C h a p t e r 9

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 9:

A couple of weeks passed. JiJae has adjusted of living with 5 boys perfectly. When no one’s home and ChangMin’s there she would always cook for him. She would play video games with JunSu. Help YooChun composing a song or team up with him in video games against JunSu. She loves to verse YunHo DDR and try her best to win. Though, usually, she would be with JaeJoong the most. She feels that she can tell him almost anything about everything.

“JiJae, can you make me something to eat?” ChangMin asked.

“Araso, oppa,” JiJae said and headed to the kitchen to cook.

While cooking, the front door opened, seeing JaeJoong. He smiled, seeing JiJae cooking yet frowned, knowing she’s cooking something for ChangMin.

“ChangMin~ah, why can’t you cook your own food?” JaeJoong asked, startling him.

“I can’t cook hyung. Do you want me to burn the kitchen down?” ChangMin asked sarcastically.

“Anio,” JaeJoong softly said in defeat and walked to the kitchen. “Need any help?

“Anio, I’m fine,” JiJae answered and put the food in the bowl and handed it to ChangMin. “This time, I’ll teach you how to cook.”

“Chincha?” ChangMin questioned.

“Chincha.”

“Yes!”

JiJae sat down next to JaeJoong on the couch. JiJae watched ChangMin eat, feeling hungry too.

“Oppa, can I have some?” she asked.

“Sure, JiJae,” ChangMin answered and put a spoonful of porridge in .

“Gomawo.”

“You’re welcome. Anything for my dongseng.”

“D-Dongseng?” she asked.

“Neh,” said ChangMin with a warm smile.

JiJae sat back and JaeJoong put his arm around her shoulders. JiJae looked up at him and smiled. ChangMin looked at the two adorable couple.

“Oppa, what would you do if you find your childhood friend who you loved?” JiJae asked.

“I would want to start over with her,” JaeJoong answered. He paused for a moment and she just watched him, waiting for his answer. “I’m going to confess to her and make sure we live happily ever after.”

“Oppa, that’s really sweet,” JiJae said happily.

“I guess. I really hope she’ll feel the same. How about you, JiJae~ah? Will you do the same for the guy?” he asked so curiously.

“Neh, I will. I do love him and I wanna catch up with him. Know more about him and make sure he’s alright,” JiJae answered.

“Same here.”

“Oh, oppa!” JiJae called excitedly.

“Bwoh?” he asked.

“The boy, my childhood friend, I know…his nickname,” she said.

“Oh, how? Who?”

“This ring he gave us. It’s engraved with our nicknames on how we call each other I guess. I decided to look at it the 3rd day you let me live with you. It’s Joongie,” she said. JaeJoong’s eyes widened. ‘Sounds like…my name…but I think it can be anyone’s anyway.’

“That’s great to know. JiJae~ah, can you make me some porridge too?” JaeJoong asked.

“Anio,” JiJae answered quickly.

“Bwoh? Anio? Wae?” he asked.

“You can cook.”

“But, I wanna try your cooking. ChangMin’s the only one who does try your cooking,” JaeJoong whined.

“I don’t wanna though,” she pouted.

“If you don’t, I’ll tickle you!” JaeJoong warned.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

Out of nowhere, JaeJoong tickled her waist, making her laugh uncontrollably.

“Cook for me?”

“AHAHAHAHA, a-a-a-a-a-anio! Oppa…s-s-stop!” JiJae begged, pushing his hands off her. ChangMin smiled and laughed along at the two. JaeJoong held her wrist and pretend to bite her neck. “Ah!” she squealed.

JaeJoong let go of her. He looked at her left hand and his eyes soon widened in shock. He was speechless. JiJae turned, with a worried expression on her face. ChangMin looked at him seriously too.

“O-Oppa, gwenchena?” JiJae asked. JaeJoong held her hand, looking at the ring.

“W-Where did you get this ring?” JaeJoong asked. ‘The ring. It’s a panda.’ “M-May I see it?” JiJae nodded hesitantly and handed her ring to him. JaeJoong’s eyes widened more and his heart pounded so fast. “JiJi♥Joongie.”

“O-Oppa, what’s wrong?” JiJae asked sounding a little scared.

“J-JiJi?”

“Why are you calling me JiJi? No one has ever called me that except…J-Joongie,” she muttered his name and looked down.

“JiJi?” JiJae didn’t move a muscle and just stared at the ground. With all of her might, she looked at JaeJoong.

“J-Joongie…wait, how would I know if it’s actually you?” she asked.

“Mollayo, but you’re the JiJi I know. This ring is what I gave to JiJi. Are you JiJi?” he asked. “Does one person call you JiJi and his name is Joongie?”

“N-Neh,” answered JiJae with tears flowing down her cheeks. “I only let him call me JiJi. I don’t even let my parents call me JiJi.”

“Then it’s you. It’s you,” JaeJoong said and hugged her tightly as he silently cried.

“Oppa,” JiJae said and hugged him back as she cried.

“I found you. I found you,” JaeJoong silently said. ChangMin is in the verge of tears.

“So, it’s you two huh?” ChangMin asked. They turned to him and smiled. Both nodded. “Aw, that’s cute. Hyung didn’t you say that you feel like that she’s right next you?”

“Neh, I said that to everyone. Feelings are too obvious,” JaeJoong answered, wiping away his tears. JiJae giggled. “And what’s so funny?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well, I’ll leave you two alone and…” ChangMin got cut off.

“JiJi, let’s go to my room,” JaeJoong suggested.

“Okay,” JiJae answered and followed JaeJoong.

“T.T Wow, I feel really forgotten then,” ChangMin whined but went back reading his book and eating his porridge.

JiJae sat on his bed as JaeJoong faced her. They just smiled, not knowing what to say.

“How’d you remember?” JaeJoong asked, “You said you’ve forgotten.”

“I did told you. Not detailed but sometimes there are flashbacks that I get. I have all my memories I guess since I keep staying here,” JiJae answered.

“Okay, well that’s good. I’m glad, JiJi.”

“Thanks Joongie.” There was an awkward silence between them though, not knowing what to say. “I know you’ve forgotten me, oppa.”

“Mianhe, JiJi,” JaeJoong said sadly, “I guess…I was excited for that blind date before and…I was told she was my childhood friend. I…I believed it but then as time passed, Jin didn’t seem as if she was so I stopped believing and continued to love her but…she used me and I just forgotten everything completely.”

“It’s alright, oppa. You’re here now.”

“The accident…who did it?”

“Mollayo, they gave up searching for them,” JiJae answered.

“Wae? They shouldn’t!” JaeJoong yelled.

“Oppa, it’s fine. I don’t care anymore, besides, it’s been years,” JiJae said.

“The hell I know. They don’t stop searching for terrorist or murderers. They keep searching. That’s what they should do from your accident.” Soon, tears fell from JiJae’s eyes, feeling hurt and disappointed, feeling that she’s hurt, hurt him.

“Mianhe, oppa. I hurt you huh?” His eyes widened as he suddenly embraced her.

“Anio, I’m just angry. I care about you too much.”

“Okay, oppa. But, just deal with it, I promise to stay safe this time.”

“And I promise to protect you from any danger then.”

JiJae smiled and just stayed in his embrace, not wanting to let go. She smelt his scent as JaeJoong did the same. They broke it off and just stared at each other lovingly.

“Let’s start over, shall we?” JiJae asked. JaeJoong smiled and nodded, extending his hand to her.

“Hi, I’m Kim JaeJoong, and you are?” JaeJoong asked and JiJae shook his hand with a warm smile.

“I’m Shim JiJae, nice to meet you,” JiJae said then laughed.

“I hope that someday, we’ll be amazing friends.” Again, she laughed.

“Me too. Me too.”