Third Wheel (세 번째 바퀴)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sam, I'm sorry. This sentence kept on repeating in my mind like a mantra for weeks now. No matter how I think about what might be the reason behind that apology, I couldn't find any.

Two weeks have passed after our last encounter and I haven't seen Kris since. Mostly because he goes back and forth between Korea and China for promotions while as for me, I was busy with an upcoming big project.

Among the projects lined up for me is a movie and it came earlier than expected. To be honest, I don't know much about acting. Yes, I had cameos with sone movies like the last two installments of Fast and Furious but that doesn't count as acting, does it? So, to improve my acting, Eric enrolled me in a workshop and for two weeks I had my rigorous training. It was tiring and I didn't even have fun. At the end of the workshop, I felt like I was drained of emotions. However, even though I didn't enjoy it, my mentors congratulated me for doing good though I'm not sure if it's just to appease me.

The only schedule I have for the day is the first script reading for the movie, and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. I could almost feel my heart in my throat.

I drove my way towards SBS building in Mok-dong where the script reading will be held. Eric's SUV, which he bought last week, is not far behind and riding with him is Belle. Those two have become strange since we moved to our respective units. They have grown closer and there are times where they go to dinners without inviting me. Something's going on between them and though I'm itching to know what is it, I chose not to be nosy and give them the privacy they deserve.

We arrived at the front of the building with a few reporters outside. I'm kinda used to it now so Eric isn't as overprotective as he used to be. Besides, the media got a bit civilized.

After we made our entrance, Belle decided to stay behind the lounge. When Eric and I entered the room, all eyes darted on me. The director was the first to greet me.

"Finally, we've met. The racing goddess. I want you to know that I'm a big fan," Director Soo shook my hand tightly and with force, expressing his gladness.

"Thank you, the pleasure is all mine. I actually want to thank you for casting me in this beautiful and interesting movie. I couldn't wait to work with you," I answered professionally, trying not to laugh at the cheesiness of what I've said.

He laughed at my retort and told me in a polite manner, "Oh, I am more thankful that you accepted the role. I'll be expecting a lot from you, though. This movie is an action movie and car chasing scenes are just basic so I'll be relying on your skills. Aside from that, you are my hope in giving the audience the freshness they want to see."

We chatted a little more and after that, he introduced me to the casts dwelling longer on the two leading men.

"You'll be working with this two gentlemen, Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin."

"It's nice to meet you," Lee Min Ho shook my hand with a look of delight. I couldn't deny the fact that he's stunning and handsome.

"Hi, I'm Kim Woo Bin. It's nice seeing you again," the other guy who looks tough shook my hand and beamed brightly at me. I got confused at first but as I stared at him, I realized that we have worked together before.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you again," I replied while the director was making a confused face.

"You two know each other?"

"Yes, we were both models for the Beijing Fashion Week last year," I answered and flashed a smile at Woo Bin oppa.

The fact that I know someone from the casts made my nervousness subside. At least, I can have a friend to guide me through this.

I sat beside Woo Bin oppa and though it was a bit awkward at first, we managed to talk it out. He asked about what I've been busy with lately and that he was amazed of me when he watched the Hyundai exhibition.

"I mean, to see it in TV and in reality is very different. I was like 'Wow! Daebak!' the whole time. By the way, don't you feel scared when you drift the car? Especially when you make it stand in two wheels?"

"Well, I used to get scared but somehow I managed to conquer it," I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter