Second Thoughts (제 생각)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Singapore, as per usual, was lovely.

The plane landed around two in the afternoon and I went straight to the hotel I'd be staying though I haven't made up my mind on how long will I be lingering around. After what happened in Guangzhou, I was not sure how many days will I be needing to be ready to go back to Korea and face anyone and anything that is Kris-related. It's not that I didn't want to see him or that I was mad at him. Of course not. It's just painful to think about him.

Two hours after unpacking my things and taking a nap, I decided to take a walk along the Marina Bay. It would be a waste if I just stay in my hotel room and mope around. Besides, the whole Singapore side trip was all about putting my mind off things and an afternoon stroll would be a great start.

I put on my hoodie and headed towards the bridge near the Merlion Statue. I walked along sidewalk, running my fingers on the railings. I was taking in the beautiful view when someone caught my attention. In the distant, I saw a familiar figure leanig on the railings. Somene tall and good looking. He was wearing a baseball cap but I could recognize him anywhere.

"Woo Bin oppa?" I said as I approached the familiar looking guy.

He turned his head to my direction and a surprised look crossed his face. "Samantha?"

"Oh my God! It's really you!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Having a vacation," he uttered, still in a state of shock from seeing me. "How about you? I ran into Eric yesterday and he said you're in Paris."

"I was. I'm just stopping by."

His face brightened. "Well, it's good that you stopped by. It's actually my first time here in Singapore and I don't know my way around. You know some places here, don't you?" He glanced at me with expectant eyes.

"Yeah, I do. I've been here twice." I smiled and was surprised that it didn't feel forced. For a moment, I actually forgot that something big happened few hours earlier.

"That's a relief," he said, sighing theatrically. "I arrived this morning and the farthest I've gone is here. I am scared to go far from the hotel I'm staying. I'm afraid I might lose my way around." He laughed at his own silliness.

"Which hotel are you staying?"

"Fullerton Bay Hotel. It's just around the corner, five blocks from here."

"Really? I'm also staying in the same hotel," I said, gaping at him.

He mirrored my shock and we both laughed at the audacity of fate. We were still laughing when my stomach grumbled.

"What was that?" he said.

Embarrassed, I admitted that it was me. "I haven't eaten anything since this morning."

"What? Why didn't you tell me? Come on, let me get you something."

"I am not really hungry."

"Really? Because your stomach tells otherwise." He grabbed my wrist, pulling me along while he started walking.

"Uh, oppa, where are we going?"

He stopped walking and looked back at me. "I don't really know. I wish you could tell me." Woo Bin oppa chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"You are really silly. Do you know that?" He just tittered in reponse. "I know a place near here. It's called Clarke Quay."

"Clarke Quay? I think I've read that somewhere. Is that the place with bars and beer houses?"

"Yes, it is but we aren't going there. There are a fine dinings in the area, too, and that's where we will fill our tummies."

We made our way to the restaurant by foot, passing by the Merlion Statue as we walked. The statue was surrounded by a lot of tourists, some of whom whispered to their companions when they caught sight of us. I shrank to the hood of my jacket when I noticed one of them pointing his camera to me. Kim Woo Bin, on the other hand, seemed to be oblivious of the crowd eyeing us and kept on blabbing about the beautiful scenery.

It took us twenty one minutes of walking to get to Clarke Quay and surprisingly, I didn't feel exhausted probably because of oppa's babble.

A wide berth of restaurants welcomed us when we arrived in Clarke Quay and I let Woo Bin oppa choose the restaurant since I've tried most of the fine dinings in the area. In the end, he chose the The Steakhouse which I highly recommended.

Midway our dinner, he started the conversation by asking how long will I be staying.

I finished chewing on my steak before answering. "I don't know yet. Maybe for a few days. You?"

"I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow. I have a drama coming up and the filming starts the next day after."

"Oh, that's hectic," I commented then I remembered that I also have a CF commitment on the same day of his filming. "Crap. I think I also have a schedule on the same day as yours. I might also leave the day after tomorrow."

"Then let's book the same flight," he suggested, a hopeful expression painted on his face.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We were just coming off from a break up, remember?" I said, reminding him of our fake relationship which has ended few months ago. "Rumors about us getting back together might spread and I'm done telling lies."

"Rumors are inevitable, Sam. They will always be there. Besides, who said we'll be lying?"

"What do you mean?"

"After all that fake relationship thing, this will be the first time people will be seeing the real score between us. We don't have to pretend anymore. We can just be ourselves--as friends," he put in and I sensed a tinge of bitterness when he said the word friends.

I processed what he said and realized that he's right so I shrugged and said, "Okay, if you say so."

We finished the last of our meals talking casually. Woo Bin oppa insisted on paying for our dinner though I offered to pitch in. He refused my money saying it would hurt his pride if I spend money when I'm with him. He sounds like he's my boyfriend, I thought while he asked for our bill.

It was already nine in the evening when we left the restaurant and parties in Clarke Quay were just starting to heat up. Different music from the bars and clubs around the area were blaring and people were starting to saturate the place. When I looked at Woo Bin oppa, I saw the excitement in his eyes but I wasn't in the mood to have fun and I was also feeling sleepy because I haven't had a decent sleep in the last twenty-four hours. So, I told him that I'd head back to the hotel first. I expected him to stay behind but he didn't.

We rode a cab going back to Fullerton Bay because I was very tired and I couldn't take another twenty-one minute walk.

"What are you doing for tomorrow?" he said while we were in the elevator.

"I don't know. I haven't made plans, yet."

"Then, would you go to the Universal Studios with me? I kept hearing a lot of good things about it and I want to go. I could go alone but it wouldn't be as fun as when I have company, right?"

I wanted to refuse at first but his hopeful expression made me change my mind. "Sure," I relented.

"Reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter