16: Rotiboy Cafe

| R E M E M B E R | P A R T T W O |

Yunhee woke up late that morning. She still had today and tomorrow plus the weekends before she could go back to her normal routine again. She sighed as she stood on her balcony overlooking the ocean. Last night events kept racing through her mind, but there was one thing that bothered her the most; Kyuhyun telling her to become a chef.

As a child, she always dreamt of becoming a chef like her mother and grandmother, but her mother always wanted to her become a doctor like her father was before he left them. Since her mother's death, she kept in her mind the goal of becoming a doctor. Working at the hospital as an intern was really fun; she enjoyed being able to help out those in need, but she had to admit that the feeling of working in a hospital is not even close to comparison as to what she's feeling when she's cooking. As much as she would like to, she was afraid of what her mother would think about her becoming a chef.

She sighed running her hand through her hair. She had a lot on her mind and it was giving her headache, but she knew the remedy for it. Changing out of her pajamas, she grabbed her keys and purse then headed towards her destination.


Walking down the semi-empty streets of Seoul, she took in her surrounds. She paused in front of an opened store and peered inside. It was a small cafe that had opened a for almost a year and Yunhee had always wanted to try it since it opened, but every time when buy the cafe, it was packed full of teenage girls that just seem to be there waiting for someone. But this time, since people should still be in school or at work, there was barely any customers at the moment and she was happy. 

Opening the door, she was instantly greeted with the smell of freshly baked goods. Yunhee smiled, taking off her sunglasses and placing them on the top of her head. She walked to the counter and looked at the buns on displayed. "Can I help you?"

Yunhee looked up and saw a fairly beautiful middle age woman. "Umm, can I have a cappuccino, but can you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon?"

The woman blinked at her than smiled. "Of course dear, would you like something else?"

Yunhee looked at the buns again. "No thank you." she smiled.

"Okay, just have a seat and I'll bring your order to you." she said. "Say, have I'd seen you before?"

Yunhee turned to the woman. "I don't thin-" but she stopped mid-sentence when it hit her who this woman was before her. Yunhee immediately looked down. "I apologize, but this is my first time in this store." she replied. 

"Oh, my mistake then." she said and went to the back.

Yunhee took a seat in a corner, looking around the cafe to see any evidence that would prove her thoughts wrong. Her eyes landed on some pictures hanging on the other side of the wall, all of them had the same person in it. Yunhee bit her lip. 'I never thought I would be in this situation.' she thought.

After a few minutes, the lady came up to her with two cream color mugs and placed them on the table then took the seat opposite from her. The lady smiled at her. "You know, this is my nephew's favorite drink; it's exactly how   you ordered it." she said, taking a sip from her mug.

Yunhee nodded and did the same. Her eyes began to wonder over the features of the woman in front of her. Her long black hair was pulled back into a messy bun. Her skin still looked smooth, except there were some wrinkles around her eyes. Her eyes were what stood out the most to Yunhee. 'They're still as sharp as ever.' she thought. 'She still looks the same as before.'

She smiled at Yunhee. "Tell me dear, what's your name?"

"I don't mean to be rude," Yunhee started, "but you're suppose to introduce yourself first before asking for another's name."

The lady chuckled. "I'm sorry then." she smiled. "My name's Lee Hye Su."

'There's no doubt now; it is her.' Yunhee smiled and nodded. "I'm Yunhee."

"What's your surname, Yunhee-ya?" Hyesu asked.

Yunhee bit her lip, deciding whether or not to tell her. "It's Choi; I'm Choi Yun Hee."

Hyesu grinned. "It's nice to meet you, Choi Yunhee-ya."

Yunhee nodded and took another sip of her drink, enjoying the warm and cold feeling running down . She placed her cup down and looked at Hyesu. "Aunty, how are you?" she smiled. "It's been quite a long time since I last saw you."

Hyesu laughed. "And here I thought you forgot about your dear aunty. Oh, yobo would be so happy to hear this. I'll be right back, okay?" Yunhee nodded and Hyesu went to the back.

Yunhee took a deep breathe. "Now, I wonder how everyone is...?" she asked herself. Yunhee chuckled when she heard some crashed behind the kitchen doors. She saw Hyesu run out and behind her was a middle age man. The man gasped when he saw Yunhee, ran towards her and picked her up as if she was a five-years old girl.

Yunhee laughed. "Uncle! It's nice to see you too!"

The man laughed and placed her down. "I can't believe this was the little girl that just yesterday asked if she could have a slice of cake." he laughed.

"Yah! Minki-ya! Stop mixing up your memories! It makes me feel older than I really am." Hyesu pouted.

Minki laughed and kissed Hyesu on the cheek. "Sorry, yobo~"

Yunhee giggled. "You two are still the loving couple I knew then."

Hyesu laughed. "Yah! Yunhee-ya! When will you and our nephew give us kids!? We and his parents had been waiting for grandchildren since you two hit puberty!" 

Yunhee blushed, her cheeks and ears turning a red like a tomato. Minki chuckled and nervously scratched his cheek. "Yobo~ I don't think now's the time to be discussing that~"

Hyesu pouted. "Fine~" she whined.

Yunhee slightly smiled. "How is aunty, uncle and Dami unnie?"

"You haven't kept in touch with them?" asked Minki. Yunhee shook her head. "Well, they're all doing fine. You really should meet up with them soon, Yunhee-ya."

"I'll think about it." she answered, looking at her watch. "I apologize, but I have to go!" she hugged them tightly. "I'll see you two again." she said then took out her wallet, but Hyesu stopped her.

"It's on the house." she smiled. 

Yunhee nodded and hugged them again. "Please don't tell anybody about this meeting." she said then ran out the door.

Hyesu frowned. "I can't tell anybody. Wah, she's still the same."

Minki laughed. "At least we know that she's fine. She has become such a beautiful young lady." 

Hyesu sighed. "She has and if your idiot nephew doesn't do something, someone's going to steal her."

He patted her shoulder. "Yah, he's your idiot nephew too."

The corners of twitched then she sighed again. "Stupid Jiyong-ah." she muttered.


----


Okay, a shorter chapter than before, but I'm sorta rushed right now. XD; Umm, most of the stuff in here is true. GD's uncle and aunt does own a Rotiboy Cafe and GD's older sister is named Dami, but I don't know the names of any other member of his family. XD; So, yeah.

Now, I need to go. kekeke

Oh, but first, I also have another story up called OMO! I Thought I Wanted a Simple Life! If you have time, check it out. :D

Comment please people~