Crossing paths

First Love

It’s been four months now, Krystal can speak pretty fluent Korean, and has already immersed herself in the Korean culture. She still gets people chasing after her (following her around), people looking at her whilst whispering to each other, and no, she hasn’t seen Jongin ever since. She thought they’d meet again… She thought tjay since they met each other twice in a day,  there's a huge possibility they'd meet again right?!But as months passed without seeing him, made Krystal gradually forgetting about him and the feeling kind of flew away. She has grown more mature, and definitely a lot prettier, with her having the look of a girl transitioning into a woman. Krystal’s mom has been busy like always while Krystal keeps herself busy with studying.

After the fifth month, she graduated from the institute and can now converse and write fluently in Korean. She was on her way home, walking while reading her graduation transcript, thinking to herself, I’m pretty amazing, eh? All of a sudden, a man stopped her, and asked where she was from. She was startled of course, with the sudden question and obviously made her scared. She replied in English, “Sorry, I don’t speak Korean”. The man replied in English, “What’s your name?” Krystal wasn’t sure whether to say her real name. “Erm, Krystal.” “Where are you from, Krystal? ”London.” I’m sorry I don’t know who you are and…..” Before she finished her sentence, the man handed her a business card and said, “No need to be scared, I am just a representative from an entertainment company, and I do the casting. I see you amazing potential. Please call this number when you are free to arrange an audition”. Krystal then thought of Jongin… and asked, “I… don’t think I can even sing… or dance…”. “Its okay, just come okay. Please do. See you soon then, Krystal. Take care”. Then the man left her. She stared at the card, SM entertainment company…..Is that a good company or not? She knows Kpop now that she’s here in Korea; she knows the Wonder Girls, SNSD and a few more good looking guys she can’t recall, since they are all over Korea’s advertisements. She got home, and met her mom for dinner. “Mom, what do you recommend me do now that I am finished with learning the language?” she asked. “Anything, honey. You’ve already made me happy with you completing the course. Now just do something you enjoy. But talk to me about it okay”. Krystal then told her about the man. Her mom was scared as the world nowadays could mean a “different” type of entertainment industry- adult. “Honey, just research about the company first okay. And if it is what it is, why don’t you give it a shot, I mean it’s not like you have anything else to do”. Krystal understood and finished her dinner. She researched a bit about the company, and since she knows about the business world, she understood that SM entertainment has pretty amazing figures in their profits. Wow, their celebrities are so pretty & handsome…. WHAT 7 YEARS OF TRAINING?!...what do they train…how do they train…? As she was lost in her thoughts, her mom knocked her door and asked whether the company seems okay. After her mom seeing the site herself, she told Krystal, “Go on, love. It is a good experience. Just leave when you find out it’s not in your path okay. Plus you used to dance and sing! Do what you’d like. Good night”. Her mom kissed her forehead and left to sleep. “Should I go?” Krystal asked herself.

The next day came a lot faster than Krystal wanted; she hasn’t really thought it through just yet. Oh well, let’s just do it. I have nothing else to do anyways. She called the man on the card and the man answered with happiness and joy when she said she’d do the audition. The man told her to come straight away and an audition will be right then. Krystal then started to worry…. And clearing her vocal chords…. And move her body a bit. She sang a song before she left and danced a bit just to let her warm up.

The company was big, with posters of celebrities and fans standing outside the building… wow. As she walked past the fans, people started talking again as usual, “is she a trainee?” “She must be a new one though haven’t seen her before” “she’s pretty though” “Not really though”, she could hear them all. The man greeted her at the door and led her to the audition room. In the room there was a woman and a man, and as soon she entered, she bowed and the woman asked her to sing. She used to take singing & dancing classes when she was super young, so she sang her heart out. After that music came out and the man told her she could dance anything. So she started dancing. She couldn’t tell what the judges actually feel- they were having such poker faces on. After all that, they told her she could wait outside. When she left, the man was waiting outside and told her, “After all that, you will be in; you don’t even need to go through the next round”. Krystal wasn’t sure whether she should feel happy or not, but she did feel a small amount of joy in her.

After a while, the two came out and said she’s in and the contract is ready. In fluent Korean, she was like, “Woo… this is going too fast, erm can I just look around today and come tomorrow with my mum for the contract?” All of them chuckled and said sure while complimenting her fluent Korean. The two judges left for somewhere else, and the man brought her around. She got to see the food court, the vocal recording rooms, and the last place they went was the training room. There were people inside the room, girls and boys when she went in. The man said to the instructor to continue as usual, as she is here as a potential trainee. She scanned through the people there, all looking pretty experienced, all sweaty…..and………..handsome. Her eyes stopped at one guy. He looks very chic yet innocent, has a lean body, with pretty broad shoulders, his eyes were small but very y in a way. When he looked back at her she stopped her staring at followed the man to sit at the corner of the room. The people inside started dividing into groups and dancing when the music came up. Krystal was amazed with the super synchronized dancing, and the effort they all put in. After they finished dancing, the man said that the tour is pretty much over. Just before she left the room, she quietly took a glance to the chic guy, and just then a voice called out, pretty familiar, “YAA, SEHUN!” She saw the back of the man shouting and running from the door towards the chic guy. They both started chatting and the man with Krystal stopped walking and said, “Wait, I need to talk to the instructor”. Krystal waited on the spot while looking at the posters on the wall. Then her shoulder was tapped. She turned around and saw the beautiful creature and the chic guy. She dropped her jaw; yes she did this time, while Jongin laughed. She really didn’t expect Jongin to be there, well she kind of forgot about him already. “WOW it’s been a while, hasn’t it?” he said while placing his finger on her chin to close . “You know her?” Sehun interrupted. Krystal felt the electricity when Jongin touched her chin, but this time round she hasn’t lost her words. “Yes it has! How are you, oh wow, you’re a trainee here?” she asked. “Yes! Why are you here anyways” they were both talking and totally ignoring Sehun’s presence. As they were talking for a bit, Sehun cleared his throat and Jongin said, “Oh, sorry Sehun. Sehun this is Krystal, Krystal this is Sehun” Sehun and Krystal shook hands and Sehun muttered, “Ah….so you’re Krystal…. Hey Jongin, I’ll leave first okay I need to go to the rap practice” and he left. After Jongin and Krystal were watching Sehun leave, the man came and tapped Krystal and said, “Sorry it took so long, let’s go. Oh, you guys know each other?” Jongin nodded and said, “yeah we met before…so okay then Krystal, see you soon… oh wait I need your number” They exchanged numbers and they both parted ways again.

She couldn’t believe how they crossed paths again.