C h a p t e r 5

A Love To Chase After

 

A/N: Yeah, I'm sorry for not updating for a few days. I realized that I would most likely not update when I have school (except Fridays maybe like today ^^) So weekends are mostly my updating times, unless I get bored during my school days haha. Enjoy!

C h a p t e r 5

“Hey, JiJae, you were the girl?” JunSu asked. She nodded and slowly sat up. She then looks up at JaeJoong.

“How would you know I felt like once I got kicked out?” JiJae asked him.

“Because, my appa did that to me too for a week and my umma took me back in. I felt unloved and not needed, that’s why,” JaeJoong answered.

“Oh.” That was all she could say and turned to everyone else. “You alright?”

“Neh,” they all answered.

“Oh, JiJae, I like your bracelet,” ChangMin pointed out. “Where’d you get it?” She looked at her finger and smiled.

“Gomawo. My parents gave it to me when I was 5 years old. They were the best parents in the world,” JiJae answered, feeling as if she needed to cry now. “But you know, I lost them. They both died right in front of my eyes.”

“Hey, don’t cry, araso. You know that they won’t want you to cry, right?” YunHo said.

“I still feel the pain within me though,” said JiJae, trying to wipe out her tears but they just keep coming back. She felt something wiping away her tears.

“Hey, don’t cry, araso?” said JaeJoong, wiping away her tears. She smiled and nodded slowly. “That a girl. Now here, eat.”

JaeJoong continued to feed her. Everyone else started watching, being really shocked but happy. They just shrugged and walked to the table to eat, leaving the two of them alone.

“Wow, just in an instant, I feel that Hyung is different around her,” said ChangMin.

“Yeah, look how sweet he is to her,” said JunSu.

“Yeah I know. I feel sorry for her. Losing her parents, you know,” said YunHo.

“Mine were divorced. It’s horrible,” said YooChun.

“Hey, why does Hyung think that there’s more to her from than we see?” JunSu asked.

“Mollayo,” they said.

“There’s something about them that they both don’t know about,” said YunHo.

“Neh, you might be right.”

“Gomawo, JaeJoong,” JiJae said when she finished eating, “You should be eating now. I’ll put the bowl in the sink.” Before she could get up, JaeJoong stopped her.

“Anio, I’ll do it. You need to rest so you can feel better and energetic, araso?” said JaeJoong.

“Araso. Gomawo.”

“You don’t have to thank me, just rest.”

JiJae nodded and lied back down on the sofa. She stared at the ceiling, just smiling. Behind the quiet and cold JaeJoong that she met is actually sweet and warm in a sudden. JaeJoong joined the rest for breakfast. They all looked at him happily, giving him a confused look.

“What?” JaeJoong asked.

“You’re so nice to her,” said JunSu who’s about to giggle.

“Is that a bad thing?” JaeJoong asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Anio, anio,” YooChun answered.

“You seem nicer to her than any other girl, that’s why,” YunHo added.

“I don’t know. There’s a very good vibe about her,” JaeJoong said with a smile.

“Oh, it’s love,” said JunSu.

“Bwoh? Anio! Never,” JaeJoong said having them all laugh.

They finished their breakfast and JaeJoong cleaned everything up. YunHo went up to JiJae to check if she was alright. He just found her staring at the ceiling, blinking many times.

“Gwenchena?” YunHo asked.

“Neh, just bored,” JiJae answered.

“Oh, mianhe, what would you like to do anyway?” he asked.

“Mollayo. Usually, I just do nothing. I don’t have a lot at my apartment because of money.”

“Oh. If you want anything, just tell me, araso?”

“Araso. Can I watch some television?”

“Here you go.”

“Gomawo,” JiJae thanked and started to flip through the channels.

Meanwhile…

“Argh! Umma! She’s still alive!” Jin screamed.

“Bwoh? That JiJae girl?” her umma asked.

“Neh! She lives here! I thought that peasant died!” screamed Jin again.

“Calm down, araso. She doesn’t know anything about JaeJoong so…”

“I wanted to make her cry so I told her that but it’s not like they’ll meet again.”

“You pabo!”

“Bwoh? Mianhe, I just had to let it out,” said Jin.

“It’s alright, she can’t do anything anyway. Taking away her father must had been one of the best things we did.”

“Neh, you’re right umma.” said Jin with a smirk.

JiJae took a quick tour around the place. She leaned against the wall, facing JaeJoong’s room and sighed. She was really bored and felt as if she was alone. JaeJoong’s door suddenly opened, causing her to jump in shock.

“You should be on the couch and not the floor,” JaeJoong said.

“I was just looking around. I thought you left too,” JiJae said, still sitting down.

“Oh, well, I don’t really feel like going out and I need some rest. I’m pretty tired,” said JaeJoong.

“Oh.”

“If you want, you can come in. I’m just bored too, staring at the ceiling.”

“Chincha?”

“Yea, c’mon,” JaeJoong assured her and allowed her in.


JiJae smiled and followed him inside. JaeJoong kept the door open and JiJae sat on the floor by his bed. JaeJoong sat on his desk chair, surfing through the internet. He turned to her and shook his head at her silliness.

“You can stay on the bed if you wanna,” JaeJoong offered.

“Oh, gomawo,” JiJae thanked and sat on his bed, looking out the window.

“So, feeling any better now?” JaeJoong asked.

“Neh, a lot. I might be able to work tomorrow and go back to my place,” JiJae answered happily, “Thanks for letting me stay.”

“YunHo allowed you but you’re welcome. So…do you live alone?” he asked all of a sudden.

“Neh. You should know. It was in the news and finally I’m not in the publicity and I’m just a…poor girl with a few money and I was just forgotten,” she answered pretty sadly.

“Oh. How did they die?” JiJae’s body stiffened a bit, not liking to explain her past. JaeJoong realizes the hesitation in her. “Mianhe, you don’t have to answer. Did you…have any friends?”

“Oh, neh. He was my bestest friend in the whole entire world, but…i had to move. He said that someday he would chase after our love and he would find me. Pretty cheesy but I don’t care.”

“What was his name?”

“Mollayo, I forgot. I try my best to remember how he looks like ever since the…accident I had,” JiJae answered quietly.

“Accident?!” JaeJoong asked astonished.

“I was…15 and I got hit by a car. I almost died, too. I’m happy that I didn’t. I thank this stranger who gave me his blood.”

JaeJoong just stared at JiJae as she just stared at the window. His eyes were wide opened, still disbelieving her explanation. The hospital, her past of her friend, and her past, and her friend‘s words. ‘Could it be?’ he thought. JiJae turned around, feeling a little worried about him.

“JaeJoong~ah, gwenchena?” JiJae asked.

“Uh…uh, neh. Mianhe, you kinda reminded me of a friend of mine. Just my mind playing tricks on me I guess,” answered JaeJoong.

“Oh, okay. I don’t really like it when that happens. Makes you feel like an idiot once you know the truth.”

“That’s true. So…enjoying your stay here?” he randomly asked.

“Yeah, I love it…so much,” JiJae answered, tears forming in her eyes.

“Wae?” JaeJoong asked curiously.

“I feel like people actually care for me. That doesn’t really happen to me, you know. Sometimes…I wish I can love someone as much as they can love me again.”

“Why sometimes?”

“I’m afraid to lose the people that I love again, Jae,” she muttered since her voice was breaking. JaeJoong felt guilty and walked up to her, giving her a hug for comfort. “I mean, my parents both died right in front of my eyes.”

“Mianhe, JiJae. I wish I can do something about it,” said JaeJoong.

“It’s alright. I’m fine, I’ve been alone for a while. I’m used to it.”

“If you want…move in with us?” he offered, having her stiff a little.

“A-Anio, I shouldn’t, Jae. Thanks for the offer.”

“Oh, araso.”

“I’m going to rest now, so I can recover,” JiJae said.

“Wait, you can stay here. I feel that the bed is more comfortable than the sofa, and you wouldn’t get disturbed by the others if they enter the room,” JaeJoong suggested, “I wouldn’t mind either.”

“Oh, gomawo, Jae,” JiJae said.

“You sure do love calling me Jae, huh?”

“Yeah, I think I’ll call you that for now on if you don’t mind.”

“I like it, go ahead and call me Jae then.”