19: Birthday Party

| R E M E M B E R | P A R T T W O |

Yunhee walked beside Jiyong as she took him to the dining room. Each footstep she took, she could hear heart pounding hard against her chest. For almost nine years, he had never contact her around her birthday or any other day and yet here he was, beside her on her 23rd birthday. Sure, he came on his own accord or memory, but he was here. She glanced at him, taking in his features. '... is this a dream or a cruel joke...?'

As the two stepped into the dining room; all eyes on them, all of them surprised. Jiyong looked around with a large smile on his face. He turned to Yunhee. "You seem to be very popular." he commented; all she could do was nod in response.

"Hyung!" cried Seungri. "What are you doing here?"

Jiyong cocked his head to the side. "Daesung-ah sent me the text to be here for her birthday; was I not suppose to be invited?"

Everyone turned to Daesung as he slapped his forehead. "I'm sorry! I just sent most people that text!"

Jiyong frowned and turned to the birthday girl. "Was I not supposed to be invited?"

She stared at him, an unreadable expression on her face. She looked at his face then the faces of all the other people around her. 'Jiyong-ah, I always wanted you to be here for my birthday.' She thought, but she couldn't say that out loud. "Jiyong-ah, you're my friend; there's no reason that you shouldn't have been invited."

Taeyang, knowing her better than anyone else in the room, cleared his throat. "Well, since this is a party," he smiled, "let's get this started! Come on Yunhee-ya, you have to blow off the candles of your cake!"

Mostly everyone nodded and smiled, crowding around the birthday girl and cake, happily singing together. After an hour, Yunhee excused herself to get some fresh air. Everyone had their eyes on both Jiyong and Kyuhyun, trying to see who would be the first person to go out there with her. When Kyuhyun stood up from his seat, Jiyong's hand was already on the handle.

Jiyong took a step outside the door and just stood there, staring at the girl in front of him. She hadn't realized that someone was now on the front porch with her and continued to stare out into the moonlit ocean in front of her. Jiyong quietly closed the door behind him and leaned against it, watching her. He took in how some strands of her hair would move from the light breeze and how the full moon reflected off of her eyes. As he watched her, he felt this tingle in his heart. He felt like he'd been in this situation before but he shook the thought out of his head, knowing that this was only the second time he had ever met her.

He walked up to her and stood next to her, leaning his elbows against the railing. "It's nice out here." he commented. 

Yunhee turned her head towards him, a small smile forming on her lips. "It really is." she replied, turning her attention back towards the moon.

Jiyong turned his head slightly towards her, watching her every movement from the corner of his eyes. He watched her slowly steady breathes, how her eyes twinkle as she watched the stars and moon above them and how that small smile lingered on her face. He forced himself to look forward again to prevent himself from leaning close to her and probably give her a kiss.

He reach inside his pocket and pulled out a small black velvet jewelry box and held it out to her. She turned and looked at the box then back to him. He smiled. "Happy birthday, Yunhee-ya."

She eyed the box before she carefully took it into her hands. Slowly, she opened the box and gasped when she saw the necklace inside. She lightly touched the silver double-stranded chain then slowly her fingers traveled down to open heart in the middle. She looked back up to him, a thankful smile on her lips. "Thank you, Jiyong-ah. It's beautiful."

He smiled back at her then took the necklace out of the box and went behind her. Yunhee reached back and pulled up her hair then he easily clasp the necklace and kept his hands on her shoulders. She let go of her hair and gently placed one hand on his as the other touched her heart pendent. "Really, thank you for this." 

Jiyong chuckled. "It really was no problem." He gently squeezed her hand then looked up at the sky. "You know, you can see the stars more clearly on top of YG."

The smile that was once on her face had disappeared as she looked down at the ground. "... really now...?"

"Yup. I should show you one day, Yunhee-ya."

'It's not the same as keeping your promise though.' She turned around and looked up at him, her eyes fully reflecting her own sadness. She reached up, carefully holding his face between her palms.

He looked down at her, confused about her sudden action. "Yunhee-ya?"

She didn't say anything; she continued to stare at him for a moment then she closed her eyes and let him go. "I would really like to see it one day, Jiyoung-ah. I really do."


---


Sorry for the long update. :(

I'm still currently visiting family from out of state [went to California to spend my winter break! :D] and I ended up staying an extra week. So, I'd been coming in and coming out and I stayed up late last night to work on this chapter [and that I had to wait for my clothes to dry at three in the morning]. 

Word of advice - don't do laundry around midnight and expect to finish within an hour. Within three hours maybe.

Anyway, I'll see if I can write another chapter for this later on in the week or something. If not, I'll update once I'm back at my university.

Also, Happy Belated Holidays to all my readers! :D