Muscles and Messages

Dark Prince

When one's mind has been attuned to possible betrayal, every little move seems like a bad sign. After Injun had seen Mika with the demon band leader, he had been on the edge of sanity, feeling like something was going to blow anytime. Even as he looked at the other Kidemonas helping people, Injun was on the defense. This had been going on for a few days, but he was already getting mentally and physically exhausted. Even Jin noticed the toll it took on him, and was getting worried.

So that's basically how Injun found himself trying to relax in a sauna, Jin having suggested that the intense heat would do him a lot of good. It worked surprisingly well, Injun rendered unable to think about anything but the comforting heat. Also, since he didn't want to be with a bunch of strangers, he dragged Husky along. In the most heteroual way, Injun was a little surprised at how muscular the other turned out to be. He didn't remember Husky being this buff the last time he saw him shirtless. Injun's masculine pride was shrinking beside him, hard as it was to admit, harder even to accept. Luckily, there were very few who had been in the mood for a sauna that day.

At first, all the two friends did was sit on the benches with just the towels around their waists where there were just two other older men talking to their left. The older men seemed to have been there for quite some time already, because they were out soon after Injun and Husky came in. While the silence was welcome for Injun, Husky had to break it with a slap to his back. The little boys in them were coming out. With a chuckle, Injun looked up at his best friend and elbowed him while hurling a childish insult, one that Husky was quick to answer.

"That the best you can do?" Husky's evil smile bored into Injun.

"For now," Injun sighed in defeat, both against the heat and Husky, "yes. Besides, I'm sweating too hard to think about your immaturity."

"You're the one who called me--"

"Shut up, Husky."

As time passed, Injun could feel his muscles relaxing more and more, making him feel weak in the heat. It made him lean over with his arms on his legs and hang his head with his eyes closed, Husky seeming to do the same beside him. Although he didn't want to think about it, the angels and demons of the world around him came to mind, especially Mika. After seeing him talking with Five, Injun hadn't seen the angel again. It wasn't that strange, considering that they had seemingly no business together, but it still made him wonder what the angel was doing during that time. Even Jin seemed a bit shocked at their finding, which of course didn't help matters any.

Forcing the thoughts out of his mind with a shake of his head, Injun sat up again to see that Husky was nearly falling asleep. With a good slap to his back, Injun woke him up. Of course, Husky whined and complained, but Injun silenced him with a threat to have him fall asleep and eventually lose his towel. After almost having another fight, the two friends decided to go to the washing area. While the sauna area was empty except for the two of them, there was actually a few people who were just washing, but Injun and Husky had no trouble finding spots for themselves.

Several silent minutes passed as the two friends wet and lathered themselves up. While they were washing, however, Injun noticed some movement way on the other end of the bathhouse. He looked up and gave pause before quickly resuming his wash. Over there was another snarling demon, which still made Injun shudder, as used to them as he had become. For a moment, he thought how lucky Husky was never to look upon such ugly darkness, such evil. But fortunately for Injun, Jin arrived to shoo it away. When the boy was going to give a nod of thanks to the guardian angel, he was stunned by the extremely grave look on Jin's face, making his heart pound harder than the demon did. Then the angel did something else that was uncharacteristic: he disappeared before further acknowledging Injun with a goodbye or even a smile.

"You look like you've seen a huge dong," Husky's voice broke him out of his stupor. "But I don't see any anywhere."

"Don't mind me," Injun looked down and continued to wash.

"What's wrong? You usually tell me to shut up."

"Oh...shut up," Injun muttered half-heartedly.

"Come on," Husky reached and slapped his friend's , "you're not going to be so sullen while we're , are you?"

That drew a genuine smile from Injun, which Husky took advantage of.

"See?" Husky smiled back. "It's fun being , isn't it?"

"Now you're going too far," Injun chuckled. "You're the one who wanted to come here when I was content walking through the malls."

"We couldn't afford anything but a sweat, so we came here, duh," Husky made a face.

It was things like these that made Injun feel human, maybe normal, despite his status in the spiritual world. The slightest smiles that Husky brought out from him had Injun's heart overflow with gratitude to his best friend, a thanks that he couldn't even voice. Instead, the Dark Prince elbowed Husky in the arm, both of which were lathered and slippery. Their chuckling drew the eyes of most of the people who were in the bath house, most of them glares. They apologized and resumed washing in quiet laughter.

When the two were done, Injun and Husky put on their clothes and returned home. Although Husky was worried that Injun would come home to turmoil, he knew that the other was strong. So with almost bitter goodbyes, Injun left for home alone at Husky's door, promising to see each other at school the next day. Almost expectedly, Injun found himself walking with Jin, though there was a definite air of gravity about the angel that day, as shown by his earlier departure. It was hard for Injun to stay quiet, harder even for him to speak up, as the angel kept going back and forth between telling him what was on his mind or not. Eventually, Jin just asked for Injun to mentally prepare himself for what he was returning home to, and disappeared after that. The last time that Jin asked him to go by himself, he found out about his conception, so he was nervous already.

At the doorsteps to his house, Injun could feel the darkness even from outside. He could also hear the shouting. With a huff of determination, the boy marched into his home, only to find a horde of demons surrounding his parents, all of them shouting and laughing in sick enjoyment. Injun had never seen anything like that before, so he was shocked, immediately darting for his room. To make matters worse, there was a group of demons waiting at the door to his room as well. The evil beings smiled and dispersed, as if they had waited specifically for him to come home, but for what he didn't know. The answer to his question was literally written in his room. Injun flinched when he felt arms on his shoulders, but breathed a sigh of relief when he looked back and saw his guardian angel. The two of them silently looked at the wall in Injun's room, digesting the words written on them.

"Dark Prince...my son, you will pay for turning against us.

"You were supposed to be their leader, not their judgement.

"Look over your shoulder, listen for footsteps behind you,

"We're coming for you."

The words, not written by anything physical, disappeared when its intended reader was finished.