C h a p t e r 16

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 16:

A couple of months passed and so far, JiJae and JaeJoong finished planning half of their wedding.

“Does it usually take a while to plan for a wedding?” JaeJoong asked.

“Mollayo, but I like taking our time,” JiJae said.

“Wae? You don’t wanna marry me yet?” JaeJoong asked pouting.

“Anio, it’s just…I hate rushing and I think we‘re going good in the planning,” JiJae answered.

“It’s alright, I understand. I don’t wanna rush this too,” JaeJoong said and hugged her tightly. “You smell so good.”

“Thank you.”

“Hold on. Let me get something from the store araso?” JaeJoong said.

“Araso,” said JiJae watching JaeJoong walking out the door.

He walked passed the park, seeing Jin there. He quickly glanced at her and turned away.

“JaeJoong, I wanna talk to you,” Jin said.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“I have something to say,” Jin answered. JaeJoong walked towards her and faced her.

“What?” JaeJoong asked.

“I heard that you and JiJae are engaged right?” she asked.

“Neh,” JaeJoong answered immediately.

“I wanna say congrats and I wanna give you something,” she said.

“You don’t need to…” Jin grabbed him and forced a kiss on JaeJoong.

“JaeJoong~oppa! You forgot your…” JiJae saw JaeJoong and Jin kissing. Tears started to form in her eyes, feeling hurt and betrayed.

Jin secretly pulled his hand to her waist. JiJae felt betrayed and hurt again. She ran to them, breaking their kiss. JiJae looked at JaeJoong and slapped him and looked him straight in the eyes with tears flowing down her face. JaeJoong looked at her in shock.

“Jae, how could you? I thought you were over Jin! I can’t believe you!” JiJae yelled.

“Oh, I guess JaeJoong didn’t tell you how he was with me huh?” Jin said.

“Bwoh?” JiJae asked, trying to stop her tears.

“That’s why he didn’t want to rush in the wedding so he can live in his single life with me until the wedding starts,” Jin answered wrapping her arms around JaeJoong. JaeJoong broke her embrace and walked up to her. But every time he did, JiJae would just back away.

“Babe,” JaeJoong called to her.

“I can’t believe it Jae. I can’t believe you! I thought you love me! I was wrong!” JiJae screamed and ran away, back to the apartment.

JaeJoong just stood there with tears flowing down his face. Jin left, leaving him alone. A tear fell from her face. ‘I’m such a pabo!’ she yelled in her mind. She turned, watching JaeJoong running to her.

JiJae opened the door, bumping into YunHo.

“JiJae~ah! What happened?” he asked. She didn’t answer as she just hugged him and cried her heart out at his chest. “JiJae.”

“He lied, oppa. I saw him kissing Jin. I can’t stand it. My heart hurts. I can’t stand the pain anymore,” she said. “I CAN’T STAND IT! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!” JiJae screamed, hitting YunHo’s chest. “HE’S SUCH A LIAR!” She stopped and fell on her knees crying. YunHo knelt down to her level and hugged her.

“JiJae~ah, please don’t cry,” YunHo said.

“I-I can’t. I-I th-thought h-he l-l-loved m-me,” she said crying. “I-I l-love h-him, o-op-oppa.”

“I know you do. I’ll talk to him, araso?” YunHo said. He felt her nod and she let go of his embrace.

“I don’t wanna see him now, so tell him that I’m just resting or I don’t care. Tell him anything so I don’t have to be near him, oppa, please,” JiJae said.

“Araso,” YunHo answered.

“Can I stay in your room?” she asked.

“Go ahead.”

“Thank you.”

JaeJoong made it to the porch. He opened the door, seeing only YunHo there.

“Where’s JiJae?” he asked YunHo. He turned to him with no expressions.

“What did you do to her?” YunHo asked him. He stood up, walking to him.

“Sh-She’s here. Where is she?” JaeJoong asked, ignoring his question.

“Why’d she come here crying, JaeJoong?” YunHo asked again, trying to stay calmed.

“It’s all Jin!” JaeJoong yelled.

“You sure?! She came here, seeing you two kiss, and you not letting go! Jae, she kept hitting me in the freaking chest! Yeah, for a girl, she’s strong, but I let her. She loves you! YOU’RE ENGAGED!” YunHo screamed.

“I KNOW! I LOVE HER!” JaeJoong screamed back at him.

“WHY’D YOU KISS JIN?!”

“I DIDN’T! WHY WOULD I KISS ANOTHER GIRL?!”

“Guys! Shut up! JiJae’s sleeping!” JunSu yelled.

“I DIDN’T KISS HER BACK! SHE FORCED…”

“Hyung…” JunSu called, they all turned to him. “That’s why she’s crying? You kissed someone else?”

“I didn’t. I swear,” JaeJoong answered.

“Then…”

“I was just walking to the store to get something. She came up to me and told me something then kissed me!”

Soon, JiJae walked out. JaeJoong saw her once she walked passed him. She ignored him and walked out the door.

“JiJae~ah,” JaeJoong called.

“Leave me alone!” JiJae yelled and shut the door behind her.

JaeJoong just stared at the shut door, able to hear her crying. Tears were forming every time he heard every sob. JiJae was on her knees sobbing.

“Everyone I love leaves me,” JiJae whimpered. JaeJoong heard her, and tears fell. YunHo stared at the ground feeling sorry.

“I won’t leave you, JiJi,” JaeJoong whispered, feeling hopeless.

JiJae stood up and walked to the gardens. She sat down underneath a very large tree, breathing in the fresh and lovely air. More tears spilled as her heart kept breaking. She looked at the engagement ring. She touched it, thinking of taking it off and throw it. Though, she couldn’t. She didn’t have any power to and never wanted to lose it.

“I love him so much,” JiJae said. “But he seems happier with her.”

“Jae?” YunHo called him.

“I’ll just be in my room,” JaeJoong said and walked to his room.

YunHo watched him in pity. He walked to his room, seeing ChangMin there.

“Hyung what happened?” ChangMin asked.

“I feel that the wedding is off,” YunHo said.

“Bwoh? Wae?” ChangMin asked.

“We’ll tell you later, araso?”

“Araso, hyung.”

It was around one in the morning as JiJae just came back. She opened the door, seeing the place quiet. She looked closely at the couch, seeing JaeJoong sleeping soundly. She frowned and quietly walked in his room and started packing.

Next morning when JunSu went to his room to check if JiJae was there.

“Hyung!” he squealed.

“Whoa! What?” JaeJoong asked, awoken by JunSu. Everyone then came in.

“What is it?” ChangMin asked.

“This letter,” JunSu said and gave it to JaeJoong.

Hey guys!

I’m sorry that it’s sudden but…I’m leaving Korea. I was about to not write a letter, but I should. It’s a secret why anyway and I didn’t want you to worry. I need to think things straight and try to move on I guess. Although, I’ll try and come back with a smile and no tears…right? Right! Thanks so much for taking care of me. Bye.

Love,
JiJae

“She’s gone,” YunHo said.

“No she’s not! I’m going after her,” JaeJoong said.

“Jae!” YunHo called out.

“I need to. I love her that much,” JaeJoong said, taking his wallet and keys and drove to the airport.

Just 10 minutes left until the plane is going to leave. JiJae was in the end of the line to give her ticket and entering the plane. She was about to give the ticket until…

“JiJae~ah!” JaeJoong screamed. JiJae turned and cold looked at him.

“Mianhe,” she said and walked to him. “What do you want?”

“Come back to me, please?”

“Come back to you? I don’t think I can oppa. Your heart must be for someone else.”

“It’s not for someone else! It’s for you,” JaeJoong said.

“You’re just lying. Goodbye,” she said and walked off, handing her ticket and walked in the plane. JaeJoong just watched, wiping away his tears.

“Saranghae.”

“Flight 600 to Los Angeles, California is now closed,” the announcer said.

Tears soon stopped as he headed the counter and buy a ticket.

“I need a ticket to Los Angeles, California,” JaeJoong said.

“Well, I don’t know sir. The last flight is in about 2 hours and seats are pretty full,” said the receptionist.

“Please. I need a ticket quick,” JaeJoong said with pleading eyes. The receptionist looked at him in pity and gave him a ticket. JaeJoong smiled brightly. “Kamsahamnida.” He then walked out, going to the apartment to pack his things.

“BWOH?!” everyone asked.

“I’m going to California,” JaeJoong said.

“California? Jae, you’re seriously crazy!” JunSu said.

“I am crazy then! I’m crazy for JiJae and I need her. I love her so much that I will chase after her. I-I just don’t know where she will be in Los Angeles,” JaeJoong said sadly.

He sighed and decided to go out the door, but was encountered by Jin who was about to ring the doorbell.

“Why are you always here?” JaeJoong asked rudely.

“I wanna say sorry. JiJae was right. I am weak! Look, my umma just…doesn’t want to lose her fame. JiJae was right about me! I’m weak but I used to be strong and tell her to follow her dreams and her decisions,” Jin explained. “I never did that because I’m like a freaking follower. You’re really lucky that you have JiJae, Jae!”

“I said not to call me Jae!” JaeJoong yelled.

“Here’s her address to her house in California. She said that if she ever goes there, that’s the house she’s going to stay in for vacation. Good luck finding her,” Jin said and walked away.

“Wait! Why are you helping us? You tried to break us up,” JaeJoong asked very curiously.

“Let’s say…I’m going to help my baby step-sister out like I always did,” Jin said with a smile and walked away. JaeJoong read the address and smiled.

“Guys…I’m going,” JaeJoong said.

“Good luck hyung,” said ChangMin.

“Go and get her back!” YunHo cheered.

“Yeah! You know you need her,” said YooChun.

“After finding her, get the marriage going,” said JunSu. “Then soon, we get to be uncles!”

“JunSu!” everyone yelled at him except JaeJoong who just chuckled.

“Bye,” JaeJoong said and headed back to the airport.

JaeJoong took a cab to the airport. He entered, seeing the same familiar figure again. He walked closer and she turned around.

“Jin, what are you doing here? You seem like a stalker” JaeJoong asked.

“Here’s the key to her house,” Jin said. “Good luck.” She left with a smile and goodbye and walked away. JaeJoong smiled, entering the plane, hoping to have JiJae back in his life. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry that I barely update! I think I updated one chapter last week? I'm sorry...

This week has been full of tests, quizzes, and projects.

I hope everyone has a fun Halloween!!!!!