Nice To Meet You Again

My Best Friend's Wedding

 

 

After that phone call we go on several more dates. I enjoy his company, it almost seems to cover up a hollow feeling inside me but when our date is over, the emptiness comes rushing back. I really like Sehun, I do but I feel a strange feeling when I am with him. I brush off the feeling though. This has been going on for about a month. Not long after, Sehun surprises me.

We are on a date at a fancy resturant this time. He tells me that once in a while we should go so he could see me dressed up. The dinner is coming along fine, until I see Sehun take something from his pocket.

" Eun Mi?", he says quietly.

"Mweo?", I say.

"I have something I want to ask you.." He says nervously.

" Alright then...you can ask me...?"

" Well..." he takes out his mysterious item from under the table and reveals it to me, its a little light blue box," Eun Mi. I really like you... I have a feeling that we are going to be together for a long time..." he pauses profusedly blushing ," I really, really like you Eun Mi... Would you do me the honor of..." He opens the box, and I see the contents.

"Omo.." I whisper.

"Being my girlfriend?" He finally says. Inside the box was a dainty little necklace in the shape of a heart. It was made of white gold and embelished with diamonds.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEFmbzAn00WEqJgUXNNE0

" Omo...Omo.." I say. 

"You don't have to give me an answer right away! Please think about it carefully." he says but due to my hesitation I could tell he was getting worried.

I give a little giggle, " Aha! Omo.. I thought you were going to Propose! Omo.."

He looks kind of shocked and gets flustered, " Um.. We could..but..." I see his struggle and laugh a bit more.

"Oh no! It's my fault for assuming!" I think about Sehun. Why he seemed to only fill the void in my chest whenever he is around. He makes me forget bad things, but when he goes it comes again. So if I stay with him for a longer period of time. maybe this feeling will die away...this emptiness.

"So... About your answer, if you could I would like to hear your reply as soon as possible." 

"Yes...."

" Because I want to announce it at the ball next Saturday.. IF it's a yes.." his voice slowly goes quieter to a mumble.

"Yes!" I laugh and I give him a smile.

"Wait.. Yes as in being my girlfriend or..?"

"Yes!" I stand up and rush to his side of the table and give him a big hug.

"So are you my girlfriend now?" He questions me.

I look at him and bury my face in his chest, the bitter feeling is away, I nod and muffle, "yes."

The days come and go as we go on our dates, as Official Boyfriend Girlfriend status. It's not long until the night of the ball comes. I go dress shopping with my Omma and tell her about my relationship with Sehun.

"MWEO? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" My Omma starts to jump up and down with glee, " OH this is Perfect! When will you announce you're dating?" 

"Tommorrow night." I say

" Oh so soon! We must dress you appropriately! Put those horrendous dresses down! Let's go to a better store! you have to look your best!!" My Omma is getting overly excited.

"Omma It's Fine-" she grabs my arms and tells me to pick out shoes, that she will buy the dress instead. I try to object but end up losing as it always is when I comes to shopping and fashion. Not even done choosing my shoes my Omma comes bouncing back with ten different dresses. I shake my head. My Omma scolds me for choosing ugly shoes and buys pairs matching the dresses she bought. I watch in disbelief.

In the car she was saying, " I bought multiple dresses for you so that you can choose your dress with Sehun! So you guys can match!"

I shake my head again, " Omma...I think you are little to excited."

"Why wouldn't I? Ever since we found out about your-.... Never mind! Just let me have this moment! My baby has a Boyfriend!"

"It's not like I haven't had ones before." I say.

"Well. I have a GOOD feeling about this one. Plus I will be related to my best friend!" She says.

"Whatever....." I sigh.

We return to the house and she makes me call Sehun to tell him to come over before I even get out of the car. I dial his number and tell him what happened. He laughed and said he would come over in ten minutes. I apologized for bothering him but he said it was fine. And in ten minutes on the dot Sehun was at my door ringing the bell. He enters and greets my family and walks up to my room. 

"Hey!" I say.

He smiles and in turn sits on the love seat in the front of my room. "So.. Are you wearing that to the ball?" He jokes and points at my pink pyjamas with little deer on them.

I laugh "no... wait here I'll be right back!" I change into the first dress, a lavender gown that had cute roses on the shoulder.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcUjSKJ_lX6bc0Mqg6Mck

I step into the room with the matching shoes and wait for the critique. 

"Well?"

"Not bad..."

I try on the other dresses and we narrow it down to two dresses. One of them a beautiful lace gown with hints of crystals and a black one with gold accents. I am wearing the white one and asks Sehuns opinion.

" I kind of like the black one more. It makes you look y." He smiles at me, " But then again you look y in a lot of things."

I release a laugh, " Yeah and I have seen a flying pig.. I'm not y.." I look into the mirror and examine myself. An odd sensation in my chest unfurls as I feel a sense of deja vu. I my head to the side. Wondering what it was that was so familiar at that moment. 

"So the white dress is a no?"

" Can I see the black one again?" I quickly throw it on and present myself.

"Perfect." He says. Perfect. Something about thins moment seems so familiar as if it happened in a dream...or a memory.

The next night I arrive together with Sehun instead of with my parents to announce our relationship. Photographers snap as we walk along the entry way and wave. We enter the ball room and its filled with people from corporations and things of the sort. As we manuever through the crowd I see a familiar bobing head.

I get excited and exclaim, " Ji Sun!" and I wave towards her direction. She turns her head and her eyes widen. She runs over and hugs me so tightly I felt like she would squeeze my insides out.

"Omo! Where have you BEEN?!"

"Haha! Where have YOU been?"

"I was on vacation! But you already knew that, You never called me or anything!"

" Oh I was.. busy." I hesitated a bit not wanting to tell her about my illness.

"I can see that!" and she gestures behind me. I turn and I gasp a little bit surprised. Sehun was a bit far away but close enough to where you can see

"Oh Um.. This.. This is.."

"Oh Sehun! No way! But how? When? where? WHY?" 

"I tell you later when we have more time"

Right then I saw another figure just as familiar Tall and very handsome. But I couldn't make out his name... He was with a girl. He looked over in my direction and smiled. He whispered into the girls ear and she nodded and they separated. He started over to us and when he was near enough to hear, he said 

"Hey...Long time no see!" 

I give an awkward glance towards Ji Sun Who was smiling with no care.

"Uh.. Hi"

"Listen I need to talk to you ... about something.."

What did this person mean? He was so familiar yet so distant. I hear foot steps come up and Sehun is behind me. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Hey Luhan... It's been a while" he says to the familiar stranger. The empty void I felt exploded in my chest and tummy and I didn't know why.

 

 

Hey Guys! Sorry for the late updates recently schol started and as of this moment I am supposed to be doing my homework... -_-" I will try to update as frequent as I can but until the next break comes I feel that the chapters will come inconsistantly just a bit. BUT i will work hard on each chapter so you enjoy them! As always thank you for reading this and the fanfic and I hope you enjoyed this chapter as I did writting! 

                                                                                                                                           Happy School Days! - U.M.