18: Seeing the old family again and surprises

| R E M E M B E R | P A R T T W O |

Yunhee stayed inside the car, staring at the house through her window. Ever since she moved into to the family's beach house with her grandmother, she haven't seen any other member of the Kwon family besides Jiyong, and when he stopped contacting her, the only time she would see him would be when he was on stage, shining like a bright star.

Yunhee didn't know how she was feeling at the moment. Today had just been a whole day of encountering one Kwon after another and yesterday she was actually face-to-face with Jiyong himself. "Yet, the only one that didn't recognize who I was was you, Jiyong-ah." she sighed.

After a few moments, there was a tap on the window. Yunhee looked and saw that Dami was waiting outside for her and motioned her to get out. Yunhee unfastened the seatbelt and stepped out of the car. She peered over Dami to the front door where a couple stood. The woman had her hand over and looked like she was about to cry while the man looked at Yunhee with such kindness.

Yunhee took a deep breath and walked up to them, stopping a little and politely bowed at a ninety degree angle. "It's nice to see you again, aunty, uncle."

Jiyong's mother, Hyunae, shook her head, pulled Yunhee up and hugged her tightly. "Yunhee-ya!" she cried. Yunhee was startled but then hugged her back.

"Aunty, I'm back, there's no reason to cry!" Yunhee said, trying to comfort her, but Hyunae continued to cried.

"Here, let's all set inside and talk about this over tea." said Jiyong's father, Daeho. Both him and Dami was able to get Hyunae off of Yunhee and they went inside. 

Yunhee walked into the house, remembering all the times, as a child, that she would run into to house. Sure, it was a different house then the one that was next door to hers, but the feel of the place was exactly the same as when she was a child. She looked at the picture frames that littered the place; it was mostly pictures of Jiyong as he grew up to be a fine young man and of Dami as she grew up to be a beautiful young lady. She walked over, picking up a frame of the two siblings together.

"We don't have any of the pictures with you in it anymore." sighed Dami as she stood behind Yunhee.

"Why's that?" she asked, putting the frame back to where it belonged.

"Well... it's complicated, I guess. You know how Jiyong-ah is and such." she answered.

Yunhee frowned. "That's the one thing that I don't understand. Why is it that Jiyong-ah is the only one who can't seem to remember much of me?"

"That's our fault that he's like that." answered Hyunae.

"What do you mean?"

Daeho sighed. "Let us explain."


Yunhee sat in the car with a frown on her face. She finally left the Kwon household after spending hours there. She found out a lot about what had happened within the last couple of years since she had lost contact with the Kwon family, but it all gave her a headache thinking about everything. Now, Dami was taking her home since Taeyang and Kyuhyun had called her to come home. Dami parked outside her house besides the other cars.

"Are you sure you won't come in?" asked Yunhee.

Dami nodded. "I have somewhere I have to be. Yunhee-ya, take care of yourself. The next time I want to see you, I want more meat on your bones!"

"I'll make sure that Youngbae-ya takes me to the gym later on." Dami laughed. Yunhee got out of the car and waved to her until she was out of sight. She pulled out her house keys and opened the door, wondering why the whole place was so dark. She flipped on the lights and as she did, everyone jumped out of their hiding spot, shouting 'surprise!'

Yunhee blinked as a smile slowly appeared on her face. "Is it really that time of the year again?" she asked with a laugh.

Taeyang chuckled. "Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday, Yunhee-ya!"

"Merong~"

Kyuhyun walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. "Happy birthday, Yunhee-ya!"

"Unfair, Kyuhyun-ssi!" complained Minzy. "I wanted to hug unnie first!"

"GROUP HUG!" shouted Eunhyuk as he hugged the two. Everyone else followed along.

Yunhee laughed as she felt herself in the middle of a giant roll. She knew that this was what exactly that she needed at the moment to get some things off her mind. They stayed in that position for a while until Yunhee asked about her presents. Everyone laughed, letting go of her, but some people were more reluctant than others.

Minzy and Daesung guided her to the dining room where a large pile of presents were and also a large sheet cake. She giggled seeing the amount of presents that everyone had gotten her.

"There's actually more upstairs." commented Donghae. "We only choose some of the presents and placed it here."

"There's more? Super Junior, BIGBANG and 2NE1 are spoiling me too much." she pouted.

Seungri laughed. "We like to spoil the short birthday girl."

"I'm not that short, am I?"

"You're the shortest person here." answered Heechul. "How are you so short anyway?"

"Her shortness makes her cute though!" defended Sungmin.

As they argued over that, she excused herself once she heard the doorbell ring. She opened the door and was surprised to see him standing there. He smiled at her then held out a small box. "Happy birthday."

Yunhee looked between the box and him, trying to decide whether he was truly there or not. "Jiyong-ah...."

He cutely cocked his head to the side. "Is there something wrong, Yunhee-ya? Sorry if I wasn't invited or anything, but Daesung-ah texted me about this."

'So he didn't remember it himself.' she thought as she stepped aside. "Come on in. Everyone is in the dining room." she said, guiding him back to the others.


----


Sorry for the late update with this chapter. I really hit a wall with this story and I'd been thinking of stuff for this.

Plus, I'm currently sick. :( So, my creativity and writing has taken a toll because I'm sick.

This chapter, it seems out of it, but I'll try to get back on my horse next chapter. :)

Oh! If you guys like my writings, then you should check out my other story, OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life! :D