Meet the Parents (부모님 희의)

The Choice I Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The daylight slowly seeped into the floor length window, blinding my vision when I opened my eyes. Kris was soundly sleeping beside me, with his arm wrapped aroubd my body in a protective manner. The white covered only half of his body and his chest, catching the rays of sunlight, rises and falls, indicating his rythmic breathing. My hand traced the contours on his flawless chest while I replay the scenes from last night. I couldn't help but giggle as I replay each touch.

He stirred under my touch and turned around, hugging me close to him. "What's amusing in the morning?" he said in an amused voice.

"Nothing," I replied, giving a pevk on his neck.

He cackled up when I kissed him again on thr throat. He told me before that he's ticklish on that area. "You're such a tease, Samantha," he roared, flipping me on my back. He hovered over me, his eyes darkening. Before I knew it, he crushed his lips on mine. I ran my fingers through his tousled hair, kissing him back. The kiss was intoxicating and I felt detached from my own body. I was breathless. But before it coukd lead to something again, I broke free from his addicting lips.

"As much as I wanted to stay in bed, let me remind you that we have a flight to catch," I told him, putting a finger on his swollen lips. Did I bite him? I hope not.

"Right, we're meeting your parents today," he ssid, rolling off me and heaving a sigh.

Among the plans I made for our vacation is to visit my parents and to introduce Kris to them. It took a lot of courage on my part to tell him about my plan because it's not rare that the presumption of introduving your boyfriend to your folks means that you're serious about them. I was scared that when I inform him, it might scare him away. Thankfully, he wasn't. He was thrilled and nervous but at the same time, he told me he's grateful and honored that I'm introducing him to my parents, an act he wasn't expecting from me.

We left New York early in the morning and arrived in Paris by night. The seven hour flight didn't do both Kris and I any favor. He hasn't said much on the plane ride so I figured the whole meet-my-parents idea us making him uneasy and I think he's queasiness is crawling on me, too.

Kris and I made our way to the VVIP lounge where my parents are waiting. My original plan was to book different flights like we did when we went to New York but luckily, Tyler managed to get me two first class tickets that would ensure our anonymity from the public. Just another perk of being friends with a billionaire's son who's brabe enough to go against his father and chase his own dream of being a film director.

"Nervous?" I asked.

He clasped his hand to mine and muttered under his breath, "You don't have any idea."

"Don't be. I'm sure they'll like you," I assured him though the last sentence was more to assure myself than him.

I have no doubts about Dad liking Kris. He's the type of father who teenagers call democratic which is really cool for me. He isn't bothered by the fact that majority of my friends are guys or that I hang out withthrm more often than not. It's my mother I'm worried. She may be a Westerner but she takes a great deal over conservatism. She hasn't complained about my choice of friends but she didn't express her approval either. The only thing that calms her down when I'm out with my guy friends is the fact that Eric's with me. I know Kris is adorable but Mom doesn't like cocky guys and my boyfriend is nothing but cocky at first look. With that unreadable, slitted eyes, the always furrowing eyebrows, and mouth which is always pressed into a hard line. He occasionally laughs or smiles when he's around many people, let alone strangers. And the fact that Kris has tattoos under that white polo shirt he chose to wear for the day's event, wasn't much help to ease my worry. Mom is very particular with tattoos. She once said how it symbolizes untrustworthiness.

We arrived at the VVIP lounge with our hands clasped tightly. I half expected my parents to be there but it was Robert who greeted us. Of course, what was I thinking? Dad is now a big time CEO and Mom has been promoted as the Vice President of Banque Nationale de Paris-Paribas, the second largest bank in the world.

"Hey, Sam!" Robert said, hugging me with one arm. "Glad to see you again. How's the flight?"

"Rough," I replied curtly then I remembered Kris beside me,who breathed a sigh of relief for not meeting my parents right away. At least, I guess, he could use a little more time to get ready. "Oh, you haven't meet Kevin yet, have you?"

"I'm afraid not," Robert said in his heavy British accent. He extended his right arm with an amused look in his face. "I'm Robert, Sam's car racing trainer. I presume your Sam's boyfriend."

"Yes, sir, I am. Pleasure to meet you." Kris shook Robert's hand, smiling genuinely.

"Sir? What am I a college professor?" Robert joked. "Call me Robert. And the pleasure is all mine. I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see Sam introducing a boyfriend. We almost thought, sooner or later, she'll be introducing a girlfriend instead. You know, the possibility of her having a Y chromosome." Robert let out a hearty laugh.

"Robert!" I protested, trying to look angry but failed.

"I'm just kidding, Sammy," he retorted, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Come on. Your parents are waiting." He grabbed our suitcases and lead us to the parking lot reserved for VVIP customers.

Robert stopped in front of a fifteen feet long, black limousine and a guy in chauffer uniform helped him with the luggages. I glanced at Kris and saw his jaw dropped, literally.

"Since when Dad had an interest in buying a limo?" I queried as I watch them load the bags on the trunk of the luxurious car.

"He didn't buy it. It was a gift," he replied, grunting as he lift my suitcase.

"Gift from whom?"

"Queen Elizabeth," he said, matter-of-factly, as if the mention of the queen's name explains everything. "She gave it to your mother. You know how fond she is of Sophie. The royal family bought a new model last month so the Queen decided to give it away as a present. I think their luxurious garage is alreafpdy crowded."

"Why am I not surprised?" I said and Robert half chuckled and half snorted.

The inside of the limo is just the same as any limousine I've ridden to parties. There were two black, leather couches, a 20-inch flat screen plasma TV placed in front of the longer couch, and a small fridge f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter