Shooting Stars Make Wishes Come True

My Best Friend's Wedding

"What do we need to talk about Luhan for? It's not right to talk about people behind their back Yoon Mi." I say to her

" I cant' handle this anymore! You need to know whether your in danger or not! I can't stand you being so close to Luhan!" She shouts.

"What are you even talking about?!" I say, I feel this slight ringing in the back of my head but I contintue, " Luhan is my best friend and you are one of my close friends, whatever it is that is bothering you we can solve it."

"That's just it Eun Mi! The solution to my problem requires something that I can't ask of you to do but as your friend please hear me out" She is close to tears. 

"I don't understand. What is going on here?" I am so genuinely confused and the ringing has gotten worse.

"I am not supposed to surprise you but I can't handle this anymore. I hope you know that Luhan and I will be getting married in a week."

I am struck dumbfounded. Since when were these two engaged?! My head feels like its being split open in half and I see the flashes again. Luhan and Yoon Mi together at my home coming party.

"But ever since you came back from the states all he has been talking about is you!" She is crying now "Do you even know how hard it was for me to accept the marriage proposal from a stranger? It's hard for me to show my true feelings and Luhan saved me... He protected me. After that I realized my eyes followed him everywhere and for the first time in my life I had wanted something, the first time I had liked someone. When he asked me to go out with him do you even know how happy I was? Of course you don't because you fell and hit your head causing you to get amnesia! I couldn't even tell you about my new puppy because the doctor was afraid you might get to excited but I can't hld in my feelings anymore! I want you to stay away from my Fiance!"

The world was spinning and all I could do was try to concentrate on what Yoon Mi was saying. My brain split open and all the memories from the night I had fallen came crashing down on me. I recollect all the details of their engagement and why they acted so strange. I have to ask them about this later but right now this was more important. Stay away from Luhan? how could I stay away from my best friend whom I did everything together with? Yoon Mi was my close friend but what she was saying was not possible. 

"I can't do that Yoon Mi. Im sorry you feel that way but I can't just leave Luhan. He is my best friend." I just want to end this conversation because right now all I can think about was going home and laing down to rest my head. It felt like people were throwing rocks at my brain.

"Oh really?!  Why can't you? You can make other friends! And you left him before too! When you left him to go to the states, Do you even know how sad and depressed he was?!" She is enraged that I had refused

"I don't know Yoon Mi but I am not going to leave Luhan! Unless he asks me to do so himself I won't be going anywhere!" I shout. I didn't mean to but I was so completely done with this talk. Yoon Mi was never so out spoken before I left Korea. A lot has changed. And all this news of 

"Alright then." She says. She gives me one last glare and leaves back to the party.

I shake my head. At least my awful headache was subsiding. I closed my eyes and breathed in as much fresh air as I could. I turned and went back into the party. I looked around to find my Omma first, to tell her that I remember everything and that she doesn't have to worry about surprising me. I don't see Luhan and his parents anywhere and figured they must have left.I don' see Yoon Mi either. I shake my head still confused at why she had said all those things earlier. She was usually a very nice girl.

I spot her and I start walking towards her, "Omma! Omma, I need to talk to you..." just a few steps away from her I see her turn her head towards me and her face looks shocked. She runs towards me and I realized that I am on the floor. My headache came back but ten times worse. My Omma is holding me in her arms and I feel my eyelids get heavier and heavier. My Appa calls an ambulance and the next thing I know I am being rushed to the hospital.

I wake up a few hours later.

"Omma? Appa? Where...?" I look around. I am still at the hospital and my headache is still there. It's the same small ringing of bells that won't go away.

"Oh sweet heart.." My Omma says,she is at the side of my bed, " you will be alright. I promise"

The doctor says to my mom," We retested her and we can only conclude her having a concussion. It is nothing serious. She just over-exerted herself is all." He looks over to me and smiles, " You need to get more rest, you got to excited and thats why you fainted." He looks back at my parents , " She should not have anymore head injuries in this state or the concussion could get much worse. So be very careful."

My parents and I thank the doctor, he exits the room and I talk to my parents, " Since when was Luhan engaged to Yoon Mi?" It wa the first thing to come to my mind.

They both look at me and my Omma says gently, " You should rest. I know you just regained your memory but its not good for you to retaliate so quickly."

"But Omma! I need to know!" I start to feel tears well in my eyes. " I want to talk to him.

She looks at me and tells me that its late, " You need to go to bed sweetie. It's 2 A.M. He can't talk now, You can call him tomorrow.." She kisses me on my forehead and before she leaves she tells me that I can leave the hospital tomorrow as well. Then the door clicks shut and I am alone. The lights are off but my mind is racing with thoughts and I can't sleep. I look out the window from my bed. The glowing lights of Seoul shimmer like stars off in the distance but for some reason they make me feel so sad right now. I feel the tears come back and my body feels heavy. My best friend is getting married, I should be happy but I can't stop the water from my eyes. I feel a tear plop on my hands and another. I bring my hands to my eyes and I feel myself sob. Why was I crying? I knew deep down I should be so happy that he is getting married, that he has someone to care for and love. My chest feels heavy and my breathing becomes ragedy

"Oh Luhan..." I sigh and I blink in surprise. I have a sudden realization. Only he can make me feel such thingsand I knew the only reason why I wasn't happy that he was getting married was because I wasn't the one he was marrying. It had taken me 21 years to realize that I love him. 21 years that have been spent loving him with out me realizing. I start to cry harder because I know that I am 21 years too late.

I look to the side of the bed and I see my phone. I reach for it and I dial the number I know by heart.

I hear a the phone ring once, twice I start to wonder if I was being rash and then, " Hello...?" His deep, sleepy, husky, voice brings a smile to my face.

"Good morning Luhan." I say

"Bwoh?! Do you have any idea what time it is?"

I nod but I forgot he couldn't see it.

"Anyway what did you need at this late hour? You wouldn't call unless you were in serious trouble. What did you do this time? are you drunk?" 

I smile and say, " I need to talk to you..but I don't want to say it over the phone. Can you meet me? I am at the hospita right now."

"What? Why are you at the hospital? Did something happen? Are you hurt? Are you ill? What should I do? Which hospital? I'll be right there."

I smile even wider. This was so Luhan. Worrying about everything. I give him my location and end the call. I slide off my bed and head out to the garden.I wander around the dark fields and find a bench. I sit and wait while I watch the stars. I look for a shooting star. I never found one before and I am hoping today was going to be the day. I hear the cracking leaves and turn to find Luhan there and out of breath.

"What's wrong? what did you need?"

I run and give him a hug. He hesitates but hugs me back.

"Luhan... Luhan.."

"Hey, what's wrong?" He says gently and pats my head. I can tell he is very worried.

"Luhan! Why are you getting married?!" I say abruptly.

"Huh?" He says surprised.

" Why? Do you know what Yoon Mi said to me?"

"What did she say?"

"She told me to stay away from you! I mean we are best friends! how can she say something like that?" I laugh a gentle laugh. Luhan says nothing and his face is perplexed. I look into his eyes and I stop smiling.

"Luhan?"

"Eun Mi. Maybe we should distance ourselves a bit. I am getting married soon. It wouldn't look right if we were so...close" And he drew away from me," I mean we are still best friends it's just I can't be so...close with another woman"

I close my eyes. I breathe a deep breath and exhale, " So, Im sorry, Im confused. you mean close as in relationship wise or close physically? because the way your saying it can mean either and we can't be 'Best friends' if we aren't 'close' "

He takes a deep breath too and I see he is struggling with words so I try and complete his answer," So you don't want to be friends with me? Did Yoon Mi tell you to say this?"

"No! no, its just.. Im getting married and its not fair to Yoon Mi if I was with you all the time. I still want to be friends with you but I can't keep the relationship we have now."

I feel so helpless. So stupid and more than anything I feel so alone. I want to cry. Here I am just realizing that I had fallen in love with my best friend and he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. And convienently he's getting married in less than a week!

I just nod my head." This is good bye then. And to my best friend if he is still there, I've had the most fun I have ever had with you my enitre life."

I turn and leave back to my room. He didn't follow me and I wished that he did. I wished that he called out my name like he used to when he made me upset and felt guilty. but then I remembered that I have never seen a shooting star so I knew my wishes would never come true.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCUmwZPBAWTtHc_6yaAEP

 

 

Hello Again! I forgot to add the authors note...SORRY! >.< I hope you guys like the plot and where it's going! Chapter 6 is coming along very soon! ^^ So please look foreward to it! Thank you to every one who is spending their time to read this fanfic! It means a lot to me! :) And as always please comment and subscribe! Any useful tips on how to make my story better is well apprieciated!

                                                                                                        - U.M. <3