It's a Date!

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time now read 12:30 PM in the afternoon and Taeyeon and Wooyoung were finally on their way to the front desk of the Police Department.  Talking to one another animatedly about the most random things best friends talk about, they didn't notice a third figure lingering around the back corner watching their every move.  He eyed them and braced himself before he decided to make his way towards them carefully.

On the count of three, Jaejoong jumped in front of Taeyeon and Wooyoung startling the both of them.  He smiled widely at Taeyeon completely ignoring a very annoyed Wooyoung who was standing right next to her.  He held out a cup of hot coffee towards her and asked, "Hey Taeyeon.  Why so late?"  He fidgeted a bit as she eyed the cup he placed in front of her curiously.  He cleared his throat and urged her to take the cup.  "Here, I bought you a cup of coffee this morning.  It might be lukewarm right now since I bought it this morning thinking you were going to be here."  He rubbed the back of his neck mentally cursing himself for acting like a lovesick nerd who was confessing for the first time.

Taeyeon was going to politely decline but held back as she noticed the sincerity and the determined look in his eyes.  She smiled kindly at him and decided that she had to at least accept his kindness.  As she was about to grab the drink from Jaejoong, Wooyoung suddenly reached over and said, "Thanks Jaejoong for this nice semi-hot cup of coffee.  But if you haven't noticed, I already got coffee for her already.  But thanks, I will drink this on her behalf."  He took a sip of the coffee and eyed it, "Oh and it's the good stuff too."  He looked at Taeyeon and stuck a tongue out at her, "Ha, mine is better."  Taeyeon rolled her eyes at him and attempted to take it away from him but Wooyoung was quicker at moving it away from her reach and ran away towards his office.

Taeyeon giggled and shook her head at her childish best friend while watching him run away from them like a little girl.  She smiled apologetically at Jaejoong and patted his shoulder comfortingly before she followed right after Wooyoung towards her own desk.  Jaejoong was left speechless.  He clenched his fists and closed his eyes in frustration.  "Darn that Wooyoung.  He just had to come and meddle whenever I try to get close to her."  He turned around and saw the two of them fool around not minding his gloomy appearance.  He groaned in annoyance and walked back to his desk slumping into the chair and closing his eyes tightly thinking about his failure.

He couldn't lose something he barely started.  He had to do something, maybe asking her out for dinner would help, especially if he could get her alone.  He sat straight and snapped his fingers at his bright idea.  Not wanting to waste any more time, he jumped off of his chair and walked in a fast-pace manner towards Taeyeon's desk.  He groaned inwardly when he saw Wooyoung ruffling Taeyeon's hair in a friendly manner.  But, he couldn't let that bother him now that he is more determined to try and win her heart.  He cleared his throat and finally caught the two best friend's attention.  Taeyeon noticed him first and tried hard to fix her disheveled hair.  She cleared and asked, "Hey Jaejoong.  Sorry about what you just saw.  Wooyoung was just being a little punk since I tried to get back my drink that you bought me."  Hearing that, Jaejoong smiled widely at her and shook his head in response.  "Don't worry about it.  Hey, what about I take you out for a late dinner since you couldn't drink the coffee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter