What do we do now?

First Love

The day has reached 12pm and Krystal and Jongin still haven’t found a solution. They can’t let all they’ve gone through together go away, nor their sweat and energy wasted on their trainings. Jongin still went to SM that day, while Krystal stays at home. Suho nudges Jongin, “Ya, you okay ah Jongin? Aren’t you granted a day off or something?” “Things happened, Suho. And now I just… I’m just too clueless to even do anything” Chanyeol and Sehun joins the conversation and told the boys what happened—they all gaped into air. “Oh crap. Oh. Crap.” Sehun reacts. “What do you plan to do? Do you have something in mind?” Chanyeol asked Jongin. “That’s the problem. I don’t” Suho then tries to advice his friend, “Honestly, if I were you…” Just before he said it—Jongin stood up and said, “I think I have an idea” Just then, Jongin’s phone rang- it was Krystal.

K: Hey Jongin. Are you free to talk?                             

J: Yeah.

Jongin exits the room to talk in private.

K: I’ve been thinking…

J: I have too babe

K: Okay then you go first!

J: Haha, no no, ladies first…

K: Pfft. Alright then. Honestly… I think that we should…

J: Break up?

K: For now. Since we are practically being watched right now, might as well give them what they want, then they’ll let us debut then… maybe we could start over once we both debut…

J: Babe…

K: I don’t know, Jongin! I really… that’s the best I could think of!

J: No babe that was exactly what I had in mind too…

K & J: It’s the best solution isn’t it…?

Both of them muttered at the same time. Then silence took over the phone. Krystal would miss Jongin too much and she knows that she will never be happy as she is with Jongin. Jongin on the other hand, knew that it must have been heartbreaking for Krystal to mutter those words- and although he came up with the same plan… he can’t help but feel heartbroken. The love of his life, drifting away…

Silence broke after Krystal sobs could be heard by Jongin.

J: Babe, please. Please don’t cry, we will see each other again. It’s not the end…

K: I’m sorry, I’m just err… my nose is runny

Krystal said with a shaky voice, trying to mask her embarrassment. Upon hearing that, Jongin chuckled of how Krystal is being too cute over the phone.

J: I’ll miss you Krystal. I’ll miss you too much. There will never be a day I don’t think of you.

Hearing Jongin saying that makes Krystal’s heart even weaker.

K: Don’t say things like that, Jongin. Don’t.

J: I cannot not say the truth, babe.

K: Don’t call me babe anymore too. It’ll hurt too much.

J: Let’s try being friends then

K: Deal. Friends.

As Krystal muttered the word ‘friends’, Jongin could feel her voice shaking and he could feel his heart falling to the ground.

K: Let’s hang up now. Bye Jongin.

Right after Krystal said “bye Jongin” Jongin quickly said,

J: WAIT WAIT WAIT BABE WAIT DON’T HANG UP JUST YET

K: Why? What’s wrong?

Krystal starts panicking after hearing Jongin shouting like that.

J: Nothing, I just wanted to let you know something.

K: YA JONGIN CAN YOU NOT DO THAT. I almost had a heart attack over here okay. What is it?

Jongin chuckled as Krystal scolds him.

J: I just wanted to tell you, that I love you, Krystal.

Krystal went silent and tears start to flood her eyes. Jongin felt his heart sank, knowing this will be the last time they’d ever talk as a couple. Krystal tried to maintain her voice, so that it wouldn’t sound so shaky and replied,

K: I love you too Jongin.

After saying that she couldn’t take it anymore, so she hung up.

Both of them fell onto the ground, sobbing and tearing up, just realizing the end of the phone call means it’s the end of their relationship.