C h a p t e r 1

A Love To Chase After

C h a p t e r 1:

F l a s h b a c k

“You’re the most irresponsible and disrespectful child ever! What’s wrong with you! You’re even an embarrassment! Why can’t you just behave and be formal and elegant like Jin?! Hm?! You should right now where slacks or a dress and NOT ripped jeans and baggy shirts! SHIM JIJAE!” her umma yelled.

“I don’t like all those stupid classy elegant things, umma! I think there’s no reason for it!” JiJae snapped back.

“Shim JiJae, since you can’t behave you cannot be part of this family anymore!”

“Bwoh?! Why not?! Can’t you just accept me on who I am? I’m your daughter!”

“Daughter or not, go pack your things!”

End of Flashback

“JiJae, two order of espressos, please,” said her customer.

“Araso,” JiJae said, and enter the kitchen to make him espresso.

She then came out, slowly walking to table 5. Gently, she placed down his drink hoping that she wouldn’t trip and spill anything like last time.

“Gomawo,” said the customer.

“Any time. I’m full service so call me if you need anything else,” JiJae said.

“Araso.”

It’s been 3 years since she got kicked out. She became used to her life, but it was still to rough on her. With no choice, she stopped school and works her job too long for money. When she has free time, she’ll go to her father’s, wishing they were here with her.

“JiJae, you can go home now,” said Mr. Choi, her manager.

“Araso…see you tomorrow,” said JiJae and exited out of the café.

Once she walked out, it was very chilly out. She hugged herself warm and headed to her small apartment. As she was halfway there, it started to pour. She covered her head with her hands and ran home. She ran to the bathroom, taking a warm shower.

“Aish, I wish my life can be easier right now,” she said to herself. She changed into her pajamas and the television, watching an interview that her ‘umma’ is in. “That evil bwitch (a/n: and witch together hehe…my friend I say that a lot for JoonPyo’s mom in Boys Before Flowers) and bwitchy unnie became more and more famous ever since I left. Appa, umma, I miss you.”

“Hyung, check it out. Your hottie is on television again,” said JunSu.

“I don’t care about her anymore. She dumped me since she had to go to America,” said JaeJoong.

“Oh yeah. I’ll change the channel then.”

“Thanks. I’ll go make dinner.”

JaeJoong got off from the couch and headed to the kitchen. He started to cook and soon when he finished, YunHo and ChangMin came back from the café.

“Guys still hungry?” JaeJoong asked them.

“I am!” ChangMin answered happily and ran to the table. Everyone laughed.

“ChangMin and food,” said YooChun.

“Yup,” agreed JaeJoong.

“Oh my goodness, we were at the restaurant, our waitress did NOT spill anything on me like last time,” said YunHo when they started eating.

“You can’t blame her. The floors were slippery,” said ChangMin since he was there to witness it.

“She mopped the floors.”

“True, she is clumsy, though she’s nice.”

“Yeah, she gave me her sweater,” YunHo said.

“What a sweetie, but you know what could be underneath that? A person that could just care about something else and not you,” said JaeJoong.

“Hyung, get over it,” said YooChun, “It’s been a year.”

“I loved her so much, but she just cares about the publicity. Just because I may be rich and famous doesn’t mean I could be used. She has the fame already,” JaeJoong said.

“So what if she doesn’t love you? That’s her own fault missing out on someone great,” said ChangMin.

“I just…can’t. I can’t even be kinder to other girls, you know? They end up being scared of me.”

“Ugh! I hate my family!” JiJae yelled when she started to walk to her bedroom. “Just leaving me like this. If my appa were here, then…he would’ve defended me and…I wouldn’t be in this situation. Who did that to him and why?”

JiJae took her family album, looking at pictures of her appa and umma. She smiled and had tears flowing down her face. She lied on her bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking of her past when she still had her umma and appa with her. She smiled more thinking back when she rode a bike with two wheels.

F l a s h b a c k

“Umma! Look what appa taught me to do!” 4 year old JiJae cheered as she rode on a two wheel bike.

“Aw, JiJi you finally did it!” her umma squealed and ran to her for a hug.

“I know. Me and appa can make a great team in sports and you and me in cooking if I ever do, right?” JiJae asked.

“Right.”

End of Flashback