If Only it Were True

My Best Friend's Wedding

We look at eachother for a long while. I smile back at him.

"Congratulations on your marriage." I say and give him a sincere smile.

"Eun Mi...", He attempted to say something after but didn't. He looks down at his shoes.

"Luhan...," He looks up back at me," I'll be alright." I turn and start to leave and I stop. I had a feeling this is the last time I will see him, the last time we will ever have anything like we did before. I run back to him and he looks surprised. I grab his shoulders and I give him a sweet little kiss on his cheeks. I release him from my hold and suddenly motion draws me back, he held me in his arms and I feel his lips on mine. At first I was surprised and then I started to feel ease. It felt so right to be here with Luhan. It was the most natural feeling. he drew me closer deepening our kiss until we both heard the door open. We separated so fast it was like the speed of light. We turn towards the door and I feel blood rush to my face. Yoon Mi walks into the room and pauses when she sees me.

"Eun Mi...What are you doing here?" She has this cold tone in her voice.

"I was just..congratulating Luhan...on your marriage." I couldn't look her in the eyes. Not because I was afraid of her but I couldn't bare to look at the women who was going to take my love away.

"Oh well I need to talk to Luhan about some.... Things" she put an emphasize on 'things' and i knew exactly what she meant. I glared at her but right at that moment she took Luhan and wrapped her arms around his neck. And planted a kiss on his lips. I looked away. The lips that just a moment ago I was kissing. I held my breath and gave a sarcastic smile.

"Well you guys are sure comfortable with public displays of affection." I look at Luhan and he was looking at Yoon Mi. My heart sank. I couldn't think of what aspect of her was lovable. I mean before when she was a quiet sweet girl, any sane man would fall head over heels with her. but now she showed her true colors and only psychos would love her. I wanted to punch her in the face but I wouldn't. Jealousy always led to bad endings. So instead I left. I didn't want to be the bad guy in this situation.

" Congratulations...," I looked at Luhan, "... Good Bye." I turned and walked away.  Once I got to the hallway I started to run. I couldn't take this. I got into my car and sped off. To where? I don't know. I just needed to get away from everything. Tears started to blur my eyes and before I knew it I felt them drop non-stop. I get onto the free way and I drive aimlessly. I signal to exit. I eventually end up at the wedding chapel an hour and a half early... no one was here yet and I could see the wedding decorators hurrying along to finish. I walk along the aisle I close my eyes.

As I am walking down the aisle I can feel the stares at me but my attention is turned to the front of the church. Luhan was standing there smiling and I feel my eyes start to water. They were so full of love. I walk towards the front and I feel my dress pulling at my legs cascading along in a train. The gems of my jewelry shimmer in the light being poured in through the windows of the church. I see Luhan sigh and smile in delight. I smile back. The voices and whispers don't faze me as all my attention is on one person right now. I am focusing on every last aspect of his face and I think to myself " I love this man so much". He smiles and says something that I can't hear. Another moment passes and I see him leaning in for a kiss. I pucker my lips and close my eyes. I wait for a moment and when I don't feel his lips on mine, I open my eyes again. I suffer a shock to reality. I am sitting in the pews in the the midst of my parents and other company owners. I am watching Luhan lean to Yoon Mi and puts on her ring and she reciprocates. My heart sinks into a black hole. If only that was me...

ex-getting-married.jpg

 

 

Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update! I finally figured out how to put pictures on here! YAY! I hope you guys are enjoying this fanfic to the fullest and I thank you all very kindly for reading this! I know this chapter is a bit short but I hope it packed a punch!! :) As always I am open to any helpful ideas that you guys suggest that you guys want to see in the story.  ^^ Thank you all for taking your time to read this! and I got to 20 subscribers! yay! Please don't forget to subscribe and up vote if you would like! ^^ It is very appreciated!! Thank you guys for reading this!! I appreciate it so much! THANK YOU AGAIN! I hope you guys enjoyed and stay tuned for what happens next! ONTO CHAPTER NINE!!! YAYAYAY!!! ^^

P.S the picture is of a little girl but I thought that the image was so suiting to the chapter so I added it! IMAGINE that its Eun Mi ^^

                                                                                          Much Love - U.M.