The Beginning

A Tomboy's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a quiet day with nothing but the normal hustle and bustle of the Police station happening sat a beautiful young tomboyish looking girl sitting alone staring out of the window.  A loud sigh could be heard from her as she thought about her past accompanied by some tears flowing down her cheeks.  A soft smile replaced her quivering ones when thoughts of her mother flooded her mind.  She momentarily closed her eyes and said, "oh how I miss you so much Mom.  How are you doing up there?  It's been a while hasn't it?"  She comfortably placed her knees underneath her head and wrapped her arms around her legs and continued to think about her mom not realizing that a man was slowly creeping towards her. 

The man slowly made his way towards her crouching form and harshly placed an arm around her interrupting her of her thoughts.  He turned his head towards her and asked, "Hey Taeyeon, what are you doing all alone here in the corner?  Are you sulking by yourself for not getting the case done?"  She looked up at him with a glare and responded, "No you idiot.  I'm just looking up into the sky.  Why? Is that a crime?"  Wooyoung was going to retort with an attack but stopped when he noticed the redness of her eyes and the wetness of her cheeks.  His eyes softened as he thought about her state of mind.

He wrapped his arms securely around her and brought her body closer to his before placing a quick kiss on top of her head.  He sighed and said, "Thinking about your Mom right?  I'm sorry.  I forgot."  Taeyeon just closed her eyes and allowed her body to be held by him not muttering a word.  Even without her answering, he knew that she was thinking about her Mother who was now up in the Heavens watching over her.  Whenever Taeyeon would think about her Mother she would always have that solemn look in her eyes and would be staring out into the open skies with watery eyes.

Wooyoung thought back about how the incident happened and just closed his eyes feeling sorry for Taeyeon and all that she's been through.

[flashback]

Wooyoung and Taeyeon has known each other since they were five years old.  Their families have been friends since the very beginning and has always had a very tight bond.  When they were at the age of ten, Taeyeon's mother was brutally murdered by someone who had followed her to only steal her purse, not realizing he was robbing a child of her mother. 

Taeyeon's mother was out shopping for a brand new dress for a school recital she's a part of.  Oh how Taeyeon hated that day.  If only she didn't ask her mother for a new dress when she's had plenty to start with.  If only she didn't have to have a recital at her school that she so eagerly wanted to be a part of.  If only her mother was still there by her side.  Taeyeon remembered yelling at herself, "Why did you force Mom to buy a new dress?  If you weren't so stubborn and listened to her in the first place she wouldn't be dead right now.  Mom would still be here."  She couldn't contain the tears or the sobs that escaped her. 

From that day onwards, she swore that she would never ever wear a dress ever again.  She couldn't contain herself or restrict herself from crying her heart out and the only person she could turn to for comfort was Wooyoung.  He was always there for her day in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter