Hello Korea! (안녕 한국!)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The roaring of the plane's engine hasn't helped my attempt to get some sleep. Ten hours of flight will surely exhaust me so I better make use of it. Sleep is something I've been deprived of since I had decided to go back to Korea and pursue another career. Meetings here and conferences there, not to mention working out my VISA and passport with the French Embassy. For a week, I haven't had a decent rest and I'm pretty sure that is nothing compared to the busy schedule that awaits for me. Well, the only thing I'm praying for right now is not to have the press crowding the airport.

I was not aware that I had dozed off because the next thing I know is that my coordinator is nudging my side telling me that we are already landing at Incheon Airport. I lazily fixed my white V-neck cotton shirt and reached for my black leather jacket.

"Are you nervous? After seventeen years, you're finally coming back," Eric, my manager, asked me while we were getting our passport stamped.

"A little," I answered curtly. I'm usually a talkative person but the fatigue has taken its toll on my body so I'm not up for a little chitchat.

After the whole team got their passports back, we proceeded to the parking lot. My prayers were not answered because as we were approaching the exit, I could see reporters crowding with their cameras ready. If that was not bad enough, it was two o'clock in the morning! Do these people not sleep? I slid on my Ray Ban and walked alongside Eric.

"Miss Kim, is it true that you'll be leaving the racing industry?" one reporter asked, pointing his microphone at me. I was about to open my mouth to answer when another reporter pointed her mic at me, "Miss Kim, are you staying in Korea for good?" "Is it true that SM Entertainment and YG Entertainment bidded for your talent fee? Which agency will you be signing with?" Blah, blah, blah.

I felt like I was surrounded by a swarm of bees. I was too tired to even smile for the cameras. Please, guys, give me a break! Just for today!

"We will answer your questions at the press conference tomorrow. Samantha is exhausted right now. We hope you understand. Thank you," Eric told them and then ushered me to the waiting van, leaving the chaotic crowd behind.

"Thank God we finally pulled free from those people! Seriously, I felt like I was being attacked by zombies," Belle, my coordinator, ranted as she fanned herself.

"You okay, Sam?" Eric asked. He probably noticed how quiet I was today.

"Yeah, I'm just tired. I've never been this sleepy in my whole life. I just want us to arrive at the hotel as soon as possible."

"Don't worry. The hotel isn't that much farther from here."

Always the reassu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter