C h a p t e r 12

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 12:

“JiJae~ah, help those customers, please?” asked Mr. Choi.

“Araso,” said JiJae and walked to a customer. “Please follow me to your table.” The person followed. Soon, she took their order. The person’s food came as she walked away, and continued on her job.

It was finally time for her to go home. She exited out of the restaurant, walking back home, excited to see JaeJoong. Though, she felt as if she was being followed. She turned, seeing a woman very familiar to her. As the woman was in front of her, she realized how it was Jin’s mother.

“What do you want?” she asked.

“You honestly think that you and JaeJoong are going to last?” asked Ms. Kang.

“We are. Why should it matter?!” JiJae yelled.

“Child, this is reality and you need to stay away from the boy.”

“You can’t tell me what to do. I’ll be with him if I want to!”

“Yah! You listen to your umma and better stay away from him! He belongs to your unnie and always had!”

“You can’t tell me what to do! You’re not my umma! She’s not my unnie!”

“Bwoh?! Don’t talk back to me!”

“I can. I’m not part of your family. She doesn’t love him anyway! I do!”

“Your unnie loves him very much!” Ms. Kang yelled.

“No she doesn’t! You know that she doesn’t either. You just want him to be with Jin for the money and fame! You know what? I don’t care about his money and fame. I just love him for him! So you better grow up, Ms. Kang!” JiJae yelled and walked away.

Ms. Kang fumed in anger. She angrily walked up to JiJae and slapped her face. Tears formed in her eyes, but JiJae tried her very best to not have them flow down her face.

“Grow up? You’re telling me to grow up? This is why you’re very disrespectful! This is why Jin is a much better daughter than you!” Ms. Kang yelled.

“She’s not a better daughter! She’s a horrible daughter and you just cherish her just because she’s elegant looking and I’M NOT! SHE LISTENS TO WHATEVER YOU TELL HER BECAUSE YOU PROMISE TO HELP HER REACH HER DREAM! YOU NEVER DID! YOU CAN’T REALLY HANDLE THIS COOPORTATION! IT’S ABOUT TO GO DOWN! YOU DON’T DESERVE TO RUN THE CORPORATION!” she screamed.

“I AM THE OWNER OF IT! YOU CAN’T JUST SCREAM AT ME LIKE THAT! WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS?”

“I do have manners,” JiJae said. “I know how to look elegant or whatever but I am who I am. I bet that I can run the corporation better than you. You’re just ruining everything. Plus…I don’t need a snobby step mom and step sister for help.” Ms. Kang just slapped her again but much harder that her cheek turned into a darker red and with a small cut due to the ring she’s wearing.

“I think you’re the one being snobby by the way you’re talking to me child. Accept the fact that Jin will be with JaeJoong someday,” she said walking away.

JiJae watched her from her back walking away. She did her best, pushing back her tears, hating to cry again. Her hands became fist and she turned walking back home. She opened the door, seeing everyone watching television. JunSu turned and smiled.

“JiJae! You’re home!” JunSu squealed.

“Hey,” she greeted.

JaeJoong’s face dropped as he saw her. He walked up and examined her face.

“JiJi, what happened to your cheek?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae hesitated as she stared at the ground. She didn’t want to lie nor look at JaeJoong in the eyes. “Please, babe. Tell me,” he said.

“Ms. Kang,” she said as a tear fell down her cheek. Quickly, she wiped it off, not wanting to see her cry anymore.

“Ms. Kang?” YooChun questioned. She nodded.

“My snobby, evil step mom. Her horrible daughter Jin. Owner of the Shim Corporation,” JiJae said and allowed tears to fall. JaeJoong immediately embraced her and she hugged back, burying her face in his chest, sobbing quietly.

“Oppa, I miss my umma and appa,” JiJae said as her voice was breaking.

“I know you do. If you want…let’s meet my mother. When I was a kid, I always talked about you and she did want to meet you,” said JaeJoong when he broke the embrace and looked at her in the eyes, wiping away her tears.

“Ch-chincha? She does?” she asked.

“Neh…well, I gotta explain to her that it’s you and not Jin. She really hates Jin too,” JaeJoong said, making JiJae giggle.

“Araso, oppa,” she said and hugged him.

“JiJae~ah, c’mon, I’ll treat your wound,” said YunHo. She nodded and followed him to the bathroom. YunHo took the first Aid kit and added some medicine on her. She slightly winced in pain.

“Gwenchena?” he asked.

“Neh, it just hurts a little,” said JiJae.

“Oh, mianhe,” YunHo said and lightly placed the bandage on her. “There you go.”

“Gomawo, oppa,” she thanked and hugged him. “Thank you for everything.” YunHo hugged back happily.

“Aw, no prob. Now c’mon. We’ve gotta place ice on your cheek now, k?”

“Araso.”

They walked out and everyone was sitting, except JaeJoong who was making some dinner. He smiled once he saw JiJae walking in. She walked by his side as YunHo went to the freezer getting some ice. He placed some in a bag and took a paper towel, handing them to her.

“Thank you oppa.”

“No problem.” YunHo then walked to the couch, joining the others.

“JiJi, wanna help me?” JaeJoong asked.

“Sure. What are you making?” she asked.

“I’m making Doenjang-jjigae,” JaeJoong answered.

“Araso, oppa,” JiJae answered and took some ingredients.

She helped him out making the stew. It was her first time cooking with him and she enjoyed every minute of it. They finally finished and JaeJoong hugged her from behind. He kissed her head as she blushed.

“I love you, you know that right?” JaeJoong said.

“I love you too, oppa,” JiJae said when she turned to him, giving him a peck on the lips and smiled.

“Love birds, is the food ready?” asked YooChun as he suddenly laughed then.

“Neh, it’s ready,” said JiJae.

“Yay!” ChangMin cheered.

As dinner passed, JunSu and ChangMin cleaned up. JiJae walked to the bedroom, staring at the window. JaeJoong popping in from the shower. She turned and turned right back to the window once she saw him just wearing a towel around his waist. Her face felt hot and is flushed. JaeJoong looked at her and lightly laughed.

“JiJi, you can turn around now,” JaeJoong said. Slowly, she turned around.

“Eek,” JiJae yelped and turned away. “Oppa, put on some clothes,” said JiJae, her eyes locked onto on the stars.

“Bwoh? You don’t think I’m hot?” JaeJoong teased.

“Don’t be so full of yourself and just change.”

“Araso, araso.”

After a few minutes, JaeJoong hugged her from behind. JiJae leaned back, her head resting on his chest. She turned to him, just seeing him shirtless. She turned away, but JaeJoong made her turn to him to face him. Though she stared at the closed door.

“Bwoh? You think I’m ugly?” JaeJoong asked with a pout.

“A-Anio, wae?” JiJae asked.

“You’re not looking at me,” JaeJoong said.

“I-I’m not used to you half around me. Please put on a shirt,” she begged.

“Not unless you say that I’m hot when you look at me,” JaeJoong said.

“Uh…How about I don’t?”

“Okay, then I get to be like this.”

“Oh, fine,” she said and stared back at the stars. “Oppa…will your umma like me?”

“Neh, wae?” JaeJoong asked.

“What if she doesn’t?” JiJae asked curiously.

“JiJi, she will. You’re the girl who I love and since I love you I know my umma will too, araso?” JaeJoong answered.

“Araso, oppa.”

It was the next morning. JiJae woke up, finding herself resting on JaeJoong’s chest with her hand on his stomach. JaeJoong’s arm was wrapped around her waist. She smiled and slightly blushed. She went up to his face and gazed at his angelic face.

“You know, if you wanted to kiss me, go ahead,” JaeJoong said out of nowhere, scaring her.

“Oppa, I-I thought you were sleeping,” said JiJae.

“Nah, I faked when I saw that you were about to wake up,” answered JaeJoong as he got off the bed. “Bali, we’re going to meet umma.”

She nodded and got out of bed. She picked her clothes and quickly walked to the bathroom to change. After half and hour, JiJae came out. She found JaeJoong leaning against the wall, next to the front door waiting for her. JiJae smiled and walked up to him.

“Ready, oppa,” she said.

“Araso. Guys, we’re leaving,” JaeJoong said.

“Araso,” they all said once they walked out the door.

JiJae and JaeJoong walked side by side holding hands. JaeJoong had sunglasses and a beanie on. JiJae rested her head on his shoulder as they walked.

“Oppa, why didn’t we just take a car?” JiJae asked.

“It’s a nice day isn’t it?” JaeJoong questioned.

“Neh, it is. Better than being stuck in the house. Besides, it’s good that we didn’t take a car anyway.”

“Wae?”

“Because, I don’t feel trap in a place. I love the fresh air.” JaeJoong chuckled.

“Well, since we’re walking, let’s walk a little faster so then we can make it to the company faster.”

“Hm…race you there,” said JiJae and started running.

“Yah! That’s not fair!” JaeJoong yelled, running after her.

JaeJoong was soon ahead, as JiJae ran for her life to catch up to him. JaeJoong turned and stopped. He turned to JiJae, seeing her a few feet away from him. He laughed, thinking how ridiculous she looks. JiJae stopped in front of him, hands on her knees as she gasped for air.

“Slow down will you?” she asked.

“You started it,” JaeJoong whined.

“You’re faster.”

“So, you admit that I’m fast.”

“Oppa…” she whined having him smile. He held her hand.

“Araso, we’ll walk. We’re almost there,” said JaeJoong and both started walking.

A few minutes passed as they reached the main lobby. They reached the elevator, heading to the 33rd floor, where JaeJoong’s mother work. The elevator opened, showing a really large office. There, in the back was his mother. JaeJoong walked ahead as JiJae slowly followed him. JaeJoong stopped and turned, seeing her several feet away from him. He chuckled and held out his hand to her. She smiled and held his hand and walked to his mother.

“Umma,” JaeJoong called. His mother looked up with a smile and an even bigger smile seeing a girl next to him.

“JaeJoong~ah, what brings you here unexpectedly and who’s the girl?” she asked so curiously.

“Umma, I want you to meet the girl who I love…my childhood friend,” he said.

“My, I thought it was Jin?” she asked.

“Anio, it’s her.” JaeJoong lightly nudged JiJae back to the world.

“Oh, annyeonghasaeyo, Shim JiJae, imnida,” she introduced herself and bowed. Mrs. Kim’s eyes widened in shock.