No Surprises

My Best Friend's Wedding

I look around my room while on my bed. My white furniture in the room and my pink walls gave me a warm welcome. I slide out of bed, my head was banging against my skull walls. What happened? 

"Omma..." I say barely audible. Then a sudden burst sounded of opening doors.

"Oh my gosh! Sweetie!" Omma says tears in her eyes, "I thought you would never wake up!" I smile at my Omma, she always exaggerated everything. Even when I was going on an overnight field trip with my class, she starting crying hysteically and packed enough clothes for me to last a month. Not to mentin she hired secret agents to hide around the location we were going to.

I shake my head," Omma you always exaggerate. See? Im fine." I twirl around in my night glown and it flows in a perfect circle.

"Oh my Baby.." She starts to rub my head, " Are you hungry? Thirsty? Ye Jun! get her some food and water! A hot towel as well!" Ye Jun was one of the live in help at our home.

"Omma I am fine!"I laugh, " Why are you so worked up?" She stills and remains quiet. The door opens a second time and enters Luhan and Yoon Mi.

I look at them, " Why are all of you here? Is there something going on?" Every one remains quiet, " Come on! What happened?"

"Nothing! You've got it wrong! Nothings going on at all right everyone?" Luhan says.

I was so suspicious, I thought about it for a second and could not help but smile, " If this is about my birthday coming up, I don't need presents.."

they all gave each other a LOOK and then Omma said, " Sweet heart... oh my poor baby...." She starts to tear up again and Iam confused as ever.

"Why? What's wrong?"

" It's nothing. Come along lets get dressed shall we? We have an important party to be at this evening and you wouldn't want to go in that would you?" Luhan points at my floral night gown.

"No I wouldn't!" I smile at Luhan, "want to help me pick out a dress?"

Luhan looks perplexed and starts saying  " I shouldn't-" butgets cut off by Yoon Mi saying," He would LOVE to help you pick out a dress, he would know what suits you, heis your best friend after all."

Luhan gives Yoon Mi a look but follows me into my walk in closet anyway. I begin to rummage through my excessive collection of dresses, most of which I donate to charity after I wear them. Why would I keep a dress that I would only wear once?

"Is the pink or purple dress better?" I say holding up two lace gowns.

Luhan doesn't say anything and I ask again," Oh sorry I was thinking about something..."

"I can see that, Come on we don't have time!" I say 

"White, you know I think white looks the best on you." He gives me a warm smile and I reciprocate ," hmmm... I think you're right" I put down the two dresses and select two white ones from the closet. I lift up each to my body to make a decision. I turn to face Luhan and show him the one I chose.

He nods and smiles, "Perfect" 

I give myself a mental pat on the shoulder, " You sure know how to make a girl feel special. The day when you get married that girl will be super lucky."

Luhan looks down at his hands deep in thought. He remembers the doctors exact words.

"Because of the concussion from the fall she has seem to have gotten amnesia. She doesn't seem to remember anything that has happened since her landing in Korea. She will slowly regai her memories back and you can resume life as normal but for now I advise you not to do anything that would stimulate her memories as it would cause her temporal lobe to errupt causing major brain damage and possibly death due to the major impact on her head. As long as you don't surprise her with shocking news or strong emotions she should be able to ease back into normal life.Just treat her as you normally would prior to these past few hours and don't shock her with any news thats bound to get her excited in any way."

Luhan shook his head slightly. That means she didn't know about his engagment to Yoon Mi. How was he supposed to act normal when he hadn't talked to her in about four years? Minus the occasional chats online.

"Luhan?" Eun Mi's voice interrupted his thoughts.She entered back into the room after changing into the dress. Eun Mi wore a white dress that flowed elegantly down to the floor, the sweet heart neckline lined with crystals complimented her even shoulders and full chest. Not that Luhan didn't like how it looked, but he was engaged to be married! He shouldn't be thinking of how other ladies looked to him! Especially Eun Mi. Especially, specifically her. Nevertheless he appreciated how the cut out of the waist bodice showed just enough skin to keep her modesty and how the slit of the skirt revealed traces of her long legs everytime she moved.

uvtge5-l-c335x335-dress-white-dress-lace

The heels she wore accentuated them even more adding height that she didn't need. He was thankful that he had grown over the summer of first year university. With her heels on now the top of her head hit to about his shoulder. Otherwise with her heels on, if he hadn't grown any cm since the time he was in high school, they would be the same height. She looked stunning. Besides her messy bun that she had scrunched her long flowy hair into to keep out of her way, she was gorgeous. She didn't need makeup to cover her flaws because she had none. She definently got lucky with the genes.

"You look lovely," he says.

"Why thank you very much!" She smiles.

"Come on, Let's get your hair done,"

She nods and gets ready to get her hair done.

 

 

Eun Mi liked to get compliments like any other person would. But something about getting form Luhan made her feel satisfied. As if because they had known each other for so long they knew the truth about one another and she knew that whenever Luhan complimented her on something, that it was the truth. Even if it wasn't a compliment, even insults from Luhan, she knew that whatever he was saying was so that she could get better at it. That was one of the things she loved about her best friend, he was honest. 

Now that the preparations for getting ready were finished, Eun Mi headed off to take a shower. She turned the crystal knob to turn the shower on and tested the tempurature. She hopped in without hesitation as she loved a nice hot shower. She sang the theme to one of the many Kdramas that she watches while in the shower and with that last note she finished. She dried off and went to put on her underwear but realized that the were gone. She figured in her hurry to get into the shower she had forgotten her undies. No problem! she forgot all the time. She wrapped herself in her towel and went to retrieve another pair. She walked to the door and opened it wide. She walked through but hit something just a few steps out the bathroom doors. To her surprise Luhan was frozen in front of her holding her undies in one hand and holding up his other as of to knock on the door. 

"Uhm... I was looking for you and I found these on the floor.." Luhan says in a semi-monotone. She could tell that he was trying hard not ot make this awkward. She didn't see why it would be. They used to take baths together and he has seen her in much more revealing swimsuits than her wrapped towel.

"Oh thanks.." She says evenly. She reaches out with both hands but then the towel without the support slipped off her body and landed in the floor. They both looked at the towel with wide eyes and paused for a few seconds. Luhan did his absolute best not to look up and in the moments that seemed like time froze Eun Mi just stared at the towel. After the few seconds had gone, Eun Mi's eyes slowly raise to Luhan's whose gaze was no longer on the towel. Eun Mi Shrieked at the top of her lungs and ran back into the bathroom. she stood in the middle of her large bathroom by herself and reflected on the scene that had just happened. She then realized again that she had no underwear. She was devising a plan on how she would somehow get the undergarments through force and it was then that she heard a soft knock on the door.

" You forgot these.." A hand slide through a crack of the door and hooked on one finger was her undies.

she grabbed for them, " Thanks..." and the door clicked shut.

She stood and thought to herself why she had even thought of such a silly plan, it was LUHAN here, he would not do anything to her. She started to giggle. a little at first and then uncontrolably, she didn't even bother that Luhan would hear because she knew that he was laughing too. That was so incredibly funny! These are the moments that you would remember having with your best friend. You would keep it as a secret just between the two of you and laugh about it when you got older for the rest of your lives.

 

 

Hello Everyone! I hope you are enjoying the story do far! I am totally loving this right now and I have a lot planned for it! Hope you stay tuned for the rest and thank you for your time! Chapter 4 is coming along! WHOOOO!! hope you guys are excited! and as always thank you for reading my Fanfic! 

                                                                                                                                                                      -U.M.