Prophecy

Dark Prince

Over the next few months, Injun kept busy with his schoolwork, his exorcisms, and even his new friend in addition to Husky. Jin helped through it all, even his personal life. Mr. and Mrs. Lee also had many fights, all of which Injun steered clear from. It was during these several months that Injun discovered his abilities. He was capable of telekinesis, force fields, and even disabling his opponents' powers. The demons were beginning to fear him as they should, not even intimidating him when he walked by anymore. Unfortunately, however, Injun still didn't know much about his role in this whole affair. In fact, he had been told nothing new since the slip of the prophecy and being called a Dark Prince.

The people and places Injun had been exorcising consisted of both public hospitals and private homes. He had grown powerful enough to face demons affecting humans, though that meant he had lost battles as well. Jin had told him not to think about those losses too much, just as he said not to overcelebrate the victories. It was interesting to note how the demons almost seemed to regard Injun with respect and a little fear now, even the ugliest, toughest looking ones. Injun also sent more boxes to random countries at Jin's instructions, but was never once told what they were, or where they originated from. He about to snap from Jin's secretive ways.

But as Injun was walking home, in a post-exorcism rain, he was pondering over his previous fight. His guardian angel hadn't appeared to him, which was strange in itself, but that was probably because of what had just happened. In the months that Injun had first started banishing demons, he had never once heard one talk, until this night at the Seoul Mental Facility. This one had been afflicting an old man for the better part of his life, and put up one hell of a fight, no pun intended. But that wasn't what set it apart from all previous fights. Unlike any other of the demons Injun had fought, this one could talk. Before the fight, it was a typical "welcome, prepare to lose" kind of conversation, but as the demon was being taken away by a tongue of fire, it shouted out something unsettling.

Once in his room, Injun sat on his bed and waited. His parents asked him where he was, but he only gave vague answers, wanting to go straight into his room. Jin was sure to appear, as he did most nights, and Injun just had to have patience. The boy did his homework, sang a little with his guitar, and even played several games of sudoku, looking around every several minutes to check for Jin. It was uncharacteristic of the angel not to be seen for so long after an exorcism, but he eventually did...when Injun was asleep.

"It's time," Jin said grimly.

"Where am I?" Injun looked around the blinding white space he was in.

"You're dreaming, and I need you to come with me."

"Jin, wait."

"Yes?" Jin turned back to face the boy.

"Why did the demon cry out 'Your Majesty' as he was being taken to Hell?"

"I'm going to take you somewhere first," Jin said, still keeping his solemn expression. "You'll find that part out soon."

After a moment, Jin took Injun by the hand and there was a huge flash. When Injun opened his eyes, he found that he and the angel were flying upwards at an unnaturally fast speed. They passed stars, planets, suns, even whole galaxies, and Injun had but fractions of moments to behold them. Soon, they arrived at a place that resembled a huge military base, though it was far from earthly. The walls were made out of jade, and the floors were pure crystal, through which a network of angels could be seen.

"Is this Heaven?" Injun asked, still dumbfounded by his surroundings.

"No," Jin lead Injun across halls, rooms, and angels. "Halfway there. This is where the angels are organized and dispersed. The ones here are outside of time, and they are my superiors. They came to me and told me that it was time for you to start understanding who you are."

Through the majestic halls they went, a few of the busy angels stopping and greeting them at times. Jin kept a quick pace, and Injun had to run to keep up. They stopped and entered what seemed to be a conference room, but was empty except for a single angel who was probably waiting for them. He had a serious face as well.

"Hello, Jin," the angel greeted them. "And welcome, Injun. You are still stupified, I see."

"Yes, sir," Injun nodded in wonder.

"Nice to see you again, Namjoon," Jin bowed his head.

Injun listened as the angels spoke in another language that he swore he heard somewhere before, but he dismissed it as his imagination acting up. The two angels seemed to get more and more serious with every word, and that kind of worried the boy. But they soon turned to him with a forced smile.

"Pooh Bear," Jin came and put his hands on Injun's shoulder. "I'll ask of you what I've been asking for months. Trust us, okay?"

"Okay," Injun nodded. "I will."

For a moment, concern flickered over Namjoon's face, but he kept calm anyway. He pointed to a scroll behind him with words on it that Injun couldn't read. It was spread out and looked as if it had been there for a very long time.

"Listen carefully," Namjoon said with authority. "Enas ieros polemos erchetai, alla o Skoteinos Prinkipas tha katastrepsei ton kosmo. Mono enas Prinkipas tou enos borei na nikisei ton allo kai sto telos tou polemou. Mia thysia tis zois prepei kaneis na kanei gia na sosei ametrites alles. Se periptosi Fos niki, Skouro tha kyvernisei. Se periptosi Skouro niki, Fos tha kyvernisei."

Jin's grip on Injun's shoulders tightened with the recitation of the scroll.

"I didn't get one word of that," Injun almost wanted to laugh.

"It's the prophecy," Jin whispered. "The one we on earth think is about you."

That made Injun begin to tense in anticipation.

"What does it mean?" Injun wondered if he had the guts to learn now.

"I'll give it to you in Korean," Jin heaved a long sigh. "A holy war will rise, but he unknowingly destroys the world, the Dark Prince. Only the Prince from one can destroy the other and end the war. A sacrifice of life must one make to save countless others. Should Light win, Dark will rule. Should Dark win, Light will rule."

Namjoon's frown was the last thing Injun saw before he gasped and shot up on his bed. The clock beside him read 4:22. Injun thought over what Jin had just read to him, and of his being called the Dark Prince. Now that he actually heard it, Injun thought there was no way that it was about him. I mean, how could he be a Dark Prince if he were fighting off the demons? Wouldn't that make him part of the Light that the prophecy talked about? Wouldn't it?

"I'm sorry for the suddenness of it all," Jin's soft voice came from the darkness of Injun's room. "I still don't think you're ready, but my superiors ordered me to...I'm so sorry, Pooh Bear."

"I'm not the Dark Prince," Injun outright laughed. "That prophecy can't be about me."

"We Kidemonas think you are. The higher ranked ones won't tell us the truth, saying we shouldn't know the future, but you are our best guess."

Out in the direction of the kitchen, a light sniffle caught Injun's attention.

"How did you come up with that stupid idea?" Injun shook his head. "There's nothing dark about me."

"Go to your mother," Jin bit his lip. "Your father left in his rage, and she's in the kitchen crying. I think it's better if you hear it from her. You'll believe her more than you would me. It's something you should know by now, despite how disturbing it may be."

Injun frowned at Jin's acting strange, still convinced that there was no way he could be a prince, and a dark one at that. There was just no way it could be possible. He failed to see Jin actually crying, which was something angels weren't known to do, as he walked out of his room and into the kitchen. There, Mrs. Lee was sitting with a cup of tea in her hands and tears streaming down her face. She had a sense of pain in her eyes, and Injun wondered how it took him so long to see that.

"I'm not a ," she choked out. "I swear, I'm not a ."