A change in heart?

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dinner went on exceptionally well for the couple, at least for one of the couple of the night.  Jaejoong was slowly getting to know Taeyeon better and Taeyeon was allowing him to slowly break down her barriers.  The only person who was not enjoying his night to the fullest was Wooyoung.  He couldn't completely ignore the fact that his best friend was slowly falling into Jaejoong's playboy ways.  Every single giggle or blushing moments he caught from Taeyeon made him gag in reflex.  Tiffany couldn't help herself but laugh at her immature boyfriend.  She didn't quite know why his actions weren't bothering her or making  her turn into a jealous girlfriend, but she just figured it was due to his first time witnessing this girly side of Taeyeon.  She herself was shocked to find her best friend open up so easily to a guy that was not Wooyoung.

With much fighting and begging at the end of the night, Tiffany has finally managed to convince Wooyoung to leave Jaejoong and Taeyeon alone so that they could get more acquainted with each other, as well as for them to spend some time for themselves.  Wooyoung reluctantly agreed after hearing her pleads and seeing her beautiful pouting face.  He couldn't resist the pout and she knew that all too well, which lead her to do it in the first place.  She smiled victoriously as she waved goodbye to her best friend and soon to be first boyfriend to her best friend.  She showed her amazing eye-smile towards the two and said, "have a good night you two and make sure you guys don't stay up too late, if you know what I mean."  She winked directly at Taeyeon and escaped before Taeyeon could kill her for her embarrassing her and throwing things in Jaejoong's mind. 

Taeyeon bit her lips and covered her face with her palms apologizing profusely to Jaejoong for her embarrassing friends.  He chuckled at her and grabbed her hand to remove it away from her blushing red face.  He brushed her bangs away from her eyes and leaned towards her ears and said, "no need to be embarrassed about anything."  He grabbed her hand, stood up and helped her up to her feet.  He looked at her and said, "come on let's get you home huh before your friends kill me or think something naughty of us."  He winked at her and lead her out towards his car.  He opened the passenger door for her and lead her inside her seat before he ran towards the driver's side and settling inside.  He turned his face towards her and asked, "ready?"  She turned her head towards him and nodded her head after fastening her seatbelt around herself.

Jaejoong pulled out of the parking space and made his way out into the busy streets.  It was extremely quiet in the car, for Taeyeon didn't know what to say to remove the awkwardness from before.  She didn't even look at him once and remained looking outside like it was the most fascinating thing to her.  Jaejoong knew she was uncomfortable and couldn't help but to look at her from time to time while trying hard to concentrate on the road ahead.  It was the most excruciating painful ride for her.  It seems like time has slowed down tremendously just to torture her.  She sighed multiple times and slumped into her seat thinking hard about how to start a conversation.  She opened a couple of times to try and say something but no words came out.  She bit her upper lip and fiddled with her fingers that were on top of her lap thinking hard about what could possibly help her loosen up.

Just as she was about to finally say something, Jaejoong stepped on the brakes of his car and turned off his car engine as they pulled up to Taeyeon's driveway.  She looked around and sighed in defeat at her failure in starting a conversation before reaching her home.  Not waiting for Jaejoong, or allow things to be more awkward for the pair, she quickly unfastened her seatbelt and quickly got out of his car.  She slammed the door of his car and started to walk towards her house when Jaejoong suddenly got out of his car yelling for her to stop.  She stopped in mid-step and turned around to face him.  She watched as he slammed his car door shut and ran towards her.  He nervously placed his hands in his front pockets and rocked backwards and forwards trying hard to say something that will make her stay a little while longer with him.

Jaejoong removed his left hand from his pocket and rubbed the back of his neck looking up at the night sky.  He sighed heavily and took in a deep breath.  He looked down at her and asked, "would you by chance like to take a walk with me?"  She looked at him startled at his sudden question.  She stared blankly at him for awhile not answering him.  He chuckled and bit onto his bottom lips while running his left hand through his gorgeously messy hair.  He looked into her eyes pleadingly while grabbing her hand gently and asking once more, "would you like to take a walk with me around your neighborhood?  I promise we won't stay out long if that's what you are worried about."  She smiled at his cuteness and shook her head squeezing his hand gently.  "I would love to take a walk with you.  And besides, the night is still young.  Why not walk off all of the calories we just consumed."  He smiled widely at her and tightened his hold on her hand thanking the Heavens for her loosening up a bit from her tense stature from before.

They walked away from her house and enjoyed the night breeze that blew around them.  The night sky was twinkling brightly with millions of tiny stars lighting up their night.  It was the first time that Taeyeon felt very shy around a male companion.  Maybe it was the talk she had with Tiffany earlier or maybe it was just the way Jaejoong was handling the night with her.  She has never been complimented so many times before and it just made her feel very pretty and light.  She enjoyed his company and she couldn't lie at the fact that she was very attracted to him.  She hoped that everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter