Long Distance

My Best Friend's Wedding

"Bwoh!? Luhan!? No way! No way!" I shake my head, " You're not Luhan. Luhan was very little and girly.."

"Well I have grown up now. What did you expect? That I would stay the same size forever? And I was not girly!" He says in a deep voice.

"Omo... Really...If you are Luhan then what was our favorite thing to do in the summer time?"

He pauses to think and chuckles, " Well YOUR favorite thing to do was catch the cicadas at the summer house, I never liked bugs...still don't" He says and gives off a shiver at the thought of bugs.

"You are Luhan!" I exclaim, "You're so DIFFERENT now.. And a lot more taller! Wow! and here I was worried that you would never pass my height!" I laugh and go in to give him a hug.

He awkwardly hugs back," Uhm... Eun Mi..."

"Alright alright break it up!" Ji Sun says in the back jokingly, " Eun Mi, you know better than to lay your hands on another woman's fiance!"

"Fiance?" I say confused. I recollect my thoughts and realized that the engagement was between my two closest friends," BWOH?! Since when?!?!"

"Wow Eun Mi, and I thought we were best friends.." Luhan sighs teasingly of course.

"Well with me living in the states and being so busy, I couldn't keep up with the latest events!" I say starting to get a little annoyed that he is saying stuff like that. In a jokingly manner, it wasn't bad.. but I wasn't used to Luhan not being serious, "Seriousy how did you two get together?!"

"Well It's kind of a long story.." Yoon Mi says in the back, I felt bad because I totally forgot she was there. Thinking back, when we were kids she was always a little more than careful to not get into any trouble. She and Luhan were so alike in many ways. She was quiet and delicate, who followed all the rules and did what she was told. I always used to tell her to come out of her shell and have an adventure. I have to admit out of our group of friends she was the "good" one. Luhan was the same but now I am starting to think he has changed sinceI was gone.

"I want to tell the story can I?!" Ji Sun perky voice interrupted my thoughts, "It really is sweet how these two got together! It was actually around the time you left Eun Mi."

She starts to tell the story of how Luhan saved Yoon Mi from having to get into an arranged marriage.

"You see, You know our Yoon Mi. She can't hurt a fly and when she heard that she was to be married to a strange guy, while still in high school I might add, she accepted within a heart beat because she didn't want to disapoint her parents. Luhan went to their home and talked to her dad about her real feelings on this marriage. Funny thing was her dad started crying because he didn't want her to get married either and expected her to reject the marriage. He was shocked that she had accepted the proposal." Ji Sun explained, "And we after that little misunderstanding these two love birds got super close and hung out with each other everyday. kind of like you did back then but then after a while they started to date and 4 years later Tada! They are going to get married!" Ji sun started to clap her hands. I didn't realized how long that story was until I looked out the floor to ceiling window of the resturant. It was pitch dark

I look at Yoon Mi and to Luhan, who had moved to stand closer to Yoon Mi. This was kind of crazy but I could feel this nudging inside of me saying that " I should be the one standing there" But I disregarded the thought because I knew I could never think of Luhan that way.

"This is kind of shocking." I say," Not to be rude or anything of course butI never would have expected you two getting together."

"I know right? It was very unexpected." Luhan says, " But I knew when I asked for her hand that she was the one." He took her hand and smiled warmly at Yoon Mi. Which shifted uncomfortably but still held his hand.

" I know! how about we celebrate Eun Mi's return and Yoon Mi's and Luhan's engagement by having a little something to drink?"

We all head towards the cocktail bar.

"Can I get a Pina Colada please?" I say, the bar tender nods and gives a smile. He didn't look much older than us. In fac he looked our age. He was cute in a boyish kind of way. I smile back.I noticed that Luhan was watching this little look exchange between me and the bar tender. I didn't think of it much especially after I had a few more drinks. The older guests had left by this time and the more youthful guest knew that there was always an after party. The younger guest were spread all along the dance floor and tables convesing and having fun. With another Pina Colada in my hand I start to head towards to dance floor. I down the drink and place it on a tray being carried by the staff. I start dancing and twirling. Suddenly my head starts to spin as well and I lose my balance. I hit my head on a tray of a passing staff member and I remember feeling disoriented. I feel strong hands on my waist and shoulders and I feel myself being lifted up.

" Clear out of the way she fainted!" Luhan's voice boomed in my ears making my headache worse.

I wake up the next morning in my big fluffy bed with no recollection of what happened before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello there! Maniac here! lolz that sounds weird. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this little chapter! Thank you so much for reading it and I hope you are excited for whats in store because I sure am! Because summer break is here ( at least for my school ) I am hoping to update more frequently and hope you stay tuned for this heart wrenching story that I have planned! ^^ again thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!