Forgetful

My Best Friend's Wedding

Here I am on the floor weeping. How pathetic I must look. I cried for an hour and a half when my parents left. I thought to myself, "life is full of bad things."

After crying I sat for about another half hour on the floor thinking about my life. My adventures, my friends, all of course made me cry even more. Which then struck up a curiosity for the illness I had. I kneew of Demtntia but I have not heard of  Frontotemporal Dementia. I hopped onto my laptop and started researching on my reliable sources. I was a doctor after all, so I gave myself a self-diagnostic on what I really had. I wasn't a specialist on Dementias but I knew enough about them to fish out inaccurate facts about them. I had phoned my doctor on the details of my Dementia. It had only affected a small part of my brain so the symptoms were not as prominent but they were able to detect it thanks to the testing that took place on me yesterday. I am now thankful that Dr. Kim had recommended me to go and I was glad I did. Frontotemporal Dementia's symptoms include things such as memory loss, a personality or behavior change, and struggle with language.  There are treatments to make it better, but no cure.

My case was also a rare case my doctor says. Rarely anyone my age would get Dementia. I thought about people my age, living their lives with no care as I had once been. People my age, Ji Sun, Yoon Mi, and Luhan. I sat back in my chair and put my head back on the rest. I thought about my friends, should I tell them? That I have an illness in my brain that could make me forget everything about them? I think I should. I think I would. I thought about how and when. Obviously not this month, it would be to sudden. Also beacuse Ji Sun is out in the country side with her boyfriend staying in her villa until next week and Luhan and Yoon Mi are still on their honey moon. I hadn't bothered asking when they would come back but I hadn't planned be diagnosed with illness either. I thought longer, maybe I won't tell them. At least I won't tell Luhan and Yoon Mi, they want me to keep distance from them anyway, So what difference does it make if I forget them? It made a lot of difference, even if he didn't condsider us friends now, but he cannot deny that he was my best friend until his marriage; he has a right to know. I decided that when they come back I would tell them all together, just like how it used to be.

I got up off my chair and headed out my room. I decided that I needed another session of retail therapy. Just to forget the world right now,which was ironic hence I have a disease that made me forget things. I head to where my Omma was, which was the library, and told her that I would be shopping.

"Omma I am going shopping."

"Bwoh? Eun Mi you're sick!"

I look at her straight in the eyes, "I am fine! Look!" I perform an exaggerated twirl to show that I was fine, "Besides I could use some exercise and it's not like I am bed ridden..."

"But you will soon! People with Dementia eventually do!"

I give my Omma a sigh and started to headed out. I heard her say that she would send a car for me, and I smiled.

We got to the square, we as in the driver and I. I didn't really need a driver, the stores were less than the distance of my house to my old high school. I could walk and get there within 10 minutes. The square was something like an outdoor shopping mall. Stores lined the strip beside each other. Brand names occupied most of the streets and some lesser known ones at the corners.I told the driver to drop me off in front of the Gucci store. I had told him that I could get home myself, I would walk home I'd decided. I wanted to prove I was fine. I started off. I hopped onto the sidewalk. There was a little cafe at the end of the street, I have been shopping here many times and I always go there after my trips. It is my favorite and I am a regular there. I planned to get some after my shopping trip before I get home, their double chocolate cookie frappachino was to die for. I proceed to shop, I went into several stores, making random purchases along the way. After a good few hours of shopping, and a dozen shopping bags later, I decided to go home. I calculate the route in my head and start walking back. At first, I made turns and curves, sauntering about the roads, my destination clear in my head. But my confidence slowly shriveled as the streets became more and more unfamiliar. My pace came to a slow halt as I looked around for any familiarity. I have been here more than a thousand times but I have never seen this street before.

I look around anxiety starting to pit in my stomache, "Was I lost? " I thought to myself. Worry started to build every minute that passed as I wandered the pathways. The sun was starting to set and could see some stores already closing up. I started to panic, so I raced along the paved streets looking for any thing recognizable. I could feel tears form but I held them in as I hate to be seen crying in public. My teary vision blurred my eyes and before I knew it I was blindly darting around the streets. I feel an impact that knocked me from my feet and I fell on my bottom.

"Oww...ow..ow......." I slowly brought my teary gaze up to the object that caused me harm. A street light... I blushed when I heard snickers from around me. I got back up and bumped into another something. This time a person.

"Omo!" He says and he slowly turns around.

"Oh! I am SO sorry!" I bow a few times and look to see his face. He was a stranger. He was extremely tall and I dare say, he was VERY handsome. Too embarrassed that I had bumped into an attractive individual, I grab my bags and ran off without another word. He called something out but I ignored it. That was too awkward. I finally slowed and took a look about where I was. Rows of stores lined the pavement, accross the street was a Gucci store. Lost I thought, that was where I was. I finally thought of a brilliant idea, why don't I just call my Omma to pick me up? I laugh at myself for my stupidity, I could have avoided all the unseeming discomfort of public humiliation that happened just now with a phone call. I dig through my purse and snatch my phone. I quickly dial her number and tell her my situation. Five minutes later, a black car came to collect me and I thank the heavens for cellular devices. The driver takes my bags to put into the trunk and as I am getting into the car I smelled coffee from my favorite cafe...

 

 

 

Hello all of you! I apologize for the late update! I was going to finish this chapter a few days ago but my fingers started to hurt. but no more excuses I will upload the next chapter on time next time! >.< a BIG THANK YOU to my lovely SUBSCRIBERS!! you guys are so awesome!! <3 The number of subbies has increased so much since the last chapter so THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  Please like and subscribe if you would like! <3 much love to those who already have! And as always I Thank You all for taking the time to read this and the fanfiction! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writting it! Stay tuned for more to come of Eun Mi <3 I hope you are ready for what is in store!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Much Love -  Ultra Maniac <3