Things Remembered

My Best Friend's Wedding

We stare at each other for what seems like the longest time.

"R-really?"  Luhan says dumbfounded.

I nod

"Eun Mi..." He looks at me seriously, "Are you sure?"

"I..I..." I shake my head I am so unsure of what to do. Tears swell in my eyes. "I know...that....I am a little bit late...but i think I love you..."

"...What do you mean think?"

"Well...I just have this feeling...that I just do...I don't think I ever told you...I have dementia"

He stares at me wide eyed, "you have what...?"

"It's an illness where I forget things over time..." The tears fall over..." I want to marry you but... What if I forget you?"

"Don't worry about that.. Everyday I will make you remember.. every waking hour you will see me and you will remember, I promise, I will make you remmeber and if you forget, I will remind you again and again.." He starts to cry as well. 

"Then... you will l ove me forever? Even if I forget you?"

"yes, forever."

 

30 years later

 

"Helloo? is anyone home? I came to visit!"

I glance at the door, " Who is that?"

"It's me! Chae jin!"

"oh hello" I call out, " Are you looking for Luhan?"

"yes" Chae Jin says.

Luhan walks out from another room, "Chae Jin! so good to see you!" He hugs the Chae Jin.

"I need to go speak with Chae Jin alright sweet heart? I'll be back soon."

"of course dear"

after Eun Mi is out of ear shot:

"she doesn't remember me any more huh? " Chae Jin says sadly.

"well I wouldn't say forgotten...She just has trouble remembering..."

"but you are the only personshe remembers."

"yes that is true, but I made a promise with her, that I would never let her forget me."

"oh that is so sweet!... I just wish it wasn't so bitter as well"

"well, things happen....By the way..where are the children?"

"oh they are in the car; they should be coming in soon" 

They head back into the room with Eun Mi in it

Eun Mi is sitting on a chair with two little children around her

"grandma! oh grandma!"

"oh hello children? how did you get in the house?"

"ki ki... grandma is so funny!" their little voices chirp.

Chae jin speaks up, "kids...do not speak to your grandmother that way"

Eun Mi looks at the two children. Their faces have a striking resemblance to a distant memory in the past. Once long ago, just like these two little children, there was another pair of kids. Although they were not blood related they grew up like siblings. There is a moment in time where they were playing in the snow, but that was another place all that is left is the faint memory of the laughter.

Eun Mi smiles and she looks at her husband. She still remembers those kids. 

 

 

Hello Hello! I AM SO SORRY THIS WAS SUCH A LATE UPDATE!! >.< THERE WAS A SCHOOL RELATED EMERGENY AND BAD EVENTS KEPT POPPING UP FROM THAT!!! but it is almost spring break now! yay! but its going to be so hectic that it will feel like a normal school week...WHY SCHOOL? ANYWAY I AM SO HAPPY TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE GOTTN THIS FAR!!! yes this story has ended for those of you wondering...i dont know what else to add any more... BUT I am happy to answer any questions left in the comment section below to straighten any confusion at what has happened!!!  AGAIN THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL AS THIS WAS A FUN EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS AS WELL!!! I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS THAT HAVE LIEK OR SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY!!! <333  THIS IS THE END.... BUT IT DOESNT MEAN GOODBYE!! maybe in the future I  will see you soon!!!

                                                                                               -Ultramaniac