C h a p t e r 18

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 18:

JaeJoong woke up to the sunlight rays. He looked down and smiled seeing JiJae next to him. He sat up slowly and gently caressed her cheek and lightly played with her hair. He felt her eyes opening and he smiled once she saw him.

“Morning,” JaeJoong said softly.

“Morning, oppa,” JiJae said and went back to sleep. JaeJoong chuckled and slowly got out of bed.

JaeJoong silently stretched and walked in the showers. He walked back in with clothes on and his hair still wet. He smiled seeing JiJae already up.

“So, ready to go back home?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae nodded and hugged him.

“I love you,” JiJae said.

“I love you, too,” said JaeJoong.

“JIJAE!” JunSu squealed and tightly hugged her.

“JunSu~ah,” JiJae said happily and hugged him back.

“YooChun~ah, YunHo~oppa, ChangMin~oppa,” JiJae said as she hugged all of them.

“So, you two are alright?” YunHo asked. JiJae smiled and nodded.

“Neh. The engagement is on again,” JiJae said.

“Oh, when?” asked ChangMin.

“In a month,” JaeJoong said. Everyone looked at him. “I’m not waiting anymore. My patience for this wedding is gone.” Everyone laughed.

“Well, since you two are back let’s go out and eat,” said ChangMin. “My treat.”

“Whoo!” everyone cheered.

“Let me guess…all you can eat buffet?” YooChun asked.

“Yup. Now let’s go,” said ChangMin running to the car. JunSu and YooChun ran after him.

“CHANGMIN! THERE’S NO WAY YOU’RE DRIVING AGAIN!” YooChun and JunSu yelled at him.

“Too late! I just started my car. NOW GET IN!” ChangMin yelled impatiently.

JiJae laughed as YunHo and JaeJoong just chuckled with a little fear in it. JiJae looked at them a little worried.

“Gwenchena?” JiJae asked. Both slowly nodded. “Good, now let’s go. I’m starving.” The two didn’t move so JiJae grabbed their wrist and dragged them to the car. It was ChangMin and JunSu in the front, YooChun and YunHo then in the back is JiJae and JaeJoong. “Oppa, what’s wrong?”

“ChangMin’s driving when he really wants to eat,” JaeJoong answered.

“Is it that scary?” JiJae asked.

“Yes!”

“ChangMin~oppa, can I open the windows?”

“Go ahead,” ChangMin answered.

“JiJi!” JaeJoong whined.

“Bwoh? This must be fun,” JiJae said and opened the window.



“YOU DID WHAT!” Ms. Kang screamed at Jin.

“I helped them! They’re back together! I’m not marrying Kim JaeJoong!” Jin yelled back at her.

“JIN! YOU KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO!”

“No I don’t. I’m not following this business, JiJae is. I know that she wants to do what her appa did. I’m doing what I want to do so don’t add me in your stupid plans anymore,” Jin said and walked out the door. “And there’s more than this.”

“YOU…ARE YOU JUST GOING TO BETRAY YOUR OWN MOTHER!” Ms. Kang screamed.

“I am…for my step sister who I should’ve just sided with a long time ago. And I believed you that you would actually help me for my future but all you did was changed me. You never even loved JiJae’s appa, just his money. You killed him and I just watched. You made me hit JiJae with a car. I wanna get my punishment for this and soon…you will to.” With that, Jin left, leaving Ms. Kang angry as ever.

“ChangMin, you should try out of NASCAR,” JiJae cheered.

“Had fun, eh?” ChangMin asked.

“Neh, now let’s hurry. I bet my appetite can be bigger than ChangMin oppa’s,” said JiJae.

“Haha, at least someone appreciates my driving!” ChangMin yelled and to the food.

Everyone chuckled and followed them. JaeJoong found JiJae where the food was at. He smiled and walked to her. He hugged her from behind, giving her a big surprise.

“Oh, oppa, you scared me there,” JiJae said.

“Mianhe, babe,” JaeJoong said and kissed her cheek.

JiJae lightly blushed as she got her food. ChangMin paid for the food and JunSu RAN to the car. ChangMin chased after him so that JunSu doesn’t get to the driver’s seat. Everyone else walked out and started laughing watching JunSu and ChangMin fight.

“Hyung! It’s my car. Let me drive!” ChangMin whined.

“You look like that you’re going to kill us when you drive!” JunSu yelled.

“I was hungry!” ChangMin said back.

“EVEN AFTER EATING YOU DRIVE FAST!”

“I wanted to sleep!”

“You went over the speed limit!”

“Guys!” JiJae yelled. They stopped fighting and looked at her.

“Let YunHo~oppa drive, araso?” she said.

“But…” they both said but was cut off.

“Just let him.”

“Araso.”

“Good.”

It was been a couple of weeks since they returned. JiJae and JaeJoong has been busy with the wedding and was busy just being together at all times.

“JiJae, let’s go to the park,” JaeJoong suggested.

“Araso. I’ll race you!” JiJae said and ran out the door.

“Hey! You cheated!”

“Anio! Head start!”

They were close to the park and JiJae saw JaeJoong speeding up. She squealed and ran much more faster even though the both of them are running out of breath. Soon, both of them fell once JaeJoong wrapped his arms around her.

“Aah!” JiJae squealed then laughed.

“Gwenchena?” JaeJoong asked as he laughed.

“Neh,” JiJae replied.

“Good.” JaeJoong got off of her and helped JiJae up. JiJae gently pushed him and ran off.

“Try and catch me oppa!” JiJae yelled.

“I will!” JaeJoong yelled back and ran after her.

JiJae turned around to see JaeJoong actually catching up. She cheerfully squealed and stopped running, leaning against the tree. She felt JaeJoong hugging her from behind.

“Gotcha,” JaeJoong whispered in her ear as he tried getting his breath. She giggled and turned to him and kissed him.

“I’m glad that you did, oppa,” JiJae said. JaeJoong smiled and kissed her more. JiJae broke the kiss and hugged him. “Let’s eat, oppa. I’m hungry.

“Where do you wanna eat?” JaeJoong asked.

“Where I work. Free food,” said JiJae.

“Araso! I’ll race you there!” JaeJoong said and ran ahead of her.

“Oh! You cheater!” JiJae yelled and ran after him.

“Anio! Head start!” JaeJoong’s eyes widened seeing JiJae already ahead of him. “Bwoh!”

“You’re a slow poke!” JiJae stopped in the middle of the road catching her breath.

“JIJAE~AH!!!” JaeJoong screamed. JiJae turned in shock, seeing a car. Her legs couldn’t move at all. She just squeezed her eyes shut.

“Ah!” JiJae screamed. She slowly sat up in pain. Her eyes widened in the most horrific scene she ever saw. With the pain she’s feeling she ran to JaeJoong. “OPPA!!! NO, OPPA WAKE UP! JAEJOONG!” JiJae turned, seeing the car just driving away.

“J-JiJi…” JiJae heard JaeJoong said as her attention turned back to him.

“Oppa,” JiJae said.

“Saranghae,” he said and closed his eyes.

“Someone call the ambulance,” a lady said. Someone dialed 9-1-1. About 10 minutes, the paramedics came. The placed JaeJoong in a bed and carried him in the ambulance.

“Wait, let me come, please,” JiJae begged. They nodded and sat beside him as she held his hand. “Oppa, wake up. Please wake up.”

“HE’S WHAT!” YunHo screamed through the phone.

“Oppa, otoke?” JiJae asked. “They’re doing surgery on him and I’m scared.”

“JiJae, just stay there araso? I’ll wait for JunSu and ChangMin to come back from work and YooChun from the music store and we’ll come there. Can you wait?” YunHo asked.

“Neh,” JiJae said.

“Araso. Be strong.”

“A-Araso…” They both hung up and JiJae sat back down as she just cried her eyes out. She felt someone kneel in front of her. JiJae looked up and suddenly hugged the person. “Unnie!”

“I’m sorry, JiJae,” Jin said hugging her back. “Umma did everything.”

“She did?” JiJae asked. She felt her nod.

“She tried to kill you but JaeJoong ruined her plan and she hit him. I-I tried to stop her I swear to god I did. Please don’t think I’m lying,” Jin begged.

“I do believe you. O-Oppa told me that you helped him…you helped us. Gomawo,” JiJae said.

“Anything for my dongseng.” Jin broke the hug and looked at JiJae. “Look, I’ll take care of everything just stay by JaeJoong. That’s all I want you to do. I bet JaeJoong would want you to stay with him and you to be strong.” JiJae nodded. They hugged one last time and Jin left, with a smirk to end Ms. Kang. “Umma…Ms. Kang, I know what I want now and I want you.”