Party (part 1)

Noona Take Care of us!

You head over to the punchbowl to energize yourself. You felt so hyper all of the sudden. Actually, you really didn't want to phsyc yourself by giving yourself the mindset that you needed to win. But darn, it would be pretty awesome if I did. The waiter gave you a cup of punch. After saying thank you, you realized that your phone was vibrating. You hurriedly grabbed your phone out of your small gold clutch bag. Seeing who the caller was almost made you spit out your punch. "I-its mom" you whispered. It's been ages since she called you, that went the same with your dad. They didn't even call you when you were sick. What could be so important that she would call you? Suddenly all these things came into  your head. An arranged marriage? or are they perhaps going to force me into college in another country?

You shakily press the "accept" button and place the phone near your ear. You drank another sip of punch to clear your dry throat. "Hello?" you said softly "Mom?"

"It seems that you're little "game" has bore fruit." even with all that static your mom replied with her usual tone, straight-forward yet stern at the same time.

Wow.She didn't even say "Hi daughter! sorry for not showing up all these months, or even calling." 

Of course, you knew that she knew what you were doing. You didn't even try to hide your secret identity with your parents because you knew that they would eventually find out despite you cutting off almost all ties with their money.

"Yeah, it seems so." you say indifferently, that was the politest tone you could muster. 

"It seems that our giving you time before you go off to college wasn't a complete waste after all." She said. Despite that offensive statement, it was the first time your mom actually acknowledged you.

Wait, why am I happy? that statement is by far not something to be happy about. But since you've had so little if any acknowledgement from your parents, you couldn't help but smile a little.

"Thanks." you say "Mom" you added.

There was a long awkward pause. "Say thanks AFTER you win. Prove to us that you are doing something useful, this is your last chance"

*blink* -------end of conversation.

The small bit of happiness you got from her saying that you being a stylist wasn't a complete waste was gone. Of course, she wants me to win. Why else would she call me? to thank me for being soo good all these times they were gone? to  congratulate me for being nominated? Pshaw. .no way. "Hwang's never settle for second best."  as your dad always says.

You could feel the hurt seeping in. Your heart started getting heavy. You could feel tears gathering in your eyes. You quickly wipe them away and gulp down the remains of the punch in your cup. You ask for another cup. "Ma'am are you sure?" the waiter asked. "Of course I'm sure! that's why I'm asking!" You lashed out. Hearing your outburst, the waiter quickly obliged and filled up your cup. You drank it all in one gulp.

Instead of freshness, the fruity punch gave you more bitterness. Your head started pounding, and could feel more tears gathering in your eyes, obscuring your vision, making you wobble as you walk towards a chair.

"Woah! noona! are you okay?" Someone said as he he held your wrists firmly, giving you support. You wiped your eyes, displacing your glasses and looked up to see a very concerned L.Joe. "Y-yeah I'm fine, just a bit sleepy." 

He readjusted your glasses and wrapped his arms around you. "Sheesh noona, you sound like your nine, how can you be sleepy when it's still 8:00?" He said jokingly."Come on, let's get you to a seat."

"T-thanks." You stutter as you try to fight the pounding in your head. Gosh! what IS this headache?

When you were finally placed in a chair in the corner, L.joe let go of you. "Are you okay? or do you want me to stay with you?"He asked. "I'm fine." You say, trying to hide your exhasperation. He looked hesitant but he decided to believe you "Just stay there noona, we'll call you when its time for the awardings, or when something comes up." L.joe went back to mingling with the crowd.

For a few minutes, or maybe several, you just stare blankly, hoping no one will notice you, occassionally standing up to get more punch, or when somebody talks to you. Even though you try to sound as cheerful and as ok as ever, the conversations you had were half-hearted at best.

You stay in your seat chugging down your 5th cup of punch for the night, when suddenly someone grabs the cup away from your hands.You furrowed your brows and stared at the man who took away your precious punch.

------Niel---------

Niel looked looked at you curiously. "Noona,"  he said slowly, as If you were a kid or something. "How many of these have you had?" he asked.

"four? five? I lost" *burp* "count." Niel took a whiff of the cup. Yeah, it has alchohol alright.  Niel looked at you with concern. "How do you feel?"

You flail your arms around awkardly as if trying to shoo him away. "I'm fine, I'm fine"  Niel gave out a deep sigh and slapped his forehead. This girl, why would she drink too much if she knows that she has almost zero tolerance for alcohol? You looked at him, with half lidded eyes, barely able to keep them open, burping and mumbling random things like chicken pie or guava scented shampoo. Niel looked at you with disbelief. Wh-what should I do? She can't be seen drunk here! especially if she wins!  Niel took a seat next to you and scooched over. "I told you I'm fi-" you say, but then you were muffled by Niel's hand. "Noona, you're too loud." Niel said in a hushed voice, looking around if anyone took notice of your interrupted outbust "I know that you're fine, I just decided, um. . that I suddenly want to sit with you." Niel said calmly, to calm your very unstable self. . drunk people are so difficult

You looked at him quizzically, then, you whoozily come closer towards him. "Wh-what?" Niel stuttered.

Niel looked at you, you with your half-lidded eyes, and red cheeks, probably from intoxication. Slowly coming towards him. With a blank expression. He gulped. "Noona, I think you have no idea what your doing right now."

But you didn't listen, you couldn't, probably because your head was out of this world, you still kept advancing, fixing your gaze on Niel's obvioulsy shocked and embarrassed face. W-what is she doing?? Pink pigments were slowly forming on the base of his cheeks. He closed his eyes firmly. "N-noona?" he stuttered

Then, when your faces were at their closest. With your thumb, you wiped off something in his eye.

"You're eyeliner looks like crap."

. . oh

Niel gave out a sigh of relief and tried to recompose himself. What the heck was I thinking? of course she wouldn't try to kiss me. Even if she's drunk.

You looked at him quizzically, slowly deciphering the thing that went through his mind. You gave an awkward grin. "What? you thought I was going to kiss you or something?" 

Niel's eyes widened. And his pink cheeks were slowly turning redder. "No I wasn't!" He retorted.

You gave another grin. You patted his cheek lightly. "You're 365 days too young my boy." You say dizzily. 

Niel pouted, I'm just as old as Chunji, and C.A.P's not that much older too. >,<, what do they have that I don't have? 

Niel suddenly changed his aura, from childish and talkative, he suddenly had a sharp look in his eyes. "Noona, I'm not a kid you know." He mumbled. "Wha?" you still felt too hazy to listen properly. He came closer. "Do you see me as a man? even a little?" god! i sound like the guys in one of those soap operas. -.-  but that question has really been in my mind. I mean, I've been crushing on noona for like AGES! but she really doesn't seem to notice me, no matter how hard I try to be cheerful and talkative towards her. Or on all the time's I comforted her on things. Now, Chunji and C.A.P are already a step ahead of me, as If I don't know, Chunji and C.A.P really have a problem with whispering quietly.

You looked at him as if he was stupid. "of course I see you as a man, it would be pree~tty wierd if I didn't" you say "Hmm. .but I guess you would look good in a wig." you giggled. imagining Niel in a wig

. . .

Ugh. no use opening up to her like this. She's about as senseful as a wall.

Niel shrugged and gave up on havinga sane conversation with you. "Yeah, I would look good in a wig" he said folding his arms. Your feeling got worse. Your head was 

Suddenly, you rested your head on Niel's shoulder. Making Niel jolt a bit. Oh god. . @///@

Niel got a bit uncomfortable, he noticed his face getting redder by the second, so he tried to make an excuse. He pretended to look around. "Noona, someone might get the wrong idea." 

For some reason, that made you tick, You quickly get away from him, Not saying a word. Awkward silence filled the air. I-is she mad?

Before Niel could talk, the loud speaker cut him off. "Ladies and Gentlemen!"The  eager voice of the host said. "It is now time for The awards!" 

------------------------------------------

Your ears perk up , despite being in a daze, You absolutely had no idea what you were doing. Why am I feeling like this?. . Suddenly, someone spotted you and dragged you towards the stage. He said something with a smile, but you were too hazed to make it out. You find yourself seated onstage, along with other nominees, in different categories. Hordes of screams were heard every time a winner for each category were announced. You still couldn't think straight.

But these words make sit pin straight: "And the winner for the best Stylist awards Is!. . . "

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heheheh sorry for taking too long in updating T.T i really want to update regulary but I have exams again. UGH! actually I have 3 weeks of exams, there should be a law against this!! XD hahah

anyways, hope adding Niel wouldn;t complicate the story. I guess it does, hehe, but I want the story to be fun with a lot of surprises. .oooh! lol