Time

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon looked straight into Wooyoung's eyes and waited patiently for his response.  One minute passed, and then 2 minutes passed and there was still no response coming out of him.  Why was he being so quiet?  This was nothing like him.  He always spoke his mind no matter what the situation, but this silent treatment she got was something she wasn't used to.  She took a small step forward and looked pleadingly into his eyes urging him, reassuring him and hoping for him to say something to her.  But all was in vain.  He remained tightlipped.  The more he remained quiet, the more agitated, upset and nervous she got.  She couldn't hold it in or keep quiet anymore.  The silence was slowly killing her, making her want to kill him in return.  She sighed heavily and decided to look away from him hoping for him to see her desperation and finally respond. 

With clenched fists, she bit her lips  and tried to calm her emotions down before saying anything more that could easily worsen this silent treatment she received.  But too many things were running through her mind that was making her go crazy.  Not only was it making her go crazy, but it was just confusing her even more.  In one corner there she had Wooyoung with his speechlessness and then on the other corner there was Jaejoong and his intense "pity me" look.  What should she do in this situation?  Should she have just said that they were going to remain as friends and nothing more?  But would that really benefit her in the long run?  No.  She has to remain strong and not back down from what she has said.  She cannot take her words back if she ever wanted to get over him and finally move on.

With renewed courage, she looked up at him with determination and decided to stand firm in her decision.  But one look at the hurt and confused expression on Wooyoung's face knocked her newfound courage down; causing her to be uneasy about wanting to accept Jaejoong and for Wooyoung to find out about it in this weird twisted way that she herself didn't even know was happening until now.  She her dry lips and blew out a deep breath out through .  She unclenched her fist and hesitantly grabbed onto Wooyoung's hand making him look at her.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" she asked while slightly squeezing his hand hoping to wake him up from his stupor.  She chuckled bitterly and said in a small voice, "are you mad at me?  Can you not be happy for me and for my decision?"  She scrunched up her nose, sniffling as quietly as possible and smiled bitterly at her best friend waiting patiently for him.  When he still didn't respond to her, she was going to yell at him but stopped when she finally saw him shake his head.  Although it wasn't what she had hoped for as a response, it slightly relieved her a bit that he at least responded.  But she was still upset.  She wasn't satisfied with just that small movement and deep down she knew it wasn't satisfying enough for him as well.  He was hiding so much behind that thick head of his.

She was more confused now than before.  Just the mere shaking of his head gave her some hope that maybe, just maybe he didn't want them to date.  That maybe he would rather have her be by his side instead.  But just thinking about it was foolish.  It was just her hopeful heart messing with her brain and emotions.  Who was she to kid?  He was with a beautiful kind woman and who was she to him?  She was just the best friend.  The person he grew up with.  A sister.  But still, she waited patiently and quietly for him.  For his verbal response. 

Wooyoung was at a loss for words.  It felt as though time has slowed down and everything she said was slowly being dissected and processed in his mind trying to make it easier for him to grasp.  How should he feel?  How should he respond to her statement?  Was he mentally ready for her to be in a relationship?  Or was he hoping for her to say otherwise?  He  looked down at her and stared into her eyes trying hard to find any trace of lie in her statement, but found none.  She was actually being serious about starting a relationship with Jaejoong, the well-known playboy.  He couldn't allow it.  He needed to find a better man for her.  But, wasn't he a little too excited that he had asked her out before?  What changed now?

There was just too much to think about and he just couldn't do it right now with his messed up emotions.  Not now when his best friend was holding tightly onto his hand with her tiny ones.  Not when the man who asked her out was being defended by her.  He placed his hand over his eyes and shook his head again not knowing what to say.  He looked away from her and smiled bitterly before decided to turn his back on her.  Walking away from this was the best thing he could think of doing.  He didn't want to say the wrong things.    

"Wooyoung, why are you turning your back on me?  Why aren't you saying anything?" she yelled at him tightening her hold on his hand preventing him from furthering his steps.  But instead of him turning around to face her and taking her into his strong arms the moment he heard her voice, he did the exact opposite.  He completely ignored h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter