C h a p t e r 6

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 6:

“We’re home!” YunHo called as everyone came in.

“Shhh! JiJae’s sleeping,” JaeJoong shushed them when he came out of his room to warn them.

“Bwoh? Where is she?” YunHo asked.

“In my room.”

“What did you do?”

“Bwoh? I did nothing. I told her that she can in case that she might’ve woken up because of your loud voice like just now,” JaeJoong answered.

“Oh, well, say that first before we might think the wrong way,” YunHo said.

“You’re disgusting,” JaeJoong said back.

“Bwoh?!”

“Yeah, dis-gust-ing!”

Everyone laughed and soon YunHo joined in the joke. Everyone then just did they’re own thing while JiJae was…asleep?

“JiJae, what are you doing up so soon?” JaeJoong asked.

“YunHo talking,” JiJae answered.

“Oh, mianhe, he’s just like that.”

“It’s alright. I guess I’m going to leave now. I’m feeling better.”

“So soon?”

“Mianhe, but I really need to get back to work and stuff. I have to support myself you know.”

“But, you need to rest, JiJae, and are you sure that you’re feeling better?” JaeJoong asked, being so concerned and worried.

“I’m fine, Jae. Really. I’ll leave in a few if you want me to stay if you want, but I’ll leave now if you don’t want me here though,” JiJae said.

“Just stay here until you fully recover. Look, you’re still a little pale,” JaeJoong said and felt her forehead, “And still warm.”

JiJae felt very warm from his touch. She bit her lip, trying not to tremble.

“A-Araso, Jae.”

“Good, now you should get some rest now,” JaeJoong said.

“Araso, oppa,” JiJae said and went straight to sleep.

JaeJoong looked at her while she slept with a wide smile on his face. He hasn’t really smiled that big in a while either. Hearing her calling him oppa made his heart beat so fast and him feeling a little shaky. He loves the feeling of it. She was facing JaeJoong as she slept and JaeJoong gently her hair. He looked at the time, seeing how it’s almost noon. He decided to cook some lunch for everyone so everyone, especially ChangMin, wouldn’t starve.

“Hyung, can you make some kimbap?” ChangMin asked once he saw JaeJoong walking towards the kitchen.

“Araso,” JaeJoong answered and started to cook.

“JaeJoong~ah, is JiJae feeling better?” YunHo asked.

“Neh, she’s still a little warm, but she’s alright. Not fully recovered yet though,” JaeJoong answered.

“Oh, I guess she’ll stay longer till she’s better,” said YunHo.

“She will. I’ll take care of her while you 4 are out,” said JaeJoong.

“Araso. I’m going to sleep, later,” YunHo said and walked to his room.

A couple of days passed. JiJae felt recovered and started to get ready to leave. JaeJoong came in, finding her up. He entered his room and stood in front of her.

“So, you’re leaving huh?” JaeJoong asked.

“Yeah, but I’ll see you someday,” JiJae said happily but with a hint of sadness. Truthfully, she never wanted to leave.

“True, I will. I’ll stop by the restaurant everyday then,” JaeJoong said with an assuring smile.

“Araso, Jae. Gomawo,” she said and walked to the door. Everyone else was out and JaeJoong and JiJae were practically alone.

“Wait, JiJae!” JaeJoong called before she walked out.

“Hmm?”

“Um, take care of yourself, araso? I mean, start bringing a sweater and eat right, and…”

“Oppa, I know how to take care of myself. I know what I’m doing. Gomawo, bye,” said JiJae and walked to her apartment.

JaeJoong watched her the whole time and sighed. He again felt alone. JaeJoong saw her figure disappear and he closed the door, sadly sitting on the couch. For some reason, having JiJae around him keeps him at ease now. Everyone soon came in, seeing the different vibe in JaeJoong.

“Hyung, gwenchena?” asked YooChun. JaeJoong looked up and smiled.

“Oh, yeah. Just tired,” JaeJoong answered.

“Oh, where’s JiJae?” ChangMin asked.

“She just left.”

“Aw, just now?” ChangMin whined.

“Neh, she felt better and wanted to leave.”

“That stinks. It’s fun having her around,” JunSu said.


JiJae headed to her room and walked in the closet. She got her outfit for work and sped back to the restaurant. She came in, seeing Mr. Choi at the counter smiling at her. She smiled back and walked towards him.

“Mianhaeyo, I fell sick so I couldn’t come,” JiJae said to him.

“It’s alright. A young gentleman told me before,” Mr. Choi.

“Oh, kamsahamnida. I’ll work right now,” said JiJae and went in the kitchen.

*DING DONG*

“Hmm, wonder who that is?” ChangMin wondered curiously.

“Well go get the door to know your answer,” said JunSu.

“=p,” ChangMin stuck his tongue at JunSu.

“No food for you then.”

“Okay, JaeJoong Hyung can my food. You never cook for me.” ChangMin opened the door, finding a familiar girl standing there. “What do you want?”

“May I see JaeJoong?”

“HYUNG!” ChangMin called and soon JaeJoong came to him.

“Neh?” he responded.

“It’s Jin.”

JaeJoong nodded and walked to the door. ChangMin and JunSu walked ‘away’ leaving them ‘alone‘.

“So?” he asked coldly.

“Oppa! I’m here!”

“What do you want?” he asked coldly.

“Bwoh? Don’t you miss me?”

“Anio, I never did and never will.”

“Wae?” Jin asked sadly.

“You left me for god sake! Just for America! I’m not a toy you know!” JaeJoong practically screamed at her.

“You’re not Jae!”

“Don’t even call me Jae,” JaeJoong said coldly.

“Oppa, I had to so that my umma doesn’t destroy your life,” said Jin.

“Right…I don’t believe you, Jin. Just leave,” he said and shut the door in front of her face. He turned, seeing everyone stare at him. “Bwoh?” he asked softly.

“Thought you still love her?” ChangMin asked.

“I don’t since I know for a fact that she’s just going to use me for the publicity. She’s just chasing after her fame, I wanna chase after my love,” said JaeJoong.

“Wow, Jae. So, do you think you know who?” YooChun asked.

“My childhood friend.”

“Oh, oh, what’s her name?!” JunSu and ChangMin asked so excitedly. JaeJoong chuckled and sat down on the sofa.

“Mollayo, I forgot, I just know that her nickname is JiJi and just remembered that her surname was Shim. Also, if I did know, I would see a ring on her finger,” JaeJoong answered, “I made her a ring. Well…I engraved it with our name on it and it had a face of a panda because she said that I kinda look like one. I gave it to her before I left to America.”

“Oh, did you two keep in touch?” YunHo asked.

“Anio, we lost contact ever since her mother died. She wrote to me that she was really sick and said that she couldn’t make it after a few days. I felt sorry, so I responded to that letter but never received one back. I’m always thinking that they had moved to another place I guess, but I don’t know,” JaeJoong answered, feeling crushed inside.

“We’re sorry hyung,” said ChangMin.

“Yeah, we are,” YooChun said.

“It’s alright. I just need to know if she’s alright. I mean…when JiJae and I were talking…she made me realized that I never loved Jin.”

F l a s h b a c k

“So, Jin came back?” JaeJoong asked, sitting next to JiJae as she was looking at the window again.

“Neh,” she simply answered.

“Does she still love me?”

“Anio since I just know that she just wants you for fame and mostly for more money.”

“Bwoh?”

“Jae, I lived with her for quite a while and I sure do know her secrets and life. She doesn’t even have a heart,” she said coldly about her, “You’re not even supposed to be with her,” she muttered.

“You say something else there?” JaeJoong asked. JiJae turned to him and slightly smiled.

“Oh, anio, anio,” she lied.

“Oh, okay. So…how was your childhood friend like?”

“I remember how he had black hair. Always has happy brown eyes. He always knew how to cheer me up. We hung out a lot. Like…it’s like a coincidence that we just meet, you know?”

“Chincha? That’s great. Coincidence must be amazing for you I guess,” JaeJoong said.

“It was. I loved that coincidence too,” said JiJae with a chuckle.

“So, do you think you’ll see him again?” JaeJoong asked so curiously.

“I hope. I have a feeing that I will.”

End of Flashback

“Wow, hyung,” said ChangMin.

“Yeah, and you know, since she’s waiting for her childhood friend, I’ll chase after mine because I love her,” JaeJoong said.

“Chincha?” they all questioned.

“Yeah. Maybe…it would be a coincidence if I find her,” said JaeJoong and looked out the window. He can see how Jin is gone so he stood up, heading to the door.

“Hyung, where are you going?” JunSu asked.

“The restaurant to see JiJae,” said JaeJoong.

“Oh, let me come! I’m hungry,” said ChangMin.

“Let’s all go,” suggested YunHo.

“Araso, aja!” JaeJoong said and lead the way out.

“Hyung, you know what?” ChangMin said.

“Bwoh?” JaeJoong responded.

“It seems a coincidence already.”

“How?”

“Both of you are looking for your childhood friends and her nickname is like her name. I mean, JiJae…JiJi.”

“But what if it isn’t though?” JaeJoong asked.

“Who knows then.”

JiJae sighed, happy that she’s almost done in her job for the day. She heard a bell ring so she walked to the next customers.

“Oh, annyeong, JaeJoong, YunHo, JunSu, ChangMin, and YooChun,” JiJae greeted.”

“Hey,” they greeted back.

“So, follow me.”

JiJae led them to their tables. They ordered what they usually ordered, though, JaeJoong took a surprise one. She came back with the food and all happily ate.

“JiJae~ah, eat with us,” JaeJoong offered.

“Anio, anio. I’m fine. Just enjoy yours,” JiJae said and headed back to the kitchen.

“Jae, you seem to like her,” said JunSu.

“Just as my friend, that’s all,” JaeJoong said and continued to eat.

“I liked the ring that she had on,” said ChangMin.

“ChangMin, why would you know that?” YunHo asked.

“She has pretty hands and it was shiny.”

“Gosh, you’re weird,” said JunSu.

“And hungry. I think I’ll want more.”

“You’re paying,” they all said, leaving ChangMin dumbfounded.

Jin walked angrily back to her house. She went up to her umma who was cooking some dinner.

“So?” her umma asked.

“He doesn’t love me anymore,” said Jin, “I knew it.”

“That boy. I thought that he would wait for you.”

“Same. Now our name wouldn’t be heard as much now I bet,” said Jin.

“Don’t worry baby girl. It will. We can have other plans.