Reignition? II

First Love

After receiving a good night text from Jongin last night- Krystal woke up as if she has woken up from the best sleep of her life. What a great day. Can't believe I am actually looking really forward to today's practice! Oh, what time is it anyways,.. Krystal checks her phone.

1 New Message

J: Krystal! You busy?

Did...he...really...texted me last night? WHY DID I SLEEP OMG KRYSTAL WHY!!!!!!!! Krystal started to frown at her phone. "Ya, Krystal... stop frowning like that... you wouldn't want extra wrinkles... Wait why are you frowning like that...did Jongin...do something?!!" Amber takes Krystal's phone and dropped her jaw too. "Why did I sleep last night?!!!" Krystal expressing her frustration while burying her face on her pillows. Amber laughs and says, "Then reply him now!! ASK HIM OUT OMG ORRR MEET UP LATERRR" "What do we have today, Am?" "Wait, I'll check the schedule----- OH. MY. GOD. KRYS. Today SMTOWN week practice starts!" Wait... what.... already...? I can't face him just yet.. ohmygodwhatshouldido!!! "Relax, Krys. Its not like we'll see him for sure today, so chill. Maybe we both will have entirely different schedules!" "So, should I reply him now?" "DUH Krystal! If you don't reply it'll seem that you are not interested..." "Oh okay.....what...should...I...." "Don't ask me what should you reply! Just flirt okay! I'm gonna take a shower now. Text Jongin. Now" Amber says before heading to shower. Okay...so what should I reply....?

K: Hey Jongin. So sorry, I was already sleeping last night.. Why, is everything okay?

Send message. Krystal rereads what she sends countless times, it doesn't sound weird right? I mean like, it doesn't seem like ilikeyou kinda message right? Ugh, this is so stressful! What should I do to keep distracted? Um, let's take a shower and cool my head off.

After she showered, Krystal ran back to her phone and saw 1 new message......

From Amber, who was giggling meanly at the back.

"Not funny Amber." Krystal glares at Amber who was still laughing.

She tried to get her mind off it, and start dressing herself; and when she was ready to leave, she then checked her phone,

1 new message.

Oh. My. God. Please tell me it’s not Amber.

J: Oh hey Krys. Naah was just going to remind you that your drama’s last episode was last night!

That’s it? That’s why he texted me? To remind ME of MY drama? Really now, Jongin?

K: Oh haha, did you watch it?

 

Oh crap, should I tell her I watched it? Or should I act as if I don’t? Which would be okay?!! Would it seem a little obsessive if I say I watched the whole thing? Or would that sound supportive? If I say I don't, would that show a bad quality of me?

J: Haha no, Luhan and Xiumin does follow the whole drama, so yesterday they were making a big fuss about it, and forced us all to watch it haha

Jongin still hasn’t pressed send. Should I mention about the kiss….? Or should I just not mention it?

J: Haha no, Luhan and Xiumin does follow the whole drama, so yesterday they were making a big fuss about it, and forced us all to watch it haha btw Krys, you looked beautiful in the drama

That sounds okay right…?

DID HE JUST COMPLIMENT ME?! Krystal squealed. Breathe, Krystal, Breathe. He was just saying that as a colleague- don’t take it too seriously.

K: Awwww thanks Jongin. Btw you guys are starting SMTOWN week’s practice today right?

J: Yeap! You too? Let’s meet up later..?

K: Sure, why not. See you, Jongin.

 

Sadly, the 1st practice week for SMTOWN week with EXO and f(x) started off with group practices, so the two don’t meet at all- and since the both have been extremely busy with choreography etc., they couldn’t even meet up afterwards. And since the two both had high egos, the two of them did not even text after that.

“So… have you been texting Jongin…?” Amber asks Krystal. “No. He’s probably busy or something. And plus, why would I text him FIRST?” “Err Krys, you guys are just friends right, like you claim, then why don’t just text him first? It’s not going to mean anything anyways right?” Amber replies in sarcasm. “I’m too tired anyways” Krystal not admitting defeat, while snuggling into her blanket.

“Jongin- ah.. So what happened the other night? Did you flirt your best? Hehehe” Kyungsoo asks. “Erm….yeah…..” Jongin mutters. “What happened? Why are you muttering like that!” Kyungsoo asks. “It’s just… that I don’t think she likes me anymore- I mean her texts don’t seem enthusiastic about me… I think she’s dating that CNBLUE guy” Jongin sulks and hands his phone to Kyungsoo to read the conversation. “YA JONGIN. You also didn’t text any sort of ilikeyou texts! Maybe that’s why she didn’t reply the ilikeyou style~” Kyungsoo proving a point. Jongin then replies, “You could be right, but I really think she doesn’t like me anymore.” Kyungsoo scoffs, “Seriously, Jongin? Seriously?” Jongin stares at the ceiling and ponder about how Krystal really feels about him. The only way to know her real feelings is to see her real reaction by talking to her face to face... but can I even stare into those eyes...?

So on the 2nd week of practice, they both practiced their joined performances. Krystal, Luna, Amber and Kyungsoo will be singing Goodbye Summer so, on the first day of practice, Jongin purposely stayed back and pretend to wait for his roommate Kyungsoo. When the girls entered the room and saw Jongin, Krystal was stunned when she saw Jongin playing with his phone on the sofa looking hot as usual. Kyungsoo laughed at Krystal’s reaction and Jongin looked up to Krystal, “Hey Krys, Luna, Amber, hope you guys don’t mind, I’m gonna wait for Kyungsoo here.” “No…no…not at… All…” Krystal starts stuttering. It’s only been a while since I last saw him, but why do I find him hotter every day I see him? Get a grip, Krystal. Stop stuttering.

She still likes me… that stutter, was exactly like how she did it back then. She STILL likes me!!! She still likes me, right? Jongin losing confidence bit by bit after overthinking every second.

They started rehearsing, and since the song was about a breakup, Krystal felt uncomfortable singing it in front of Jongin. Jongin just kept staring at Krystal, admiring her beauty.

Why does he keep staring at me like that! Is something on my face? Is there a hole somewhere on my shirt? Gosh Jongin, please don’t give me those eyes- I can’t concentrate!

When did she get this pretty...? I could stare at her the whole day. I miss you so much, Krystal. I really do.

After the practice finished, Amber quickly grabbed Luna and Kyungsoo and left, “I’m thirsty; let’s go get something to drink. Jongin, Krys, we’ll get you guys something. Stay here ok? Bye!” Kyungsoo knew what Amber’s real intention was- to get the two alone. The three left, and in the room was only Krystal and Jongin.

Krystal and Jongin both didn’t know where to start. At the end, both talked at the same time making both laugh, “So how are you?” After laughing, Jongin says, “you go first.” Krystal then starts talking about her practices and other things, and Jongin just happily lend his ears. After that, Jongin starts talking about his recent life and Krystal listens attentively. They both talked and laughed- and realised that they were both still the same; the way they talk, laugh just that they both have grown up physically.

“It’s actually really fun filming a drama… you should just give it a try if there's any audition. And it was extra fun for me this time, since the character somehow resembles me a bit!” Krystal talking about her drama- giving Jongin a little jealousy. Jongin then accidentally blurts out, “What was fun other than that? The kissing scene?” Krystal was a little flustered by the sudden question, and replied, “The kissing scene was not THAT great, I mean… it was just… you know…a normal… feelingless----” Krystal stops stuttering as Jongin suddenly placed his hand on her cheek. Krystal looked up to meet Jongin’s eyes and saw exactly how Jongin used to look at her back then.

Jongin’s POV

I accidentally blurted out, “What was fun other than that? The kissing scene?” Krystal was a little flustered by the sudden question, and replied, “The kissing scene was not THAT great, I mean… it was just… you know…a normal… feelingless----” Her stutters were so cute, I just had to kiss her there and then. I didn’t know that my feelings to kiss her were that strong until I placed my hand on her cheek without me actually realising. She’s so beautiful- making me dazed into her beautiful face for a while. I missed you so much, Krystal. Please come back in my life. That was what I wanted to say. And this time around, I will NOT chicken out.

Krystal’s POV

When he asked me the question, I didn’t know what to answer! It really took me by surprise! I started stuttering, and then he suddenly placed his hand on my cheek! I swear I could’ve just passed out there! When I met his eyes… it was so much like how he used to look at me back then- full of love and lust. To be completely honest, I wished he would’ve kissed me or something- then my fantasies stopped as he removed his hand. Wait... why did he remove it? I looked back and saw the three were back. God damn it you guys, why did you choose to come back now?!

 

 

Amber, Luna and Kyungsoo came back right then and realised they ruined a moment and gasped, “Uh oh, let’s head out again.” Krystal and Jongin then say, “No no no, it’s okay. Come in!” The three felt guilty and went in to practice again.