Team Mates!

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon jammed her keys in the ignition, started her car and shifted her gear in reverse mode.  She carefully looked back and stepped on her gas pedal reversing out of her drive way, not forgetting to put on her sirens to cut through traffic a lot easier.  She sped down the neighborhood streets and finally got into the side streets making her way to the office.  She was zooming in and out of traffic while frantically looking at her wrist watch feeling more anxious as time passes.  Sweat was beginning to form on her creased forehead and she knew she had to calm down, or else she’d end up causing an accident before even getting the full details on the case.  She looked from left to right and carefully maneuvered her car in and out and in between cars while she cautiously dialed The General’s number hoping to get at least some sort of new information on the lead. 

Hearing him pick up, she said, “Sir, I’m on my way.  Give me the details now so I can be mentally prepared before I go in.  I’ll be there within ten minutes.”  She gripped her steering wheel and waited for him to reply but she heard no response.  “Sir?”  Still no answer.  She briefly took her eyes off of the road and looked down at her phone.  She saw that the call was definitely connected, but why on earth was is he not answering?  She groaned in annoyance and quickly ended the call not wanting to wait for his response over the phone when she’d rather have it in her hands.  Completely forgetting about driving safely, she yelled out, “People get out of my way.  Precious time is being wasted on you slow drivers.”  She pressed on her horn and honked at the slow cars in front of her and gunned her way through the lanes.  Within less than ten minutes she finally made it safely to the Police Station.

Not even caring to park her car legally, she abruptly stepped on her brakes that made her car stop directly in front of the office.  Once she turned the ignition off, she jumped out of her car and ran towards the door.  She quickly yanked it open, causing a gust of wind to blow into the Police Station and ran down the hallway towards The General’s Office.  She was breathing hard through her nose as she ran past her coworkers, not minding that she was bumping into some of them knocking them off their course of walking.

She was within an earshot of the office when she heard the General yell out her name from behind.  “KIM!  This way.”  She glanced back and saw him standing by the door to her office holding a dark brown folder in his hands.  She turned around and ran towards him reaching out towards the documents.

“Here take this and read it thoroughly.  Wouldn’t want you to miss anything as we rush to get to this mission.  No mistakes.  We have about an hour before mission starts.  Do you understand?”  He looked at her sternly as he asked her and received a nod in return.  “Make sure you get your secret contraptions and materials with you.  Also, make sure you are armed but conceal it in a way where they won’t see or feel anything suspicious.  Got it?”  Too engrossed in the mission ahead of her, she merely nodded her head in response earning herself a glare.  He heaved a deep sigh knowing that that will be the only answer he will receive and motioned for the rest of the team to enter her office.

Too occupied with briefing herself, she hadn’t realized that her office was now filled with the rest of the undercover team that she will be working with to accomplish the mission.  If only she knew, then maybe, just maybe she may have declined the job and worked behind her desk instead.  But, everything was already set up.  It was too late to back out now. 

Just as she was about to turn to the next page, she suddenly remembered about having a team with her.  Curiosity got the best of her and she asked, “Sir, just where is the rest of the team?  Shouldn’t they be here by now?”  Not hearing an answer from him, she finally decided to take her eyes off of the documents in her hands.  But as soon as she looked up, a gasp of horror escaped her lips as her question was suddenly answered.  “No, this cannot be happening,” she said to herself.  To her horror, the two guys whom she wished she didn’t run into were now standing right next to each other inside her office geared up and ready to go. 

She couldn’t believe her eyes.  Of course everyone knew how great the two individuals were but did they forget about the tense atmosphere from before?  She shook her head completely disagreeing to the team that will be working with her.  She stood up and walked towards The General.  With her eyes glued to both Wooyoung and Jaejoong, she asked, “Those two...”  She pointed towards the guys and said, “Those two guys are my partners?”  The General looked to where she pointed and nodded his head.  “Yes, Jaejoong and Wooyoung will be working with you.”  She looked at him exasperatedly.  He cocked a brow at her and asked, “Why are you so shocked?  You and I.  No scratch that.  The entire Department knows that they are two of the best Agents that we have next to you.”  She still looked at him not believing the situation.  He rolled his eyes as he eyed her suspiciously.  He made eye contact with both Wooyoung and Jaejoong, pointing his chin towards the door and motioned for them to leave.  Both Wooyoung and Jaejoong understanding his command, left the office and closed the door behind them leaving the two of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter