Committed (관계있는)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday morning, rain is falling~

Maroon 5 is on the loop, blasting over my speakers while I cuddle with my throw pillows, reading the latest book of Mitch Albom, "The First Call from Heaven". The filming has ended yesterday and was I so glad to finally have rested after almost four months of sleepless and tiresome shooting.

The song is so fitting. It's a beautiful Sunday morning and the autumn rain is softly falling outside.

"What could be more perfect than this?" I muttered to myself as I look outside enjoying the Seoul morning view.

The ring of the doorbell shook my two hour trance. Talk about ruining the moment.

"Good morning, Miss Kim. A delivery came this morning," the conceirge said while handing me a basket full of roses.

"Oh, thanks," I replied, offering a smile. I flipped the card to see who sent it but to my surprise, a poem is written on it.

The Flower by Kim Chun Soo

Before I called her name,

She was nothing more than a gesture.

When I called her name,

She came to me

And become a flower.

Like I called her name,

Will someone please call my name

That suits my light and fragrance?

I, too, long to come to her

And become her flower.

We all long to be something.

You, to me, and I, to you,

Long to become a gaze that won't be forgotten.

Then a message written below it.

Hey! Good luck on the movie. xx

The sender didn't bother to write his so thoughts were swirling around my mind and I suddenly hear Maroon 5 singing.

But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do/ And I would gladly hit the road, get up, and go if if I knew/ That someday it would lead me back to you~

After hearing the lyrics, I couldn't help but think of those mystery bottled water, card, and jajangmyun which came from K.

"Could this be from him, too?" I spoke to myself and the butterflies on my stomach flew everywhere. A giggle escaped from my lips and I started to jump like a little kid.

While my mind was busy of daydreaming, my phone rang. It's Woo Bin oppa.

"Sam, annyeong! Did you receive the flowers I sent?" His question quickly stripped my happiness away. Right. What was I thinking? Too much assumption, Sam. Just too much, the little voice in my head said, clicking her tongue.

"Yeah, thanks. But what for?" I said over the phone, trying to hide the disappointment I was feeling.

"Just to cheer you up afer the tedious filming," he said cheerfully. "Hey, do you time today?"

"Yes, I guess. Eric hasn't told me anything. Why?"

"I was wondering if you can be my lunch date." There's a bit of hesitation in his voice so he added quickly, "I'm supposed to meet my Mom but she ditched me for work so..."

I contemplated for a moment and decided that lunch with Woo Bin oppa won't hurt. Ever since Min Ho oppa told me that Woo Bin oppa 'might' be liking me, I sort of distanced myself from him. But he's persisitent and so friendly. Of course, I don't want to be rude just because someone told me a guy has feelings towards me. I set those thoughts aside and continued being friends with him. Besides, Min Ho oppa might be wrong.

"Alright, lunch it is. But you're buying, okay?" I joked.

I heard him laugh then said, "Of course, I will. I'll pick you up by twelve then?"

I glanced at the wall clock and it says 11 o'clock. "Yeah, sure. Laters," then I hang up.

I quickly took a shower and dressed up. I wore my white signature cotton shirt, black leather pants, combat boots, and my read beanie.

When the elevator opened, I saw Kris and Tao snickering about something.

"Hi Sam!" Tao greeted me brightly. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah. I'm having lunch with Woo Bin oppa," I said, sneaking a peak at Kris who stood beside Tao expressionless.

"Okay. Have fun! See you around," Tao uttered, smiling from ear to ear.

I smiled back at him, glancing at Kris to meet eyes with him but I had no luck. He acted like I wasn't there. Why can't I do the same? For a moment, I hated how I couldn't seem not to care about him each time he's around. There's always that part of me that longs for him.

Woo Bin oppa waited for me in the parking lot, wearing a big smile. He drove his own black Audi and he's leaning on the car's hood when I arrived.

"Are you posing for a magazine?" I told him as I walk towards him.

"Actually, I'm going for a billboard photo just like yours," he grinned at me.

"Well, close enough," I replied, trying to match his joke.

The drive to Itaewon is fun. Oppa and I talked about everything under the sun. It always surprises me how easy it is to talk to him.

"What are the languages you can speak?" he asked when we stopped on a red light.

"Um, aside from Korean and English, I know French, Italian, Mandarin, and a bit of Portuguese."

He was amazed by the number of languages I could speak. He asked me to teach him French. I tried teaching him the common French greetings and I laughed out loud when he got his tongues twisted. It was hard for him that he's laughing hard too.

If this continues, I might fall for him. But, would that mean I got over Kris? I told myself.

We went to a Thai restaurant which oppa likes so much. I've been to Thailand once for a vacation but I was able to stay there for only a day so it was a waste that I didn't get to taste their food.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" oppa asked while we wait for our order.

"You mean the talk show?" He nodded.

Two days before the filming ended, Eric told me that Woo Bin oppa and I are going to appear in Showbiz Korea for the promotion of the movie.

"A bit. Eric said it's just like press conferences. I'm quite confident about things like those," I replied.

"Yeah, I heard you nailed your very first press con so who's to say you can't handle a simple talk show, right?" He flashed a smirk at me then added, "You just have to be yourself."

"Whatever. I just hope I won't mess it up."

After having lunch, we stroll around the deserted streets of Itaewon. Oppa gave me a tour on the restaurants, pointing out every now and then what country each of them represent.

It's still early but we decided to call it a day. He drove me home then walked me towards the elevator.

"Thanks for lunch. It's on me next time," I said while we wait for the elevator going down from the 40th floor.

"Really? I'll make sure to order the most expensive meal," oppa said, grinning from ear to ear.

We fell silent for a moment then a familiar voice broke the silence.

"Hi, Sam!" Kris said to me smiling brightly. I was dumbfounded by his sudden friendliness. I didn't respond to him but he continued talking and stood by my side, opposite to Woo Bin oppa. "How's your brother? It has been years since we saw each other. Let's have a meal sometime, the three of us. My treat." He was smiling as he was saying it. The smile I have been longing to see.

 "You are close to each other?" Woo Bin oppa creased his forehead in confusion.

I was about to answer but Kris is one step ahead of me. "Yeah. We're childhood friends."

"Ah, I see," oppa said then looked at Kris from head to toe. "I'll get going then, Sam. See you tomorrow." Then he left after nodding at my 'childhood friend'.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him as we boarded the elevator.

"What do you mean?" he said playing dumb.

"Ugh, seriously Kris. I don't know what game you're playing but please leave me out of it. You already made it clear. Don't confuse me anymore." The built up frustrations flown out of my mouth. Don't get me wrong here. I'm happy that finally, he spoke to me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter