Blind Date?

My Best Friend's Wedding

I sit in the car wondering at which point I had gotten lost at. I have been there a hundred times and have been to every store. Every street was vague and the more I tried to remember where I was the harder it was for me to recollect. I stare out the window watching the street lights dim glow cast over the city as we drove home. I am feeling relieved and stale. The relaxing feeling of getting something over with over my body. Even though I hadn't done anything except get lost. My eyes get heavy yet I am not sleepy. As tired as I may be, I wasn't feeling like going to sleep. My body was sore from all the walking (Not to mention our little mishap earlier). We get home and I tell the driver to bring my bags to my room. With a nod I walk into the house.

My Omma greets me, "Eun Mi! I have GREAT NEWS!"

I stop to give her a kiss on the cheek and reply, "Of what?"

"Well, With all this depressing news around lately,"she paused, I could tell she was holding it in," I had this BRILLIANT idea!"

I look at her with a question marking my face. She calmed herself down and looked at me totally serious.

" I was thinking... maybe you should consider getting married?"

My mouth drops open,"BWOH?! OMMA WHAT?!" 

"It doesn't have to be marriage! How about dating?"

"Omma! No! I..." I shake my head. Sometimes I dont understand what my Omma is thinking!"

"Eun Mi, I just want you to be happy!"

"I'll be happy if you just stop worrying! I am not going to die or anything! I'll just have....bad memory"

She shook her head, "I just thought it would take your mind off of it. I want you to live a normal life, You're my baby." 

I heard her voice crack. I know she loves me. I know she wants best for me. But what I don't know is why she thinks marrying someone would make me happy. The only man that could make me happy was.... I shake my head. Maybe This is what I needed to move on. I thought about it again.

"Omma...", She looks up," I'll do it."

She burst out, "Eun Mi! Oh I am so happy I-"

"I am not getting married though."

She settles down a bit but grins excitedly, "That is fine I just want you to take your mind off some...Things. This is so great! This is Perfect!"

"What's perfect?" I say instantly regetting what I had gotten myself into.

"Well... " she starts, "I might have a date planned for you already." SHe smile sweetly.

"Omma! I cant believe you!" 

"You won't go?" She says, wide eyed

I sigh to myself, "I'll go.."

"Great! its this saturday! He will come pick you up at noon.I think you will like the boy very much! He's the son of a good friend of mine and he is just your age!" She smiled to herself as if she had accomplished something extraordinary.

"But that is tomorrow!" She nods as if perfectly reasonable. I shake my head," if I don't like him, I am going to leave and you can't set me up with anymore dates."

"Oh I am sure you will absolutely adore him!"

'Sure I will', I mutter to myself and walk off to my room. It's not that my Omma has bad tastes in men. I considered my Appa handsome back in his days. But I was just worried about how he mightsee me. I have an illness that makes me forget things. What if he thinks I will forget him? Not that it matters since I haven't met him but what if, in the smallest chance that I actually like this guy, I won't want to forget? That is what makes me scared. And it's not only this blind date (That I MIGHT enjoy), But everything. What if I forget important things like my family? Or the simple things like brushing my teeth or tying my shoes? I will meet someone and forget they ever existed. That thought ate me up inside to the point where I felt sick. I wanted to throw up and when I got to my room I did. (In the toilet of course). 

I left the bathroom after freshening up a bit. I look to my coffee table to find my shopping bags from earlier. I rummage through my findings. A few odds and ends at various brand stores and boutiques.my favorite piece I found was an simple ballerina dress that was sweet and girly. It hit mid-thigh and was my favorite color. Pink.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0NSXv5vTQokt8BVPtVrC

 I decided that this was the dress I would wear to my 'date'. I loved it so much I wanted to wear it as soon as possible. I planned to tell this guy that I had Dementia right away so if he wanted to leave I had no problem with it. I set my dress onto the back of my vanity chair and thought about how I would do my make up. I thought of something soft and natural would suit the dress best and I thought a pair of strappy sandal heels would finish the outfit perfectly. A few accessories here and there and Voila! An ensemble is born. I set out all of the items out by my chair so I am prepared. 

Tomorrow rolls around pretty quickly since I did nothing but watch 'The Irregular at Magic High School' all night. I was always into anime way more than I was into dramas. I turn towards my clock and it read 9:24 A.M. I had quite a while before my 'date'. I let out a yawn but I covered it with my hand. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to look for some breakfast. I finished my food quite efficiently. I can't say I wasn't a little excited for the 'date'. I loved getting ready for occasions whether it be a picnic or a ball. It was just fun. I head up to my room and on my way I see my Omma. 

I smile," Good Morning!" 

"Oh Eun Mi you look energetic today! I assume its your excitement for todays date?"

"I'd be lying of I told you wasn't a bit excited.." I look down playfully ashamed.

"Well that is good to hear! He had called me earlier to say he would be coming a bit early. So you had better get ready soon."

"Really? I shall go then! But Omma, What is his name?"

"Oh..Why don't you let him introduce himself? His way of greeting is very charming." She smiled brightly at me.

"Ok I will be getting ready if you should need me."

I head up stairs to my room and immediately start to get ready. Omma said he would be early but not specifically what time so I had to approximate. I jumped in and out of my shower in a flash. I threw my hair in a towel and wrapped it on top of my head I put on my 'unmentionables' and my dress. I start putting on my make up. A dewy base, Natural eyes with pink cheeks and gradient lips. I let my wet hair down and blow dry it. I start to curl my hair, a natural, loose type curl and two-thirds of the way finished I hear the door bell. I rush to curl my last few sections and as the I hear the knock on my door, I spritzed on my favorite perfume and was out the door. I was absolutely ready for this 'date'.

I meet my Omma in the foyer and standing next to her I find to see a familiar face. Tall and handsome, dressed in a dark suit. 

I think to myself, " Wooooww, Nice work Omma!" It was then I remembered that face. The familiarity slamming me in the face like walking into a light pole. My face flushed with embarrassment as I try to smile to greet him. I was not ready for this date. 

 

 

Hello my lovely subbies! Thank you for reading this chapter! <3 I am so excited to bring to you *drumroll please* A new character! I am so excited to bring you guys the next chapters to come and I hope you stay tuned for it all! And as always THANK YOU for upvoting, commenting and subscribing <3 I hope you enjoyed reading as I did writting! If you haven't already Please subscribe! and upvote if you'd like! Thanks again and see you guys next chapter 

Btw Leave in the comments who you think might be the new character! It MIGHT influence my plot! ^^

                                                                                                                                                                               Much Love  - Ultra Maniac <3