The Way You Look At Me

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon heaved out a deep sigh of relief as she finally managed to safely pull her car into the parking lot of her workplace.  Much to her relief, luck was clearly on her side as she was able to find a vacant parking space close enough to the front door making the trip to her office a little less torturous.  After securing her car in its spot, she turned the engine off and remained seated not ready to face or hear what her peers would say about her new look.  She placed both of her clenched fists over her heart as she felt it beat strongly against her ribcage ready to plummet to its death due to her nerves.  She counted to ten but nothing really helped calm her down.  Her palms were sweaty and she could only be thankful that she remembered to put on her deodorant earlier that morning.  She looked at herself in the rearview mirror and not even within a second, she already closed her eyes shut.  She shook her head and harshly slammed her face on her steering wheel making her groan in pain.  This was all just too weird for her to digest.  Who knew looking pretty or different would be so awkward and so mentally hard for someone to get used to.

She cleared and grabbed hold of her rearview mirror making it face her once again.  She tilted her head up and looked at her reflection.  She straightened her posture and studied herself taking note of how there was now a visible red mark on her forehead.  She reached up and touched her forehead with her left hand only regretting it as soon as she felt it begin to swell and sting.  Was she that nervous to know her peers’ reaction and what they thought of her new look?  She shook her head and heaved out a deep breath.  How could she be this scared?  She’s still the same tough cookie from before but with heels on instead of a pair of old worn-out converse. 

With more determination emanating from her eyes, she looked at herself and said, “OK, Taeyeon.  It’s now or never.  You’re still the same you but just in nicer clothes and new shoes and maybe have a little more color to the face.  But still, you are the same old Taeyeon that takes crap from no one.”  She closed her eyes and opened them quickly making sure to stare directly into her own eyes.  She nodded at herself threw a fist in the air and yelled out, “HWAITING!  You got this Taeyeon.  You Can Do It!” 

She fixed her rearview mirror back to its original place and bit the side of lips before she prepared herself to get out of the car.  After giving herself her own little prep talk, she clumsily unlatched her seatbelt and carefully got out of the car making sure to get out as gracefully as she possibly could.  But, just as one foot landed on the ground, her other foot accidently bumped into the corner of her front car making her stumble.  But lucky for her and her athleticism, she managed to catch herself before falling face first to the hard cemented ground beneath and becoming the laughing stock of the entire planet. 

She cursed at herself and her damn nerves once she gathered herself together.  She looked to her left and right and heaved out a sigh of relief when she saw that no one was around her and witnessed her almost great fall to the ground.  If anyone were to see it, they would never let her live a day in peace until she made them sorry for ever having the guts to .  She straightened her posture, fixed her outfit in place and stretched her arms out cracking her neck in the process.  She jumped up and down but quickly regretted it as she stumbled a bit due to her high heels.  She rolled her eyes at her forgetfulness and for deciding to wear them killer heels instead of her comfortable converse shoes.

She blew a deep breath out and blew the strand of hair out of her face before she ran her fingers through her dark brown semi-curled hair.  How could she ever convince herself to ever wear such high non work friendly heels to work?  Or ever?  She didn’t understand her own logic anymore.  Heck, she’d even make sure to discard it by the end of the day just to ensure that she wouldn’t put herself in that kind of torture in the future.  Anyone saying that the pain was worth the beauty must have mush as their brains, because no pain was worth any complement anyone could ever give.  But, there’s always a but to everything. 

The mere thought of getting a compliment from Jaejoong was maybe just worth the pain and effort, but her heart truly was not at all appeased with just Jaejoong.  It really wasn’t Jaejoong that she was truly waiting on.  The only guy her heart truly throbbed for was the one she was really waiting for.  But she couldn’t put too much hope on that if she wished to move on from him and her childish first love.  She can’t dwell on the past for too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter