It Girl

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“KIM,” Taeyeon cringed as she heard her name being yelled out from the center of the Station.  That strong booming voice could only belong to one man, “The General”.  The only man who would be brave and daring enough to yell out her name across the room just to try and get her attention.  If it were any other man in the Station, they would only come towards her office while timidly knocking on her door.  “Kim?”  Are you in your office?  Why aren’t you answering me?”  She groaned inwardly knowing that another case was going to be thrown at her, which meant she had to face the pain all over again.  She cringed as she eyed her heels that were previously thrown across her office. 

“KIM!” She heard him yell again.  She heard his strong footsteps against the wood as he neared her office.  “Looks like there’s no escape now Taeyeon,” she said to no one in particular.  “KIM!”  She growled loudly and quickly stood up forgetting all about the pain she once felt.  But once her feet touched the carpeted floor, unbearable pain shot right through her.  It felt as if she was standing on pins and needles.  Like she was being cooked on a hot skillet.  She sighed and took slow strides towards the heels.  She took in a deep breath and squatted down right in front of her heels hesitating for a moment.  It was times like this when she wished she brought extra shoes with her.

She eyed the heels and bit her inner-lips.  She reached for them and squinted her eyes in pain as she slipped one heel on at a time clutching onto the wall for support.  One deep breath in and one deep breath out.  She’s got this.  She’s Kim Taeyeon for goodness sakes.  The tough cookie everyone knows never to cross.  She her lips and threw her fist in the air encouraging herself to go on.  “Kim, you can do this.  Let’s get on it and get back into the action.”

She grabbed hold of her door handle and twisted it yanking the door open revealing her Commanding Officer in front of her with his fist in the air ready to knock on her door.  She looked up at him and he cleared out his throat saying, “Oh there you are.”  Not hearing an answer from her, he continued on and said, “You can take the rest of the late afternoon off until this evening.  You are going to cover Ganyoung Street tonight and get the guys who we were tracking earlier.  We received a tip stating that they should be there tonight with the brand new hookers they rounded.  By the looks of it, they are almost all underage.  Kidnapping and Trafficking from Jeonjeo.”  She eyed him suspiciously and waited for him to continue wanting to know why he was so adamant about getting her attention. 

He bit his lips and took a few steps back giving them a good distance in between.  Even if he himself was a feared man, he knew well enough what kind of a temper Taeyeon had.  Especially if it had to deal with a sort of degrading undercover job he had lined up for her.  Any women who has to stoop to their level just to grab criminals would probably blow up in anger.  But being the professional that Taeyeon was, she would be thrilled and ready for this job.  Or at least, The General would hope so.  He eyed her carefully and said, “Well, with your credentials and um, with the way you dressed and presented yourself today, we kind of, um thought that…”  She cut him off and said, “You thought what, Sir?”  

He stepped two more steps back creating even more distance between the two and stood up tall raising his head high and held his chest out giving him more of that superior look.  He looked at her sternly and said, “Well, as I was saying, we are going to go undercover using you as one of our undercover agents.”  She stepped two steps closer to him making him gulp the lump that was stuck in his throat causing a cough to escape from behind his lips.  “And what kind of work will I be doing?”  He stepped another 2 steps back and finally said, “You will be going undercover tonight.  Not only did we get inside scoop on this case, but you will be used as one of the new hookers that they just recently recruited.”  She glared at him and was about to scream but was stopped when he continued saying, “But don’t worry.  We will have a special team set up specifically for this case and you will be completely safe.”

She groaned out loudly and rolled her eyes at her Superior.  “Do I even have a choice in this matter?” She asked.  He shook his head and answered, “Nope.”  She still looked at him in disbelief and he sighed and walked closer to her.  “Look, Department Head knew that you would be the only person that will be able to handle situations such as these.  You are our best girl and you know you know that’s true.  And we all know how you love going undercover.”  She thought about what he said and considered how dull her office work has been and how much she thrives when doing undercover work.  Also, if it meant that she was and will be able to work without having to see either Jaejoong or Wooyoung then all should be fine.

She stood still, looked at him and couldn’t help but to finally agree.  “Fine.  Just because you asked so nicely I guess I can be a part of the undercover team.”  He smiled at her and walked towards her.  He patted her on the back and said, “I knew you were going to do it.  You are the best of the best and would do our Department Justice.”  He turned to look at her and then said, “You are free to go for the time being.  But remember to come back this evening.  We will have your wardrobe ready for you.  We’ve sent you an email on the details that will brief you on exactly what we are dealing with.  Come dressed comfortably at around 6:00, we will have a meeting to iron out all of the details.  Not to mention, you will also find out who your partners are.  So come prepared and well-versed.”

Taeyeon saluted him and gave him a lopsided smile and watched him retreat back into his office.  She turned around and was happy for two r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter