17: A Date Gone Wrong

| R E M E M B E R | P A R T T W O |

The small cell phone rang as it moved across the table. Once it reached the edge of the coffee table, it stopped, flashing because of the new message. After a few seconds, the phone rang again, falling off the edge, but lucky the owner was able to catch it.

She sighed as she fixed the towel wrapped about her body. With another sigh, she accepted the call. "Yobosaeyo?"

"Noona! I need you to do me a very huge favor!"

She frowned. "What is it?" He told her the situation and she sighed. "Okay, why me?"

"You're one of the most fashionable people I know; well, besides myself anyway." he laughed. "Please? It's just for today then I can take you out for dinner tomorrow if you're free, noona."

"I have a date tomorrow. But, before you start shouting, it's a business date." she replied. "Don't worry, I'll be there for them. What time again?"

"At three." 

"Okay, I'm hanging up now to get ready." she said as she hung up the phone without another word from him. She sighed another time that morning and when to dry off and to get on some clothes.


Yunhee sat on the park bench checking her watch. The 2NE1 girls called her out this morning to hang out with them and now she was sitting in the park, waiting for the girls for the past ten minutes. Yunhee frowned. "I still could be at Rotiboy right now." she paused. "But, it'll probably be crowded right now. I guess it was a good thing to leave then." she sighed.

Yunhee heard the clicking of heels, but she knew it couldn't be them since she only heard a single pair. The footsteps stop and Yunhee glanced at the person. Yunhee stared at her with wide eyes; she was a beautiful woman, probably in the early twenties. Her black hair was straightened and big white rimmed sunglasses cover most of her face. Yunhee can clearly see the bright red lipstick and the slight blush on her face. She looked like she jumped out of a fashion magazine with her stylish looks.

The woman sighed and sat on the opposite end of the bench, pulling out her cell phone. She dialed a number and pressed the phone against her ear. Yunhee took side glances at the woman, studying her. She knew that she looked familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it, it was like her mind was currently blank due to the beauty of the woman next to her. Yunhee saw her frowned and angrily hung up her phone.

"You know," she spoke up, causing Yunhee to slightly jump, "if you take a picture, they last longer."

Yunhee immediately looked down at her hands. "I apologize."

There was an awkward silence between the two as they sat there, waiting for whoever to come.


Dara frowned as she glared at the scene in front of her. "That pabo! I can't believe it! I can't believe that he didn't show up!"

Minzy pouted. "Unnie seems very uncomfortable out there."

"But shouldn't she know who that is?" asked CL. "If they were childhood friends, Yunhee should know who that is, right?"

Bom sighed. "We should continue to spy on them even though this plan was a failure."

CL looked through the binoculars again. "Well, we did get a Kwon, just the wrong one."


Yunhee shifted in her seat. "Umm... do you mind if I ask you who you're waiting for?"

She glanced at her then sighed. "You won't believe it, but I'm waiting for 2NE1."

Yunhee blinked and looked at her. "I'm waiting for them too...."

She stared at Yunhee then took off her sunglasses. Yunhee can perfectly see the ruby contacts in her eyes and as the makeup around her eyes was smoky. "You look so familiar, I can't put my finger on it." she said, looking Yunhee over.

Yunhee blinked. "May I ask for your name?"

She remained silent for a bit then answered. "Dami. Kwon Dami."

Yunhee eyes went wide when she heard her name. "Unnie...? Is that really you?"

Dami squinted her eyes before she finally realized who she was. "Yunhee-ya? Choi Yunhee-ya?." Yunhee nodded. "Oh my god...." A smiled appeared on her face as she pulled her into an embrace. "It's been so long since I last saw you! And oh my god, you even dyed your hair. I have to say, you really do look better with light brown then dark. Oh! And you're chubby cheeks are still here!" she squealed as she pinched Yunhee's cheeks.

"U-unnie, that hurts." said Yunhee.

Dami grinned then let go. "I can't believe how beautiful you are, Yunhee-ya! You became such a beautiful young woman. Oh, umma and appa would be so happy to hear that!" she said a pulled out her phone again. Before Yunhee could say anything, she had already dialed the number. "Umma! You would not believe who I just met! ... No, I haven't met Rain-ssi yet. ... No, not even Se7en-ssi. ... Umma, Yunhee-ya's sitting right next to me. ... Yes, the same little Yunhee-ya from back then. ... Are you? We'll be right over! ... Oh, right." Dami looked at Yunhee then frowned. "She looks a but skinner than when we last saw her, so you should probably make a big feast, umma. ... Okay, see you soon."

Yunhee complained when Dami started pulling her towards her car. "Unnie!"

"Umma wants to see you and you know that I won't let you go until I do this." Dami grinned.

"But! What about 2NE1!?"

"They probably set this whole thing up. Jiyong-ah was suppose to be here, not me." she replied.

"Oh." Yunhee pouted. 'It was probably one of their matchmaking plans.'

The two exited the park and Yunhee stared at the car in front of her. "This is yours, unnie?"

Dami smiled like a proud mother. "Isn't she a beauty? This Ferrari is my baby." Dami took out the keys and opened the passenger door. "Come on, it'll take us an hour and a half to get there if there's no traffic. So, this is the prefect chance to catch up."

Yunhee sighed, knowing that she can't get out of this. "Okay unnie; whatever you say." she replied and got in the car.

Dami grinned, happy to have her favorite dongsaeng again.