Beffudled (혼란스러운)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 6:02 on my watch. Just in time for the sunset and the balcony in my unit makes a good place to watch the sun fall to the horizon. I don't know but I always have a thing for sunsets while most people loves to see the sunrise more. For me, there's a beauty behind every sunset, like how there's beauty behind every goodbye.

"It really feels good to be home," I spoke to myself as I take in the beautiful scenery. Living the penthouse really has its perks.

This week had been a hell of a week for me. The hectic filming has started and for the whole duration of the shoot, we (the main casts) weren't able to go home because of the call time. The production crews are kind enough to provide camping cars for us to sleep in but I doubt if any of us really slept soundly. Thankfully, the heavy scenes are over and we were graced to go to our respective homes over the weekend.

I was getting into a deep relaxation mode when my phone rang. I sprang out of my recliner and reached for my phone, answering it without looking at the caller's name.

"Hey, Sam. It's me Woo Bin," a raspy, manly voice came through the receiver.

"Oh, oppa! What's up?"

"Just checking if you got home alright."

"I did. Thanks. How about you?"

"I'm still on my way to my unit and I'm stuck in a heavy traffic. I suppose there's a car wreck ahead. Have you had your dinner yet?"

I was about to lie but my stomach grumbled in protest. "Not yet."

"Then would you like to join me for a meal? I'm hungry and I hate eating alone."

"Sure, I'm pretty hungry too. The fridge is empty and I haven't gone for a supermarket trip yet."

"Great. I'm near Gangnam so I suppose your apartment isn't that far from here," he said and I could almost hear the muted horns of the cars.

My dream for utmost privacy in regards to my domicile was shattered when the media found out where I live. Fans and some paparazzi would crowd around everytime I burst to the front doors of the building. It's nuisance during the first week especially when I want to have a walk. Thankfully on the second week, they probably realized that I am also human who needs space. The paparazzis and the crowding fans became fewer each passing day until only those obssess ones are left.

Woo Bin oppa told me his location and we both agreed to eat in a famous ddeokbukki place in Gangnam which is both convenient for each of us. It's the most sophisticated spicy rice cake shop I know. "I'll meet you in a few oppa," I chimed in and ended the call.

Oppa and I got closer during the shooting even though we don't have a lot of scenes together. Maybe because he's kind enough to strike a conversation with me when I feel out of place. I like him, to be honest. He has a warm personality that makes me feel comfortable when he's around. And besides, he reminds me so much of Shane.

When I arrived at the restaurant, he's already there, smiling from ear to ear.

"Am I late?" I asked him as soon as I got seated.

"No. I was actually thinking I arrived early," he answered, still smiling sheepishly. "Are you ready to order?"

"Yeah sure."

He called out to the middle aged woman attending the customers. The woman looked at us in a funny way and studied out faces. Both of us are wearing baseball caps to hide our identity. I mean we don't want to attract attention, do we?

After he placed our order, we settled on talking about the scenes we have shoot so far and how hard they have been. I think the only persons you can complain with are your co-actors because they know exactly how you feel.

"I don't know. Director Soo is suggesting to take the scene without a double," I said when he asked about the car chasig scene. It's the longest scene and is practically the highlight so the director wants it to be as spectacular as possible.

"I think they should hire a double. It could be dangerous," he suggested with a look of worry in his face.

"Oppa, I think you're forgetting something. I'm a car racer, remember?" I let out a light laugh.

"I didn't forget, okay? Car racer or not, your safety comes first," he said, a pure look of concern drawn on his face.

I chuckled bemused of the fact that someone, other than people I'm close with, cares for my safety.

"What?" he asked, the gap in his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing," I answered, shaking my head and still smiling. "Let's dig in. I think the rice cakes have cooled down already."

After having dinner, Woo Bin oppa offered to give me a ride home since the traffic has subsided.

"No need, oppa. My apartment is just a walking distance from here. Besides, you should go home and rest," I told him.

"Eyy, it's alright. I can rest and sleep all day long for the weekend. And besides, it's getting late. A gentleman wouldn't let a beautiful lady go home alone, would he?" he said in a teasing tone.

"But—"

"Uh-uh," he wagged his finger to silence me. "I insist." He dragged me to his car and opened the door for me like a gentleman he is. He rounded the head of the car in three strides, thanks to his long legs.

"Let's go!" he said enthusiastically and I just laughed at his cuteness. Obviously, he has a playful side of him. I wasn't aware that I was staring at him until he spoke up.

"Enjoying the view?" Woo Bin oppa smirked without taking his eyes off the road. I looked away quickly knowing very well that I'm blushing big time.

"You mean the night view? Of course, I do, but there isn't much to see anyway," I chimed in a wobbly voice. I trained my eyes on the tinted window, embarrassed to look at him.

He probably found my reaction amusing because he let out a deep, throaty laugh which made my blush get brighter.

Woo Bin oppa dropped me off the main entrance of the building. We were too carefree that we have forgotten that we are celebrities and the paparazzis are kind enough to remind us. When he noticed the cameras secretly taking pictures of us, he grabbed my hand and made a run to the almost closing elevator doors.

"Oh, thank God, we escaped. Are you okay, Sam?" Woo Bin oppa is still in the process of catching his breath.

"Yeah, I'm alright. How about you?" I glanced at him and saw a bead of sweat rolling down his temples. I didn't know what got into me bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter