N: I forgot if she had a first name lols) put your hands up, you are under arrest for murdering and hitting a person with your car purposely,” an officer said with a bull horn. Ms. Kang did what she was told.

“What? H-How did you know about this?” she asked. Soon, Jin walked inside with a smirk.

“Like I said, I’m going against you,” Jin said.

“Why you little…!” Ms. Kang was just about to attack her until another officer held her hands back and cuffed them. “Bwoh? Let go of me this instant!”

“No can do. You are sentenced to be in jail for…I don’t know…50 years (A/N: just a random number of years lols) for murdering and for almost killing a boy purposely with your car,” he said.

“How would you know if it’s actually me, eh? You got no proof,” Ms. Kang said.

“Actually there is and pretty much, thank god JiJae was an only child here. Her appa is so over protective and he was afraid if some freako will ever come in the house so he set up cameras around the whole house. I just realized that a couple of days ago and gosh, he is freaking rich. No wonder you used him because those cameras are everlasting. There is actually still a video of you and me in his office and you shooting him to death while I’m there watching. I got my punishment and I’m forced to do community service for like a whole year. Oh, and that included me hitting JiJae with a car before which caused her to lose her memories before. As for you, you’re just going to jail so have fun behind bars,” said Jin.

“Oh yeah, how about me running over some kid? Where’s your proof!” Ms. Kang yelled.

“They install cameras on roads. Bye,” Jin said and walked to her car.

“Take her away,” the 3rd officer said.

“YunHo~oppa, when will he wake up?” JiJae asked.

“Soon, I promise he will. He better. Plus, you’re wedding is in a week. He wouldn’t want to miss that,” YunHo answered. JiJae hugged him as she silently cried.

“He wouldn’t. He promised that he’ll always be with me,” JiJae said.

Everyone turned around as they saw the door opened. Jin came in and JiJae saw and instantly hugged her.

“I put her behind bars,” Jin said.

“What about you?” JiJae asked.

“I get a whole year of community service. It should be worth it and then I’m going off to Paris to study more about fashion. Plus, I’m really sorry and I don’t deserve your forgiveness,” said Jin.

“Anio, you do. I forgive you and be proud of that,” she said with a small laugh.

“Thank you. Oh and I also brought food. Anyone hungry, excluding ChangMin?” she asked, causing everyone to laugh. Everyone sat down and ate. Jin’s attention turned to JiJae as she sat next to JaeJoong.

“Does she eat?” Jin asked YunHo.

“Neh, but I guess she doesn’t feel like eating yet. I don’t know if she does eat while we’re not around. She seem to lose some weight,” said YunHo. Jin frowned and walked to JiJae with her plate of food.

“Jae, eat. JaeJoong wouldn’t want to wake up and see you starve,” said Jin. JiJae smiled and slowly ate the food that she gave her.

“Gomawo unnie. I think I’ll just eat this much for now,” JiJae said.

“Jae, c’mon. You need to eat. Don’t just starve yourself like this and just eat damn it!”

“How can I! It’s hard enough for me too see JaeJoong like this.”

“But still. Be strong for him! At least do something then to sulk around.”

“But…”

“No buts, please. Eat for JaeJoong?” Jin asked. JiJae just looked at JaeJoong and soon sighed.

“Araso.” Jin nodded and left to where the guys are.

“How’s she taking it?” asked YooChun.

“She’ll eat for him,” said Jin.

Everyone turned to her and frowned. They all pitied her. They just watched her stare at JaeJoong while she held his hand.

“Oppa, I’m sorry if you’re disappointed that I didn’t eat as well. I’ll eat now so that you won’t be mad at me and you’ll soon wake up, araso?” she said. JiJae slowly ate and slowly finished her food. “Oppa, I’m done. Will you wake up soon?” She then saw someone take her plate. She turned and saw ChangMin. “Thanks oppa.”

“No problem. Now let’s go home so that you can change, araso? We can come back right after,” ChangMin suggested.

“Araso. Oppa, I’ll come back,” JiJae said and kissed his forehead.

Soon, they arrived home and Jin came with them. Jin helped JiJae pack her things so that they can go back to the house while JiJae changed into newly fresh clothes. ChangMin went up to her and signaled JiJae that it was time to go back once she’s ready. She immediately hugged him.

“Oppa, please help me. I-I can’t live like this, oppa. I hate myself. This happened because of me.”

“JiJae! Don’t say that!” ChangMin yelled. “This didn’t happen because of you!”

“Yes it was all me! Ms. Kang never wanted me to be with JaeJoong and wanted him to be with Jin. Because that she tried to kill me…JaeJoong is like this,” JiJae said.

“No, it was all Ms. Kang araso? It’s not your fault!”

“Yes it is!”

“JiJae! Listen to ChangMin!” Jin and YooChun yelled.

“You did nothing, dongseng,” Jin said and hugged JiJae. “You did nothing. JaeJoong saved you because he loves you.”

“He should’ve just let me get hit instead of him.”

“Anio, he doesn’t want that,” said Jin.

“How would you know that?” asked JiJae.

“He saved you, didn’t he?”

“Neh, he did.”

“C’mon, Jae. I bet JaeJoong wants you now,” said YooChun said. JiJae smiled and walked in the car and YooChun drove her back to the hospital.

JiJae just stared at the window as YooChun drove them to the hospital. YooChun would take quick glances at her when he had the chance.

“JiJae, don’t beat yourself up, araso?” YooChun said.

“I’ll try not to,” JiJae answered. “Oppa, you wanna know when we do get married next month?”

“When?” he asked.

“The day we first met when I was lost looking for my appa,” JiJae answered. YooChun just stayed silent. “He told me that meeting me was the best day of his life because he saw me and now that we know each other, he wants to be married to me on that day. That was even the day of my umma’s death.” They were at the parking lot already and JiJae was in tears. YooChun took off their seat belt and he soon hugged her. “Oppa, my life is a wreck.”

“Anio, it’s not, JiJae. Please don’t say that,” YooChun said.

“I wish I didn’t say that. This is why I don’t want to fall in love. I end up being hurt,” JiJae said.

“You’re not the only one hurt, araso? All of us are hurt. So don’t think such negative things and think of positive. Want to know what my positive side of the brain is saying?” YooChun asked.

“What is it saying, oppa?” she asked.

“It’s saying to never give up,” said YooChun. “Now let’s go.” JiJae smiled and nodded and followed YooChun in the hospital. They walked in his room and there was YunHo and JunSu, sitting on the chair asleep. JiJae soon walked up to JaeJoong and held his hand. “Remember, JiJae, never give up.” JiJae smiled and looked at YooChun who is now watching TV. She turned back to JaeJoong.

“Oppa, I’m back. I’m going to be strong now. I’m going to listen to YooChun oppa to not give up. I hope you’ll wake up soon, oppa. I’ll be hoping,” said JiJae. She kissed his lips and smiled. “I love you.”

YooChun looked at her and smiled. Her face was on the edge of the bed as she slowly fell asleep. YooChun turned off the TV and walked up to JiJae and kissed her forehead.

“That’s my girl,” he said and woke up JunSu and YunHo so that they can go home and leave JiJae and JaeJoong alone.

It soon the next morning and JiJae was deeply in her sleep. All she dreamt of was her and JaeJoong at their wedding. While she slept, Dr. Cho came in and examined JaeJoong. He took off his oxygen masked and smiled. Dr. Cho walked out. Once the door close, JiJae just slowly woke up and soon felt someone caressing her cheek. She looked up sleepily and once her vision was clear she broke in tears.

“J-JaeJoong oppa,” she said. She was too happy right now that she jumped and hugged him. “Oppa, you’re here. You’re really here and you’re actually awake.” She broke the hug and looked at JaeJoong who was just smiling widely at her. He leaned in and passionately kissed her. Their kissed broke as JaeJoong rested his forehead on hers. “Sometimes is started to think that you were going to leave me.”

“Babe, when did I ever say that I was going to leave you?” JaeJoong said and kissed her again.