New York (뉴욕)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is no such thing as perfect relationship or a perfect love. That much I’m sure of. After the fight we had, Kevin and I have been getting along alright. Better, actually. Though we still have some arguments about petty matters, we manage to talk it out and learn the art of compromise. Like for instance when I was casted as the main character to a romantic drama series opposite to Woo Bin oppa. He expressed his utter disagreement on me doing the drama and was being sulky about it.

“Can you not do it?” he had said when I finally had the guts to break out the news. We just finished the dinner I prepared in celebration for Valentine’s Day and was lounging in my living room watching an old rerun of Twilight saga on the cable.

“Kevin, the thing is, I’ve already agreed to do the project,” I had insisted, trying to be convincing as possible. Truth is I personally liked the plot of the drama and it’s such a waste to reject it. Besides, Woo Bin oppa went back on being friendly with me after ignoring me for almost a couple of months and I want to use the opportunity to regenerate our friendship though Kevin disapproves.

He had breathed s sigh but didn’t say anything for a few minutes.

“Is this because I’m paired with Woo Bin oppa?” I had asked, though I already know the answer. His mouth was pressed into a hard line and he avoided my gaze.

“You’re impossible,” I grunted, throwing my arms in the air. “I thought we’ve been through this already. Don’t you trust me?”

“Of course, I trust you,” he thwarted. “It’s him I don’t trust.”

“Then why does it have to bother you so much?” I grumbled in disappointment. “I am your girlfriend, not him. What’s important is we both trust and love each other.”

He threw his head back on the couch in utter resignation because he knows I’m right. “Fine,” he had said, with his eyes half closed. “You win.”

“Kevin, this isn’t about who wins this argument or not. It’s-”

“I know, I know. I understand,” he had replied and when I raised a brow, he added, “Or, I’ll try to be more understanding. Maybe I’m just scared that I might lose you.”

“That’s nonsense. You’ll never lose me,” I had said, cupping his flawless cheeks.

After that small argument, our relationship has been smooth sailing for months. Though both our schedules were cramped, we always find time for each other and that includes dinner or lunch at my unit with me cooking for the two of us or sometimes at their dorm and most of the time, at their practice room. We also ate outside but along with some EXO members. The media wasn’t very suspicious of us given that my fake relationship with Woo Bin oppa was still ongoing.

Months have gone by and before we knew it, Kevin and I were celebrating our first anniversary. He surprised me with a simple dinner he arranged in their dorm together with his helpful members. I admit it was more romantic than in any posh restaurants though he could have rented one. A month before our first year anniversary, the media feasted on the news that Woo Bin oppa and I broke up, It was two months after the drama we’ve made ended.

“Kevin, do you think we can go public now?” I asked while I slice my sirloin steak which by the way was so delicious. I wondered if Kyungsoo was responsible for its delectable taste. “I mean, since the whole fake dating thing is over, I think it’s alright to tell people about us."

He took a sip on his wine before responding. “Do we really need to do that? We’re happy without all those people sticking their noses to our private life. I don’t see how those people knowing about us would make a difference.”

“I know, it’s just…,” I trailed off. If I don’t understand where he’s coming from, I would have stormed out of the room because to someone who doesn’t know, it would sound like, he’s embarrassed to let peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter