C h a p t e r 4

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 4

“Hey, do you hear crying?” ChangMin asked.

“It must be the water running now,” said YooChun.

“That’s true.”

15 minutes passed and JiJae came out of the bathroom, wearing and oversized T-shirt and long shorts. Her hair was still damped and is brushed. She walked to the sofa and sat between ChangMin and YooChun. YunHo came up to her and felt her forehead.

“Hmm, you still have a fever,” said YunHo, “Stay here for awhile, until you get better, araso?”

“Araso, YunHo~ah. Kamsahamnida,” JiJae answered happily.

She then saw a tray with soup and tea in front of her. She looked up and sees JaeJoong placing it there.

“Here’s your soup and tea. Best if you eat it while it’s hot,” JaeJoong said and walked to his room.

“Araso,” JiJae said and took the spoon.

She frowned as she ate the soup that he made. Everyone else looked at her pretty sadly. JunSu placed a hand on her shoulder as she looked up.

“Don’t worry JiJae. JaeJoong hyung will need to get used to girls around now,” said JunSu.

“Oh, wae?” JiJae asked.

“His girlfriend dumped him and he really loved her. He’s still trying to get over it,” JunSu answered.

“I’m sorry for him then.”

“We all are, but hey, he will get over it anyway.”

“So…I guess I’ll head ho---”

“Anio,” YunHo said, “You’ll be staying here until you’re stable.”

“But---”

“No buts JiJae,” said YunHo.

“Hey, you can stay in my room if you like and I’ll stay on the sofa,” YooChun offered.

“A-Anio, if I’m going to stay here then, I rather sleep on the sofa,” JiJae said.

“Are you sure?” they all asked.

“Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Okay, since you’re comfortable with it, it’s alright,” said YooChun.

JiJae looked at YooChun and gave him a warm smile. YooChun smiled and took the spoon to feed her. Minutes passed when she finished and started to drink her tea.

“JiJae, would you like to watch television?” ChangMin asked.

“Anio, it’s fine. I’m just really tired now,” JiJae answered.

“Araso, we’ll leave you alone so you can rest. Good night,” ChangMin said.

“’Night,” the rest said, heading to their rooms.

“’Night.”

It was 3 in the morning when JaeJoong just woke up. He couldn’t sleep as well. He got out and quietly walked to the kitchen for a cup of water. He tripped, and caught the couch. He soon heard someone and he turned to see JiJae sitting up. She looked at JaeJoong tiredly and just went back to sleep. JaeJoong chuckled and tip-toed for water. He sat in a chair next to the sofa and just stared blankly at the wall. He heard a quiet cough, causing him to just watch JiJae, sitting up as she hugged her knees. Her back was facing him and she never noticed him behind her.

“Umma…why did…you leave me?” JiJae asked herself, “I miss you and appa. Step mom and Jin are just…snobs and kicked me out.” She started crying, wiping away her tears. “Life is very hard for me now. I met Jin a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned JaeJoong.”

“Jin came and talked about me?” JaeJoong said out of nowhere, causing JiJae to jump in fright. Slowly, she turned to JaeJoong. “So?”

“You won’t believe me if I explain it,” JiJae said, lying on her side, facing the sofa.

“You should just tell me what she said to you!” JaeJoong whispered angrily and impatiently.

“I don’t think so. It’s best if we just sleep,” said JiJae and closed her eyes.

“I don’t think that’s best. I wanna know what she said.”

“Jin wasn’t the person who you were supposed to date in your blind date,” JiJae said and tried to sleep.

“Then who’s the girl I was supposed to be with?”

There wasn’t a response heard from her. For a few minutes he waited and still nothing. He just gave up and headed to his room to sleep. The door closed and JiJae opened her eyes.

“Me,” she said, “I don’t know why, but my appa has a reason why it’s you. I’ll figure it out.” Soon, without knowing, she drifted off to sleep.

#DREAM#

“Are you alright?” asked a 7 year old boy. The 5 year old girl looked up with tears. She shook her head and turn her head away. “What’s wrong? I’ll help you.”

“I’m lost,” she answered quietly.

“Oh, chincha? Me, too, but I’ll help you first, c’mon,” said the boy and put his hand out so he can help her up.

The girl looked at him smiling and at his hand. She gave a small smile and accepted his hand. He helped her up and she looked at the boy in the eyes.

“Kamsahamnida,” the girl said.

“You’re welcome. Now c’mon, let’s find your parents,” said the boy and held her hand walking around the carnival.

#END OF DREAM#

“Hyung, is she still having a fever?” ChangMin asked once he entered the living room.

“Neh, but she seems a little better than yesterday though,” YunHo answered.

“Okay, that’s good. So…what’s for breakfast?” ChangMin asked.

“Mollayo, maybe JaeJoong Hyung knows,” said YunHo.

“But, he’s still sleeping,” said ChangMin sadly.

“Anio, I’m awake,” they heard JaeJoong say. ChangMin’s expression brightened up.

“Hyung, what’s breakfast?”

“Is bacon and eggs alright?”

“It is for me.”

Everyone laughed. JaeJoong headed to the kitchen and started cooking. ChangMin walked in YooChun’s room so he can wake him up. YooChun tiredly walked to the kitchen, getting a cup of orange juice.

“How’s JiJae?” he asked with a yawn.

“She’s still sleeping and still has a slight fever,” YunHo answered.

“Oh. Well, she’s a little better, right?”

“Yup.”

YunHo looked back at JiJae, just seeing JaeJoong kneeling by her, watching her sleep too. JaeJoong looked at her really carefully. Something about her look just gives him déjà vu. Without hesitating, he gently her hair. His eyes widened. The feeling of her hair just seems too familiar for him. He looked at his hands then back to JiJae.

“You’re…awake?” JaeJoong asked seeing her eyes opened. She tiredly nodded. “Mianhe, here’s your soup.”

“Kamsahamnida,” she thanked still tiredly.

“You’re welcome. Here you go,” JaeJoong said and started to feed her. JiJae ate her soup. She was confused about JaeJoong’s sudden mood. “Why look confused?”

“You’re too nice to me today.”

“Why? You want me to be rude and cold to you?”

“A-Anio, it’s pretty…sudden, that’s all.”

“Oh. Well, I know what you’ve been through ever since you got kicked out. Mianhe,” JaeJoong said to her.

“No need to, JaeJoong,” JiJae said, “Now you know that I am the daughter of the company.”

“Yup, but you know, I can see that there’s more to you than you think there is.”

“Like what?”

“Mollayo, but I will figure it out sooner or later.”