20: The birthday party

| R E M E M B E R | P A R T T W O |

I... became lazy. XD; I'm no longer adding the '-ya' and '-ah' to the end of a person's name; it got really annoying. >.<;


---


Yunhee's birthday party ended an hour ago and the last of the guests had already left. Yunhee tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she decided to move some of her presents upstairs. "Here, let me get that." said Kyuhyun as he took the boxes she was carrying and a few more.

"You could have gone home with the rest of your members, Kyuhyun." she said as they walked to the staircase.

He smiled at her. "You know I always spend the whole day with you on your birthday, Yunhee."

She giggled as she opened the door to her room and gasped seeing the placed litter with other presents. "They weren't kidding?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. "Do you want me to help you unwrap them?"

Yunhee nodded. "Yes please."

They spent the next hour opening presents and showing it off to each other. In the end, they had three piles full of clothes she would wear, clothes she wouldn't wear and other random stuff. Kyuhyun smiled as he helped put away the clothes that his hyungs had got her. It was at that time did he realize that she was wearing a necklace. "Where did this come from?" he asked as he touched it.

"Oh, Jiyong got it for me as a present." she answered.

"Ah." he said then dung through his pockets. "You never opened my present for you." he said as he eventually pulled out a long narrow box and envelope.

Yunhee blinked as she took it from him. She first opened the box and saw that there was a silver key inside. Confused, she opened her letter and read it out loud. "'Choi Yunhee-ssi, we are glad to inform you that you'd been chosen as our...'" she stopped reading and looked up at him with wide-eyes. "Kyuhyun, this isn't another one of your jokes, is it?"

He frowned. "I may play jokes on my hyungs, but never on you. I recommended you and they offered it to you."

She looked back at the letter then at him. "I should focus on medical school."

"Yes, but you really want to be a chief." She bit her bottom lip. "Just try it for a little while, as a part time job or something then see whether you want to continue or not."

"But, I have work at the hospital." she argued.

"They can do without you for a week or two." he said as he reached out and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Please? For me? You do this and you don't have to get me anything for Christmas."

She giggled. "Christmas is still a long way from now and you're mentioning it?"

He smirked. "Of course."

Yunhee sighed. "Okay, for one week, I'll play chef at your restaurant, Kyuhyun."

He smiled in victory. "Good, I wouldn't have anyone else but you."


Over the course of the next two weeks, Yunhee continuously went to the restaurant owned by Kyuhyun's aunt and uncle and worked there. She didn't even realize that it'd been two weeks until she was setting up a special menu for a party that was being held there. Yunhee sat at one of the empty tables as she went over the guest's special dinner plans. She frowned, feeling that it was quite odd that they only wanted a small amount of food prepared for the evening. 

"Yunhee."

She looked up from her work and saw Kyuhyun was there. "Why are you here?" she asked.

He sat next to her. "Is that anyway to greet a friend?"

She shook her head. "No, I just thought that you would be busy being an idol and such since I haven't seen around school the last couple of days."

He chuckled and poked her head. "You usually don't see me at school, pabo." She pouted. "You know, you'd been working here for two weeks now."

"Eh!? I thought I'd only been here for a week!" she exclaimed. "I... I should get back to the hospital... but..."

"You don't want to, right? Samchon said that you are the best chef he ever had."

Yunhee sighed. "I don't know what to do, Kyuhyun. Because you made me work here, I'm more confused on what I should do."

He chuckled. "You love it here. Your grandmother and mother grew up in the kitchen too, right? Didn't your grandmother opened her own restaurant back then and left it to you? I think that's where you belong."

"But... I gave all rights to the restaurant when I was in school."

Kyuhyun sighed and looked down at the papers in front of them. "I have a secret to tell you. You gave me the documents to your rights in the restaurant, but I kept it and gave it to samchon. He decided to invest in it and remodeled the place. Right now, we are both sitting in your grandmother's restaurant."

Her eyes widened at his confession. "You're not kidding? I'm...."

"You're still the owner to this restaurant; just like how your grandmother wanted, but if you don't want to work here anymore, then you could sign it completely over to samchon and he'll take care of it. It really is your choice, Yunhee. Become the doctor that your mother wanted you to be or become the chef that you really are."

Yunhee took a deep breath as her mind processed the new information. She had always regretted not listening to her grandmother and sold her restaurant, but she would have never thought that Kyuhyun would do that for her. It made her very happy inside that this was still the restaurant that her grandmother treasured. Just like the beach house, this restaurant was important to her family. "I... this is so much Kyuhyun." Her words came out as a small laugh. She turned to him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you." she mumbled as tears of happiness flow down her cheeks. "Thank you so much."

He smiled and hugged her back. "Anything for you."


Yunhee double checked everything in the dinning room to make sure that the party they were hosting would turn out nicely. Just yesterday, she was able to get in contact with the person throwing the party that only two people will be there, herself and the birthday boy. It still confused Yunhee so much that she went out of her way to reserve the whole restaurant for him, but she didn't question it. She followed her directions as carefully as she could to ensure that they would like their evening.

"Yunhee."

She turned then bowed to the middle-aged man in front of her. "Samchon." she replied. He wasn't her real uncle, seeing that all her living relatives were deceased, but Kyuhyun's uncle preferred for her to call him 'samchon' too.

"Go get dressed up." he said as he nodded to the backroom.

"Get dressed up? Samchon, I'm just going to be the waitress and chef tonight since you allowed the rest of the staff to go home early." she answered, confused.

He chuckled. "Yes, but by request from the client, she wanted all the people serving at the party to dress up formally."

"Waitress formally?" she asked, pointing to the outfit that she was currently wearing.

He shook his head. "Formal formally, Yunhee. Now, I asked Kyuhyun to drop off a dress for you since you won't have time to go back home then come back."

Yunhee sighed and nodded. She went into the back room and saw that Kyuhyun had picked out a knee-length pastel pink dress with spaghetti straps and a new pair of white high heels. She saw a note beside it and opened it.

Sorry if you don't like the dress. It was picked out at the last minute with Sungmin hyung's help. The high heels and accessories were picked out by him too. ~Kyuhyun

She smiled and picked up the dress. "I think it looks cute." she said to no one in particular and changed right there. She decided to pull back the front of her hair and clipped it in the back with the pink rose clip they got her. Changing into the high heels, she stepped out of the room and was greeted by Kyuhyun's smiling uncle.

"Wow, my nephew does know how to pick out the most beautiful things in the world." he said, referring to Yunhee herself, but she didn't catch that and looked down at the dress.

"It really is a nice dress... I hope I won't ruin it." she commented.

He chuckled. "Well, I'm leaving for the night. Don't forget to close up the shop. Better yet, call Kyuhyun to take you home because I don't want you going home by yourself."

She nodded. "Will do, samchon." She bowed as he left. After she was gone, she walked into the kitchen to check on the food again. 

After thirty minutes, she heard the door open. She walked out of the kitchen with a smile. "Annyeong!" she greeted.

"Yunhee?"

She looked at the person and was just as surprised as he was. "Jiyong?"

"You work here?" he asked her but he couldn't stop seeing how beautiful she was.

She nodded. "Umm..." she glanced at the calendar on the wall and realized that this was another set up for them. "Happy birthday." she said as she pointed to the table. "Are you expecting someone else?"

He shook his head. "No, the rest of the members said that my date for tonight would already be at the restaurant." he smiled. "I would have never thought that it would be you, Yunhee."

She blushed. "Well... I didn't know myself." she said. "Please have a seat; I'll go get the dinner." She quickly ran into the kitchen then leaned back against the door feeling how rapidly her heart was beating. "I never expected them to do this." she muttered as she took the plates and put them on a cart.

She rolled it into the dinning room and Jiyong smiled again seeing her return. He stood up and walked to the other side of the table and pulled out her chair. "Sit." he said.

She shook her head. "Anni! I work here! I'm suppose to serve you, not join you, Jiyong!"

He walked up to her. "I want you to join me though." he whispered. She felt her cheeks get hotter as he took her hand and sat her down at the table. He took two plates and put in on the table then sat down. "I'd been wanting to get to know you better; I'm really glad that they did this for me." She slightly nodded.

Throughout dinner, they talked about various things and as time passed, Yunhee was becoming more comfortable around him. After he finished his glass of water, he stood up and turned the stereo up a little as it played a soft slow song. He walked up to her and held out his hand. "Dance with me? Please?"

Yunhee felt herself blush again as she took his hand. Jiyong smiled and gently pulled her up. He guided her away from the table and placed his hands on her waist while Yunhee had her hands on his shoulders. She looked down at their feet the whole time until she felt his hand on her cheek as he moved her head up.

"Yunhee." he called out.

"Yes?" she asked, trying her best not to stutter.

"There's only one gift that I want right now." he said as he looked in her eyes. "And I'm sure that you're the only one that can give it to me."

"W-what?"

He leaned in close to her. "Just close your eyes." he muttered and she did exactly as she was took. In a few seconds, their lips met. The moment they kissed, Jiyong tightly hugged her waist and Yunhee automatically hugged his neck and kissed him back. After a while, she parted and stepped away from him. "Yunhee?"

She opened to say something but nothing came out. Instead, she went into the kitchen and took out his cake box then came back out, handing it to him. "Please leave now." she said in a low whisper.

Jiyong lowered his head and took the box then walked to the door. "I'm sorry." he said as he left.

Yunhee sat down in the nearest chair feeling a bit light headed. She gently touched her lips. 'I... I can't believe I did that.' she thought.


-----

Sorry for the long update. ._____.;