Game On

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung and Taeyeon walked to the basketball court of the neighborhood park and high-fived each other for finding it to be completely empty.  They hollered loudly and jogged over to the benches to place their bags down on top.  They ped their light jackets and threw it on the bench to get more comfortable.  Wooyoung, feeling more determined than ever to beat his best friend in this game, he decided he had to be serious and focused.  He bent down and touched his toes stretching out his stiff muscles.  Taeyeon stared at him and rose one eyebrow while shaking her head at him in disbelief.  But being the competitive-type person she was, she got down to business and mimicked his every action.  Every twist and turn Wooyoung made, Taeyeon copied his exact form with a smirk plastered on her face eyeing  him down.  He rolled his eyes at her and grabbed the ball from his bag and threw it at her.  With her quick reflexes, she fortunately caught the ball and started to dribble her way towards the hoop and did a quick layup giving herself some bragging rights.  She grabbed the ball that fell towards her left and started to dribble it again with a sly grin plastered on her pretty face.

Taeyeon stopped dribbling the ball and placed it on top of her fingers and spun it smirking at Wooyoung.  "Looks like I still have it doesn't it Youngie?" she asked watching the ball spin perfectly on her non-manicured middle finger.  She then stopped it from spinning and started to play with her dribbling again.  She shifted the ball from one hand to the other gracefully and in between her semi-bent legs.  Wooyoung, not wanting to be outshined in his sport smirked right back at her and started jogging towards her ready to steal the ball from away.  But Taeyeon was too quick for him, for she faked him on his right and turned to her left and shot another layup into the hoop.  She ran in circles around him and placed her hands over and screamed, "and there goes another clean shot right into the basket.  Whoo-hoo."  Wooyoung nodded his head agreeing that she's still got game but he quickly grabbed the ball and stood at the three-point line and shot a clean 3 pointer right into the basket.  He threw his hands up and mimicked Taeyeon.  "He shoots, he scores and the crowd goes wild...AHHH."  Taeyeon chuckled at his dorkiness and went to grab the ball that was left alone by the sidelines.  She picked it up, dribbled it a bit and then threw it at Wooyoung saying, "think fast."  He quickly looked at her direction and caught the ball just as it came towards him.  He looked at her, smirked and then without looking away from her, threw it straight into the hoop and made a perfect swish.  "Oh yeah, still got." he exclaimed cockily.

Taeyeon started walking back to Wooyoung but stopped as she stepped on one of her loose shoelace.  She bent down and started to re-do her shoe lace giving Wooyoung the opportunity to try and probe into her new love life.  He walked quietly towards her with his hands inside his pockets.  He stopped directly right in front of her causing her to look up while she finished tying her shoe-lace.  She stared at him questioningly and asked, "what?  Are you going to help me tie my shoes?"  He shook his head and looked at her while he pursed his lips thinking about the right words to say.  She patted her shoes and got up to only place her arms across her upper abdomen staring him down waiting for him to say something.

Taeyeon was tired of just looking at him and sighed before taking a step to walk past him.  But Wooyoung quickly grabbed her hand and stopped her from walking past him.  She looked at him furrowing her eyebrows.  "What are you doing Wooyoung?" she asked.  He turned to look at her and became serious.  He inhaled deeply before asking, "so are you guys like going out now?"  Taeyeon tilted her head to the side trying to understand his question.  He rolled his eyes and flicked her forehead with his fingers and asked once again, "are you guys like an item now?  You know that boyfriend and girlfriend thingy?  What did you think of your first date?"  Taeyeon glared at him and decided to act ignorant to his questions and replied, "what do you mean boyfriend girlfriend thingy?  What about the first date?" 

Wooyoung raised his fist at an attempt to hit her head but bit his lips and let go of  her hand.  He turned to face her and said, "Yah, so do you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter